Rochester Car Accidents Caused By Distracted Driving
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Renowned as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney and the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and His Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Litigate to Demand the Finest Outcomes for Victims of Distracted Driving Crashes in Rochester, New York, Throughout New York State, and Beyond.
Distracted driving refers to the operation of a vehicle while performing other activities that take your attention away from driving. When motorists look at something other than the road, remove their hands from the steering wheel, daydream, or even ponder something, they can be distracted. Our vehicles have gradually transformed into our command centers where drivers listen to podcasts, make endless phone calls, post on social media, eat, or apply makeup. All of these activities can make it incredibly difficult to concentrate on the road. As a result, distracted drivers are found just about everywhere.
Unfortunately, driving while distracted substantially increases your risk of being involved in a collision. Consequently, far too many victims are seriously injured or worse in accidents caused by distracted motorists. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), roughly 8 victims suffer fatalities in car accidents concerning distracted drivers every day. It is hardly surprising that the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee categorized distracted driving as a chief contributing factor in all New York State car accidents. A quick text removes a driver’s attention from the road for an average of 5 seconds. When moving at 55 miles per hour, 5 seconds is long enough to travel 100 yards or the length of a football field. Please never forget that no text, call, or post is worth suffering a potentially fatal car accident.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s top rated team would like you to know that we are here for you every step of the way. Our compassionate team will continuously monitor your medical treatments, health, and the effects that the crash has on your life to build the strongest possible case. With over 20 years of practicing exclusively personal injury law, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a prominent American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorney, has extensive experience litigating distracted driver accident cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his extraordinary team of litigators in Rochester, New York, have tried over 100 cases, surpassing $175,000,000.00 in settlements and verdicts. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., documented as a Best Law Firm of America, is available every day of the week by calling (585) 939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.Why is Distracted Driving so Dangerous?
While distracted driving is all too common and may not seem that dangerous, taking your eyes off the road is a bigger threat than most people would think. Distractions frequently lead to fatal T-bone crashes, head-on collisions, multi-car pile-ups, single-vehicle accidents, and rear-enders. You should never give in to anything that disrupts your awareness. Lack of focus behind the wheel endangers not only yourself and the occupants inside your vehicle but also other motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists. A driver’s total concentration is required to reach his or her destination unharmed. When drivers take their attention off the road, even for an instant, the consequences can be shocking. Texting behind the wheel is 6 times more fatal than driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Losing focus commonly causes motorists to perform hazardous actions, including:
- Swerving into approaching traffic;
- Crashing into stopped vehicles;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to other vehicles;
- Ignoring emergency vehicles and first responders;
- Disregarding pedestrians and cyclists;
- Drifting into other traffic lanes;
- Reacting to hazardous situations slower;
- Spinning out or losing control, especially during bad weather conditions; and
- Stopping abruptly or for no reason.
DID YOU, OR A RELATIVE, GET SEVERELY INJURED IN A DISTRACTED DRIVING COLLISION IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND VETERAN TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK DISTRACTED DRIVING INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Approximately 2,800 victims are killed and 400,000 injured in collisions involving distractions while driving each year. Sadly, nearly all of these accidents could have easily been prevented. Almost every motorist is guilty of some degree of distracted driving. Most distractions behind the wheel are avoidable and can be minimized by minor behavioral changes. Below are some suggestions to help keep you and your passengers safe:
- Limit Cell Phone Usage to Emergency Situations: Your smartphone should only be used for emergency purposes whenever you are behind the wheel. Even using a hands-free device can cause drivers to disregard critical audio and visual indications necessary to evade crashing. Therefore, cell phone conversations should never be conducted while driving. In the case of an emergency, you should pull over before making a call.
- Avoid Consuming Food and Beverages: While finishing breakfast on your way to school or work may seem like a huge timesaver, it can take your attention away from others on the road. Spilling food or drinks can also be a distraction.
- Perform Your Multitasking Outside the Car: Your long commute to work may seem like the perfect opportunity to accomplish secondary tasks, such as reading emails, searching for music, or putting on makeup. Resist the urge by getting everything settled before you start driving. That way, you can concentrate on the road.
- Preplan Your Drive: Planning your route is an excellent way to promote easier driving. Mapping it out will help you be prepared for every turn instead of feverishly choosing your next turn. This will also help you avoid focusing too much on your GPS.
- Occupy Your Children: While teenagers typically are not much of a problem, driving with young children in the car can be a huge distraction. Kids can be extremely noisy and animated, especially when they are bored or need attention. Ensure that your kids have something to keep them occupied so they do not steal your focus.
Abiding by the above tips can noticeably lessen your risk of distracted driving. By eliminating unnecessary distractions, you can devote more attention to your surroundings and arrive at your destination in one piece. While the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys trust that our advice will assist you in staying safe, it is impossible to foresee others’ actions. Even if you are cautious, there is still no guarantee that you will not get hurt by a distracted driver.
The Dietrich Law Firm’s team of battle-tested team of Rochester, New York, distracted driving car accident lawyers will never allow someone else’s inattention or absentmindedness to ruin your life. Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s top priority is to ensure that you get the monetary compensation that you deserve for all your economic and non-economic damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, loss of consortium, permanent disfigurement, pain and suffering, permanent disability, physical therapy, and much more. Over and over again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have acknowledged that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the finest personal injury lawyer in New York State. Please contact us for your complimentary and confidential case evaluation. We are available twenty-four-seven by calling (585) 939-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!