What Is A Food Recall In New York State?
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Personal Injury Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., one of the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys' 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firms, Fight to Obtain the Best Result for People Who Were Sickened by Recalled Food Products.
Food recalls sound worrisome, upsetting and may even be frightening. Some recalls are much more harmful than others. It is essential to know what causes food to be recalled and how you should react if you have food that was recalled.
A food recall is when a food producer or supplier voluntarily decides to remove a product from the market because it was mislabeled or there is reason to believe that the product may make consumers sick. Government agencies in charge of food safety may also request a food recall. This aids in keeping the public safe and preventing further foodborne illnesses and other related issues.
Food recalls can occur for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Finding a substantial allergen that is not listed on the product label;
- Misleading claims or wrong packaging;
- Finding dangerous foreign objects such as pieces of metal or broken glass in the food;
- Finding any parasites such as Trichinella spiralis or Cystic Echinococcus;
- Finding any bacteria such as Salmonella or E. coli; and
- Finding any viruses such as Hepatitis A or norovirus.
If you, or a loved one, became sick after eating a recalled food product, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of recalled food product illness lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today! You should not be forced to bear the costs associated with missing work, hospital bills, and other medical treatments due to another’s negligence or carelessness. We are disciplined, dedicated, and determined to get you the best possible result after your illness and any associated injuries that you suffered. Our team offers complimentary lawsuit consultations and would be honored to speak to you about your possible claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Real-time notifications of food recalls and warnings can be found on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Foodsafety.gov, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) websites. In case the product information of a specific recall notice corresponds with the details on a food product you have, it is important not to open or consume the product. Instead, you should either return the product for a full refund or dispose of the product following the directions given in the recall notification to ensure that nobody will consume it. Additionally, it is important to follow any other instructions or guidelines listed.
Food products that have been recalled because of possible illnesses or contamination can infect various surfaces, such as shelves and drawers in your refrigerator and countertops. Bacteria, parasites and other microorganisms can rapidly multiply when left alone. Therefore, even if you already cooked or prepared the recalled product, it is vital to throw it out and systematically clean your kitchen. We suggest performing the following tasks:
- Carefully use hot soapy water to wash all utensils and cookware;
- Clear off and wash refrigerator shelves and drawers and counters with hot soapy water;
- Thoroughly wipe all shelves, drawers and surfaces with a disinfectant;
- Cleanse cookware and dishes with a sanitizing solution, before allowing them to air dry; and
- Food products that were recalled because of an allergen may be hazardous to anyone in your family with allergies to that particular ingredient. If the product was never consumed, throw it out or return it. If the product was served, wash all surfaces, utensils and counters that the product might have touched.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, BECOME ILL AFTER EATING A RECALLED FOOD PRODUCT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF RECALLED FOOD PRODUCT ILLNESS ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Food recalls and safety alerts are issued quite often. It is not uncommon to see multiple recalls within a single day. Sometimes it may seem difficult to stay sufficiently informed and up-to-date about every known risk. Below is a list of some recent food recalls:
- Enoki mushrooms: On April 7, 2020, a recall was issued by H&C Food Inc. and Sun Hong Foods for enoki mushrooms after they caused a listeria outbreak, which resulted in 4 deaths and 30 hospitalizations.
- Red clover sprouts: Chicago Indoor Garden recalled all products containing the sprouts on March 16, 2020, because they are a known source of foodborne illness.
- Pepperoni Stuffed Pizza Sandwich: On January 29, 2020, Astrochef LLC recalled nearly 7,400 pounds of their sandwich products due to product mislabeling. The sandwich contains soy, an undeclared known allergen.
Every day Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of recalled food product illness lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims who became severely ill or suffered an allergic reaction after being exposed to food products that were eventually recalled. Jed Dietrich, Esq., who was named the American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year 2022, possess the skills and knowledge required to scientifically investigate your food recall-related injuries and ensure that you are in a position to receive the highest possible recovery for your injuries. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve injury and illness claims. Contact us today to find out how we can help you. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim throughout the United States. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!