Rochester, New York, Side-Impact Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Highly Experienced Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Litigate Uncompromisingly to Demand the Finest Outcomes for Victims of Side-Impact Car Crashes in Rochester, New York, Throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
Did another driver T-bone or broadside your vehicle and leave you severely injured? That other driver’s negligence may have drastically altered your life forever. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), victims are more susceptible to suffering severe injuries to the spine, neck, and head in side-impact accidents. It is not uncommon for victims to suffer traumatic brain injury (TBI), amputation, whiplash, broken bones, total paralysis, damage to internal organs, and even death. You might not be able to work because of your injuries. Unfortunately, with no income coming in, the mere thought of paying for car repairs and hospital bills can be extremely stressful.
The consequences of permanent disfigurement and life-long disability can have an enduring impact on both your personal and professional life. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible motorist may be the only way to get back on your feet again. You owe it to yourself to hire a highly reputable personal injury lawyer to fight for the compensation that you deserve. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading team of Rochester, New York, side-impact accident attorneys would be honored to aggressively advocate for you all along the way. Our compassionate team is available to talk to you about your collision in a complimentary and no-obligation consultation. This is a valuable opportunity for you to learn more about your legal rights and ways that we can help you.
With over 23 years of solely litigating for victims of heartbreaking accidents, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a prominent New York Super Lawyer, has successfully negotiated and tried many side-impact accident claims. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned team of Rochester, New York lawyers have litigated over 100 lawsuits to judgment and exceeded $175,000,000 in compensation for our clients. The Dietrich Legal Team’s mission is to obtain the money that you deserve for all your economic and non-economic damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, reduced future earning capacity, life-long disability, physical therapy, loss of consortium, permanent disfigurement, pain and suffering, and much more. Our veteran lawyers are available every day of the week by dialing (585) 939-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form.Common Causes of Side-Impact Crashes
The three main types of side-impact accidents are T-bones, sideswipes, and angled crashes. Side impact collisions frequently arise in parking lots and at intersections, where vehicles are traveling perpendicular to one another. These types of broadside collisions typically result from drivers failing to yield the right-of-way and running stop signs or red lights. While in most cases, side impact accidents are caused by driver error, they can also be attributed to other factors, including:
- Braking failures and defects;
- Inclement weather conditions, especially wet and icy roads;
- Distracted driving, such as texting or updating social media;
- Driving while sleep-deprived or fatigued;
- Operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs, prescription medication, or alcohol;
- Speeding or driving too fast for traffic conditions;
- Disregarding traffic laws;
- Aggressive or reckless driving;
- Inadequate street lighting at night;
- Traffic light defects or missing signs;
- Improper U-turns; and
- Excessive sun glare.
DID YOU, OR A RELATIVE, SUFFER LIFE-THREATENING INJURIES IN A T-BONE
CAR CRASH CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE IN ROCHESTER,
MONROE COUNTY OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND SEASONED TEAM OF
ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, SIDE-IMPACT ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT
(585) 939-3939 TODAY TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Having another vehicle crash into the side of your car can have catastrophic consequences, especially at high speeds. According to statistics from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), second to only frontal accidents, side impact crashes accounted for 23 percent of all passenger vehicle fatalities. When one vehicle broadsides another, it often directly impacts the area where occupants are extremely vulnerable. Consequently, T-bones are generally the most severe of all side-impact accidents. Side-impact accidents are particularly harmful for several reasons, including:
- No Warning: In most other car accidents, such as head-on collisions, drivers usually have time to react. However, drivers and their passengers are often struck from the side without warning. This provides victims with no ability to minimize the damage.
- Lack of Protection: Victims of side-impact collisions are highly susceptible to devastating injuries because their vehicles simply do not provide adequate protection. Most older cars lack side-impact protection systems and crumple zones. As a result, the only thing separating occupants and the oncoming vehicle is a thin door. A strong enough impact could completely crumple the side barrier and hit the victim.
- Insufficient Safety Technology: While most recent deployments of safety equipment are aimed at protecting occupants of frontal impact accidents, few provide comparable protection for side-impact crashes. Research has found that the fronts of most passenger vehicles can endure at least 5 times more force than the sides.
- Seatbelts are Less Effective: Studies even uncovered that seatbelts are generally much less advantageous in side-impact accidents because they fail to protect against injuries resulting from the body smashing against the vehicle’s interior. Thus, victims often suffer brutal jolts to their heads and necks.
- Rollovers: Due to the nature of the crash, T-Bones are more likely to lead to rollovers and occupant ejections.
After a 37-year-old man’s vehicle was struck on the passenger side, he sustained disc herniation which required back surgery. Jed Dietrich, Esq. took his case through 6 days of trial before obtaining a $2,200,000 settlement for the victim. It is hardly surprising to hear clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. proclaim that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best and brightest personal injury attorney throughout Monroe County. The Dietrich Law Firm’s team of battle-tested Rochester, New York, side-impact accident attorneys refuse to let another driver’s negligence destroy your way of life. Please contact us for your free, no-obligation case assessment. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available twenty-four-seven by calling (585) 939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!