Syracuse, New York, Elevator Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and Best Lawyer of America, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Unsurpassed Results for Victims Severely Injured in Elevator Accidents in Syracuse, New York.
Elevators are a very fast and trouble-free way to conveniently travel between floors. Most elevators are equipped with several safety mechanisms, such as electronic door sensors and speed-sensing governors, to ensure the safety of passengers. Nevertheless, when essential routine inspections, servicing, and maintenance are disregarded, catastrophic elevator accidents are inevitable. Each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), mishaps involving elevators and escalators take approximately 30 lives and severely injure about 17,000 victims throughout the United States.
We believe that all passengers should be able to ride elevators without suffering unnecessary injuries. If you, or a loved one, have suffered serious injuries or worse in an elevator accident, it is crucial to carefully consider all of your options. Your injuries could have a devastating impact on your future, and you do not want to let someone else’s negligence ruin your way of life. Victims should not be forced to bear the burden of paying astounding medical bills, missing numerous days from work, or any other unanticipated future impacts. Being a victim of an elevator accident is a distressing ordeal for many people. However, it does not have to be for you when you have the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced elevator accident injury attorneys fighting for you.
There is usually much more to an elevator accident than initially meets the eye. You should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. to learn more about your legal rights. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team has a long history of obtaining justice for victims of personal injury accidents. Honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to obtain the best result for your elevator accident and resulting injuries. Our prominent team offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.Common Types Of Elevator Accidents
Elevators are required to be installed, inspected, maintained, and repaired following the Elevator Safety Act and other industry standards. Faulty elevators pose a grave danger to all passengers. There are numerous ways that elevators can malfunction and cause accidents. The most common types of elevator accidents include:
- Door Strikes: When an elevator’s electronic door sensors are missing or faulty, the doors may fail to detect passengers. The doors can close on unsuspecting riders and cause devastating injuries, such as crushed limbs, amputations, and permanent disfigurement.
- Misleveling: Misleveling occurs when an elevator reaches a floor, but the car’s base does not align with the floor. Instead, the elevator doors open above or below the floor, forming a shelf. Passengers attempting to enter or exit the elevator can trip and fall. These types of accidents frequently result in broken hips and pelvises, fractured wrists and arms, and back injuries.
- Sudden Stops: Abrupt stops can forcefully propel riders into the walls or ceiling. Most unexpected stops are caused by faulty speed-sensing governors, failed counterweights, and switch detection issues. Abrupt stops can result in broken ankles, neck and back injuries, dislocations, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Shaft Plunges: When open elevator shafts are missing the necessary warning signs or protective covers, inattentive victims can inadvertently fall down the unsecured shaft. In some cases, malfunctioning doors can expose a shaft before the elevator reaches a floor. Depending on the floor that the victim falls from, he or she can suffer gruesome injuries, such as extensive brain damage, total paralysis, and even wrongful death.
A majority of elevator accidents are caused by substandard elevator components, inadequate or improper maintenance, and lack of proper safety precautions.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED OR WORSE IN AN ELEVATOR ACCIDENT IN SYRACUSE, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF SYRACUSE, NEW YORK ELEVATOR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
All passengers must enter, exit, and ride elevators in the safest possible manner. Below we have listed some helpful advice to significantly reduce your risk of injury. We urge you to follow the below elevator safety tips, which include:
- Never place your hands or limbs between closing elevator doors;
- Report any elevator problems to the responsible building manager;
- Avoid riding on overcrowded elevators;
- Never try to hold or pry elevator doors open;
- Take the stairs in case of a fire;
- Always watch your step when entering or exiting an elevator;
- Stand a safe distance away from the doors;
- In case of an emergency, push the emergency contact button to get help;
- Avoid running onto an elevator when the doors are closing; and
- Make certain that the elevator car is present before walking through the open doors.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims who have been injured in elevator accidents. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite team of attorneys today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!Compensation For Victims Of Elevator Accidents
Every elevator accident is unique, and compensation may vary depending on the severity and type of injuries suffered. Personal injury lawsuits were designed to compensate victims to make them whole again. This means that victims are entitled to full compensation for the full scope of their damages. Victims can pursue recovery for damages, which may include compensation for:
- All past and future medical expenses for accident-related injuries;
- All lost wages from missed work;
- Diminished future earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental);
- Permanent disfigurement and disabilities suffered;
- Loss of enjoyment in life;
- Loss of consortium; and
- Wrongful death.
When you call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team, we will explore all nuances relating to your case and methodically investigate your elevator mishap to ensure you will obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Syracuse, New York, and beyond. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an exceptional outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. We would be honored to speak with you about your case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you! Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Syracuse, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!