Rochester, New York, Car Accidents Caused By Drunk Driving
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Documented as a New York Super Lawyer and America Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Extraordinary Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Aggressively Fight to Demand the Maximum Damages for Victims of Car Crashes Caused by Drunk Drivers in Rochester, New York.
Drinking and driving accidents have consistently remained one of the biggest safety problems plaguing roadways throughout the United States. Even a few drinks can lead to otherwise avoidable collisions. Alcohol contributes substantially to car crashes because it impairs a driver’s ability to perform crucial functions behind the wheel. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 29 victims are tragically killed in car accidents involving alcohol every day. With one drunk driving fatality every 50 minutes, tens of thousands of innocent lives have been lost and families destroyed because of irresponsible drunk drivers.
When individuals under the influence of alcohol choose to get behind the wheel, they place everyone around them in grave danger. An individual’s intoxication level intensifies the more alcohol he or she drinks. That is why, under New York law, it is illegal to operate any motor vehicle with a legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 or higher. Even at relatively low speeds, an impaired motorist who collides into another vehicle can cause more severe injuries than if his or her reaction time and reflexes had not been reduced. If a drunk driver injured you, or a family member, in a Rochester, New York collision, you are probably considering your options for obtaining crucial monetary compensation for all of your injuries and other damages. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his battle-tested team of attorneys, have witnessed the damaging consequences that the egregious injuries suffered by victims of drunk drivers can have on them and their relatives. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran lawyers have the litigation experience and expertise necessary to ensure that you are fully compensated, and justice is administered. Following your crash, it is vital to focus on restoring your health and mending your wounds; our compassionate team is here to facilitate everything else.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., an esteemed member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, sympathizes with the pain, misery, and heartache you may be suffering. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned drunk driving accident attorneys have battled to attain more than $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Please see our Google 5 Star rating and clients’ testimonials by clicking this link. Our elite team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by dialing (585) 939-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, persistent, and painstaking lawyers who are ready to take the necessary legal action to guarantee the representation that you deserve!Types of Accidents Caused By Drunk Drivers
Consuming even small quantities of alcohol can negatively affect a driver’s overall alertness, ability to react, perception, vision, and hand-eye coordination. There is also a higher probability that an intoxicated motorist will partake in dangerous behaviors and poor decision-making such as speeding, aggressive driving, swerving, and erratically changing lanes. Consequently, a drunk driver’s terrible judgment can place the lives of all others on the road at risk. Some common types of alcohol-related collisions include:
- Rear-End Accidents: The combination of slower reaction times and the ability to effectively judge distances can make it challenging for an intoxicated driver to react quickly enough when a vehicle ahead is slowing down or stopping.
- Head-On Collisions: Alcohol diminishes a drinker’s comprehension of traffic signs and signals, as well as his or her understanding of other drivers’ actions, making head-on crashes highly likely. Additionally, intoxicated motorists can easily become sleepy and doze off behind the wheel, causing them to swerve into oncoming vehicles.
- T-Bones: This type of accident most commonly takes place at intersections. If a drunk motorist runs a red light, he or she could easily smash into the side of another vehicle.
- Failing to Yield the Right-of-Way Crashes: Drunk drivers tend to disregard right-of-way rules, especially by turning in front of other vehicles and running yield signs.
- Sideswipes: Inebriated drivers often have trouble staying in their respective lanes. When a driver swerves or weaves in and out of their lane, they can easily sideswipe other unsuspecting motorists.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A CAR CRASH INVOLVING AN INTOXICATED MOTORIST IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY PRACTICED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
In a recent year alone, more than 10,500 victims lost their lives in drunk-driving crashes, accounting for one-third of all traffic-related fatalities throughout the country. All drivers must understand the threats they face while on the road with drunk drivers. Most likely, you have passed a motorist under the influence countless times without even realizing it. With over 1 million drivers arrested for driving impaired annually, it is only a matter of time before someone puts your life in jeopardy. You must always be on the defensive to safeguard yourself against drunk drivers. Below are some suggestions to help protect yourself and your family:
- Always buckle your seatbelt;
- Volunteer to be a designated driver;
- Recognize indications of drunk drivers;
- Report suspected drunk drivers;
- Make an effort to avoid driving late at night;
- Proceed with extra caution at intersections;
- Try to maintain a sizeable following distance; and
- Remember, holidays are particularly hazardous for drunk driving accidents.
No one should have to suffer the bodily, emotional, and psychological devastation of another’s choice to drink and drive. You owe it to yourself to confer with a very competent personal injury lawyer. Jed Dietrich, Esq., commended as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his veteran, drunk driving accident attorneys, are devoted to delivering the highest level of personal injury service victims in Rochester, New York, each day. Retaining the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s top rated legal assistance can meaningfully improve your chances of recovering reasonable monetary compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite lawyers would be honored to discuss your potential drunk driving claim in more detail. Our exceptional team is available twenty-four-seven, at (585) 939-3939, or by completing the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!