Jed Dietrich, Esq. Will Fight for the Best Result Possible for People Who Are Injured in Building Collapse Accidents in Buffalo, New York and Throughout New York State.
Constructing a building is not a simple undertaking. It is necessary for every aspect of the build to be completed with extreme care, precision and attention to detail. Even the slightest flaw in the design, structural engineering or construction can have disastrous repercussions. Whether a building is under construction, newly built, in use or nearing demolition, people rarely expect it to collapse. While building collapses can be complete or only partial, in either case the consequences can be disastrous and even fatal. Building collapses are one of the most tragic events that can happen in crowded buildings and densely populated metropolitan areas.
An apartment building that endures an abrupt collapse can easily cause multiple casualties. If a structural failure occurs in a tall downtown building, the magnitude of the catastrophe could be exponentially greater. Collapses not only jeopardize the lives of the occupants, but also everyone in the building’s surrounding vicinity. Many collapses happen while a building is being constructed or renovated and can place construction workers in grave danger. Additionally, structural failures can cause serious injuries to pedestrians in the area, as well as occupants of adjoining buildings. Even partial collapses can result in serious, life-changing injuries and death.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in a building collapse, chances are you may still be in a state of shock. Hospital bills can add up rapidly. Not to mention, if you are unable to work, an unexpected loss of income can make your situation even more dire. Unfortunately, innocent victims are typically the ones that suffer from the negligent and careless practices of building owners, contractors, engineers or other involved parties. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of building collapse accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York recognize that the innocent lives of victims are often torn apart due to the destructive effects of building crashes. These types of heartbreaking injuries inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Buffalo, New York every single day.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who are injured in Buffalo, New York and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York building collapse accident injury attorneys will strive to obtain the best result possible for victims of building collapses. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome sets us apart from the competition. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!
Buildings do not just fall apart and collapse for no apparent reason and without any warning signs. There are numerous parties that are required to properly perform their duties in order to maintain a building’s structural integrity. When a building collapses it is due to negligence or incompetence somewhere along the line as well as fundamental, overlooked and persistent structural problems. When a building is property built, inspected and maintained, its structure will remain secure, strong and properly supported. The primary causes of building collapses include:
- Inadequate demolition procedures: Most buildings are demolished in phases. If any of the phases are done incorrectly, parts of the building could fall down unexpectedly, causing workers to be injured.
- Excessive weight: When buildings are strained by too much weight, they can easily collapse. This often results from objects, such as construction equipment, that are not part of the building’s permanent structure. Similarly, existing buildings that are not designed to bear the added weight of renovations can collapse.
- Design or engineering flaws: Architects and engineers may make catastrophic miscalculations in a building’s design, resulting in a structure doomed to fall down.
- Unauthorized alterations in the course of construction: Even the smallest deviation from the blueprint could weaken the structural integrity of a building.
- Insufficient building materials: The structural foundation, especially in older buildings, may deteriorate and degrade over time. Inadequate, defective or low-quality construction materials can cause weaknesses that may go unnoticed until it is too late.
- Buildup of excess snow: During the winter months, inches and even feet of snow can accumulate on rooftops. This accumulation can add a substantial amount of weight and stress to a building.
- Foundation failures: Weak, damaged or flawed foundations can cause a building’s walls to shift and add too much weight on one side, making a collapse inevitable.
- Failure to adequately maintain: When a building is not properly maintained mold, water leaks or rust can weaken its structure. This can cause important elements to become damaged, decayed, cracked or saggy, and ultimately collapse.
Oftentimes, there may be multiple causes behind a building’s structural breakdown and collapse. If you, or a loved one, were injured in a building collapse accident, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939. Our team of building collapse injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will fight for the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. Call us today so that we can help you. We never get paid unless we WIN for you!
Buildings falling apart can cause overwhelming damage and destruction to victims. Buildings are often constructed using cement, steel or wooden materials that can easily crush unsuspecting dwellers. Some common injuries resulting from building collapses include:
- Fractured and broken bones;
- Severed limbs;
- Internal injuries or organ damage;
- Punctured lungs;
- Crushing injuries;
- Neck injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, including herniated or protruding discs;
- Total paralysis;
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Severe head wounds;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Permanent disabilities;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder; and
Building collapse accidents can cause severe injuries that may result in numerous surgeries, extensive periods of rehabilitation, lifelong medical care, pain and suffering and years of lost earnings. If you were injured in a building collapse accident in New York State, you want the best Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer to handle your claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America who is dedicated to providing the highest level of personal injury service. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of Buffalo, New York building collapse accident injury attorneys will treat you with respect and compassion, and we are here to help you through this difficult time. Contact us today at 716-839-3939.
Determining the party liable for a building collapse is crucial to filing an effective claim as well as preventing future collapses. In order to accomplish this, it is important to hire an experienced attorney to investigate and establish responsibility for the defect that led to the collapse. Additionally, it is important to determine whether or not the responsible party should have reasonably foreseen and prevented the defect from ever happening. In New York State, any party that contributes to a building collapse can be held financially liable for resulting damages and injuries. If you were injured in a building collapse, you may be able to seek damages from the following parties:
- Architects and engineers: Even when a building is built to exact specifications, design flaws can cause structural failures. It is the job of architects and engineers to ensure the building design is structurally safe and sound. They are required to consider crucial details such as the anticipated dead and live loads, the height of the building and materials used.
- Material manufacturers and suppliers: Companies responsible for manufacturing, selling and even marketing substandard and defective materials can be liable for structure collapses.
- General and subcontractors: If any errors were made while constructing or renovating a building, contractors may be found liable. Contractors should never take shortcuts or deviate from the exact design specifications and are required to follow New York Building Codes.
- Building owners and managers: When preventable issues, such as leaking water or mold, are left unaddressed, building managers may be held accountable. Owners and managers are responsible for properly maintaining their buildings and repairing any problems that come along. If any tenants complain about unsafe conditions, building owners must act quickly. Additionally, it is their duty to inspect the premises and make sure there are no dangerous conditions.
- The demolition company: It is the responsibility of those overseeing a demolition to ensure that the building is torn down in a safe and controlled manner. If demolished incorrectly, or particular safety precautions are neglected, the building could crumble prematurely or even crash into another structure.
Depending on the cause of the building collapse, there is usually more than one liable party. When members of the Western New York Community suffer needless harm because of the improper maintenance or construction of buildings, the responsible parties should be held accountable. Our goal is to hold those responsible accountable and take care of your claim so that you can concentrate on healing.
Victims of building collapse accidents can pursue recovery for their damages, including past and future lost wages, past and future medical expenses, physical impairment, pain and suffering, disfigurement and mental anguish, through a personal injury lawsuit. Additionally, if you lost a close family member in a building collapse accident you may have the right to file a wrongful death claim.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A BUILDING COLLAPSE ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK BUILDING COLLAPSE ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 TODAY!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!