Deck or Porch Collapse
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Top Rated and Elite Team of Lawyers and Paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Fight to Obtain the Best Result After a Buffalo, New York Deck or Porch Collapse Personal Injury Accident.
Deck and porch collapses can lead to serious personal injury or death. In areas of heavier snowfall and wet conditions, like those in Buffalo, New York, there is a high risk of these accidents occurring. It is possible that these accidents are the direct result of negligent behavior by building owners or contractors, and if you have been injured, you should be justly compensated.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered an injury or death as a result of a porch or deck collapse, you should call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., a Best Law Firm of America, today. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will move quickly to investigate your case! After determining liability, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of Buffalo, New York deck and porch collapse injury attorneys will sue any and all responsible parties and will fight to obtain the best result possible for you!
Located in Buffalo, New York, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Please call us at 716-839-3939 or contact us online for a free consultation. Our team of compassionate, highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking lawyers and paralegals will fight diligently to get you the money you deserve and the peace of mind you need.
Deck and porch collapses are relatively common. The Consumer Products Safety Commission estimates that over 600 injuries result from deck collapses each year.
InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, estimates that there are 45 million decks existing in North America and that less than half of them are safe. InterNACHI expects this is because homeowners or contractors assume that decks and balconies are simple to construct and neglect to follow safe procedures in deck or porch construction.
Common causes of deck and porch collapse include:
- Dry rot caused by water entering the building or the connection between the building and deck or porch structure;
- Splitting of ledger boards as a result of improper bolting procedure;
- Improper design leading to unsafe load distribution;
- Improper nailing or bolting of other critical support structures or structures that attach the deck or porch to the house;
- Purposeful or accidental use of faulty construction materials; or
- Lack of a proper sturdy foundation to support decks and porches from below.
These defects typically cause a porch or deck to fail to support the weight placed upon it by persons, furniture and other items. A safe deck should be able to support many people, whether they are moving, stomping or dancing.
The older the deck or porch structure is, the more likely it is that each of these defects are to be an issue. Sadly, most deck and porch collapses are completely preventable and result purely from a lack of proper construction or maintenance.
If you suffered a serious personal injury caused by a deck or porch collapse in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; or beyond, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. NOW. Our top rated and highly experienced Buffalo, New York personal deck and porch collapse injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve! Call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
Almost all deck and porch collapses result from improper construction or failure to maintain the structure. If you, or a loved one, were injured or killed as a result of a deck or porch collapse, you may be able to hold the building owner or the construction company liable. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will investigate your accident so that we can hold all of the negligent parties responsible.
Types of negligence by the person or persons constructing a deck or porch that may result in collapse include:
- Failure to construct the deck or porch in accordance with local building code;
- Failure to acquire the appropriate permit for construction, resulting in no inspection or accountability;
- Failure to properly weatherproof and waterproof building materials to prevent dry rot or other water damage;
- Failure to properly support a deck or porch structure from below, whether by using improper foundation materials, improper footings or not weather-proofing wooden materials;
- Failure to guarantee soundness of structural walls to which the porch or deck will be attached;
- Failure to ensure proper load distribution for the deck or porch’s intended purpose;
- Failure to use appropriate nails, bolts or other hardware, or known use of faulty materials;
- Failure to utilize appropriate bolting patterns; or
- Cutting corners in any way that might risk the structural soundness and stability of the deck or porch.
A landlord or property owner may be at fault when the porch or deck collapses as a result of improper maintenance if the property owner or landlord knew or should have known about the structural defects and neglected to remedy them in a timely fashion. The property owner may not know that the construction company they hired is failing to meet safety standards and may have every reason to assume that a newly constructed deck or porch is safe to use. In this case, the construction company is liable. It is also possible that a deck or porch collapse may be the result of faulty building materials, in which case the liability rests with the manufacturer of those materials.
WERE YOU INJURED BECAUSE OF A BUILDER’S FAILURE TO PROPERLY CONSTRUCT A PORCH OR DECK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AN EXPERIENCED PREMISES LIABILITY LAWYER IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK, TODAY AT 716-839-3939 FOR THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you, or a loved one, experienced a personal injury accident as a result of a deck or porch collapse, call Jed Dietrich Esq. and the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939 TODAY for more information. If you are unsure who is at fault for your accident or if you are unsure if you are entitled to compensation, call 716-839-3939 today for a FREE CONSULTATION. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of experienced porch and deck collapse injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York, will help you determine who is at fault for the accident and what your compensation rights are.
If you suffered a personal injury as a result of a deck or porch collapse, you may be entitled to compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of aggressive, tenacious and hardworking lawyers and paralegals at Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to you get the best result possible. You may be entitled to:
- Payment of your medical bills;
- Payment for your pain and suffering;
- Payment for additional damages to your property;
- Payment for your lost wages if you were unable to work because of your injuries; and
- Payment for other costs incurred as a direct result of the deck or porch accident personal injury.
If the negligence of a property owner or contractor resulted in a personal injury to you, or someone you love, you may be entitled to compensation. It is urgent that you call us immediately so that Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can begin the battle to get you the best result possible. This is a time-sensitive process and it is important that any evidence of negligence be collected immediately to help prove fault. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. now at 716-839-3939. We will always fight to obtain the best result for personal injury deck or porch collapse accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!