Rochester Burn Injury
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Applauded as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year and Best of The Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and His Team of Seasoned Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Renowned as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Battle to Obtain the Best Outcome for Burn Injury Victims in Rochester, New York.
At one time or another, almost everyone has endured a minor burn injury or worse. You might have burned your tongue while sipping on hot coffee or touched a hot stove. Burn injuries are classified as first, second, third, or fourth-degree depending on their severity and how deeply they penetrate. First-degree burns, which cause symptoms including irritation and redness, are the mildest and most common. On the contrary, fourth-degree burns can scorch through your skin and severely damage muscle fibers and bones. These burns are the most severe and often fatal. When victims are fortunate enough to survive, they need numerous skin grafts and other surgeries as well as extensive rehabilitation just to live a normal life. The appropriate treatment and rehabilitation for grave burns often cost several hundred thousand dollars or more. Even with the best health insurance, treatment costs for third and fourth-degree burns can be unaffordable for middle-class families, especially if long-term care is needed.
Each year, 1.1 million burn victims require medical care throughout the country. Roughly 50,000 of these cases involve hospitalization, and about 20,000 victims suffer extensive burns damaging at least 25% of their body surfaces. Higher degree burn injuries can be extremely devastating physically, emotionally, and psychologically. Burn casualties might suffer damage to blood vessels, nerves, and muscles surrounding the wound. Despite all of the advances in modern medicine, severe burn victims often live with acute scarring and permanent disfigurement. Unfortunately, even many years after a burn injury heals, the remaining damage can have dire consequences on a victim’s self-esteem and overall quality of life. Additionally, the burn source could trigger other injuries, such as exacerbation of asthma, heart failure, reduced lung function, and eye damage.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team realizes that each burn injury is unique and will manage your case with the thoughtfulness and consideration that you deserve. We will handle the entire litigation process every step of the way and take into account all of your concerns, like obtaining specialized pain management and paying for necessary medical treatments, so that you stress less and focus on getting better. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an Elite Lawyer of America, has dedicated his career to helping burn injury victims in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully litigated and obtained more than $175 million in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Our honorable devotion to exceeding your expectations and delivering superb results is what makes us better than the competition. There is never a fee to have your case evaluated and questions answered by our battle-tested lawyers. All consultations are confidential and free. Our veteran team is available day and night, 365 days a year, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you! Call us today at 585-939-3939 or complete our online consultation form.Most Common Types Of Burn Injuries
The most common causes of burns are building fires, explosions, scalds from steam and hot liquids, gasses, and flammable liquids. Burn injuries result when cells undergo molecular reactions that damage the victim’s skin and underlying bodily tissues. The severity of the burn depends on the type, size, and affected area. Burn damage can occur in various ways, including:
- Electrical Burns: Touching an electrical current or another form of electricity can scorch your flesh and result in an electrical burn.
- Chemical Reactions: Victims most frequently suffer chemical burns at work. Caustic chemicals, like solvents, alkalis, and acids, are all notorious for reacting strongly and damaging skin cells. The most dangerous chemicals include pesticides, drain cleaners, industrial bleaches, lye, and alkaline.
- Thermal Burns: These types of burns are frequently caused by steam, liquids, hot objects, and fire. When you come in contact with a hot solid, liquid, or gas, the heat is capable of shattering cell walls.
- Radiation: When the body is exposed to high doses of energetic rays over an extended period, victims can suffer molecular damage. Sunburn is the most common radiation burn, which is caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. X-rays, chemotherapy, and materials used in power generation may also leave individuals susceptible to radiation burns.
- Combustion: When fuel ignites in the presence of heat and oxygen, fires can erupt. Flames will continue to burn as long as they are consuming fuel and oxygen. Victims of combustion burns often suffer charred skin and severe infections. Amputations may be required if the damage is beyond restoration.
DID YOU, OR A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY, SUFFER SEVERE BURN INJURIES IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK BURN ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Every burn injury case is unique and must be assessed on its own merits. Personal injury claims are intended to make victims whole again, meaning that they are entitled to full compensation for the total extent of their damages. Consequently, compensation depends significantly on the degree, location, severity, and size of your burn, as well as the essential medical treatments, encountered infections, permanent scarring, and amputation. Surgeries, such as skin grafts, debridement, and reconstructive operations, are often extremely painful, intrusive, and pricey. A victim recovering from third-degree burns on his face will almost certainly obtain more compensation than someone who has suffered from a first-degree hand burn.
Depending on the specific circumstances surrounding your accident, any person or entity whose negligence or carelessness contributed to your burn injuries, like another driver in a car crash, a landlord in an apartment building fire, or your child’s daycare for failing to properly supervise, could all be held liable through a personal injury lawsuit. Furthermore, based on the theory of product liability, manufacturers of defective products, such as air fryers, extension cords, and toasters, can also be sued for damages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested will aggressively litigate to obtain the maximum possible compensation from all responsible parties, which may include:
- All present and future treatment costs resulting from your burn;
- Expenses associated with rehabilitation and long-term care;
- All lost wages from missing work;
- Reduced future ability to earn money;
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental) caused by your burn injury;
- Compensation for permanent scarring and disfigurement;
- Permanent disabilities suffered;
- Loss of consortium;
- Loss of enjoyment in life; and
- All other unanticipated damages.
Victims should never be forced to pursue their burn injury claims without the help of a highly-qualified personal injury attorney. Jed Dietrich, Esq., an eminent member of the Premier Lawyers of America, and his veteran attorneys possess the expertise and skills needed to win your case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys promise to do everything possible to get you reasonable compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Rochester, New York burn injury attorneys are available to answer all of your inquiries at 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. provides all legal services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will never pay anything unless our elite litigators win your case.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!