Niagara Falls, New York, Bicycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Celebrated as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Clever, Enthusiastic, and Strongminded Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Aggressively Litigate to Obtain Unbeatable Results for Victims Gravely Injured in Cycling Accidents in Niagara Falls, New York, Throughout Niagara County, and Beyond.
Whether you ride for fun, exercise, or just to avoid traffic, cycling is a great way to travel from place to place. This is especially true in cities like Niagara Falls, New York, which has various mixed-use cycling routes as well as dedicated bike paths. While the City of Niagara Falls has been developing strategies to make the community safe and more bike-friendly, cyclists still face their share of risks. Unfortunately, when severe bike accidents occur, they can result in serious injuries and even death. Head injuries, such as blunt-force head trauma, tend to be some of the most detrimental wounds suffered. Other injuries victims of bike accidents encounter typically include road rash, soft tissue damage, splenic rupture, rib fractures, and broken bones.
Suppose that you, or a loved one, have been severely injured in a bike accident. In that case, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s caring team urges you to seek immediate medical treatment. Some injuries may not always be immediately apparent, especially damage to internal organs like the brain. Once your condition is stable, the Dietrich Legal Team’s highly experienced lawyers can help you determine the best course of legal action. Jed Dietrich, Esq., much-admired as a Best Lawyer of America, has a long-standing reputation of winning both in and outside of the courtroom. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has already successfully litigated thousands of serious personal injury claims to obtain over $175 million in judgments and settlements for victims who were injured in Niagara Falls, New York, throughout Niagara County, and beyond.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is the litigation powerhouse that you want on your side. Our battle-tested attorneys will go toe-to-toe with big insurance companies and fight your case until the end. Pursuing a lawsuit against the party responsible for your accident may be the only way to bounce back. A large compensation package can help ease your financial burdens and provide you with peace of mind. For your no-obligation, complimentary case evaluation, call Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys at 716-839-3939 or complete this online consultation form.Common Types Of Cycling Accidents
Regardless of a cyclist’s caution and skillfulness, he or she is still extremely vulnerable to negligent motorists due to the lack of protection. Driver inattention and carelessness are primary factors in far too many bicycle accidents. When motorists drive distracted or fail to give bicyclists the appropriate consideration, cyclists can end up suffering devastating consequences. Some of the most prevalent types of bike accidents include:
- Sideswipes: These accidents occur when a vehicle collides with the bicyclist’s side. Sideswipes usually happen when a motorist gets too close to the bike, or the driver swerves to avoid an obstruction.
- Dooring: Doorings can happen when a cyclist is riding along parked cars to their right side and an occupant suddenly opens one of the doors. With little time to react, bicyclers often end up smashing into the door. Even if the cyclist can engage their brakes on time, they could end up being violently launched over the handlebars onto the pavement.
- Left Cross Collisions: This type of accident takes place when a bicyclist is riding with the flow of traffic, and an oncoming vehicle turns left in front of them. Left cross accidents are especially common at intersections.
- Right Hook Crashes: A right hook accident happens when a cyclist is traveling on the right side of the road, and a motorist turns right in front of the cyclist.
- Rear-End Collisions: Rear-enders typically happen when a cyclist who is riding on the right-side swerves left to avoid a hazard, and a car hits them from behind. These accidents also commonly result when a driver hits the bicycler while trying to overtake them.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER ACUTE INJURIES IN A BICYCLE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN NIAGARA FALLS, THROUGHOUT NIAGARA COUNTY, OR ANY OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK, BIKE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
According to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), each year, accidents cause roughly 850 cyclist fatalities. Many bicycle collisions could easily be avoided if motorists and cyclists simply obeyed the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Laws, eliminated all distractions, and yielded the right-of-way when required. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recommends cyclists increase their safety by:
- Always wearing helmets and protective clothing;
- Obeying all traffic-related rules whenever bicycling on public roadways;
- Riding a bicycle that is a proper fit for your height and weight;
- Cycling during the hours of daylight;
- Never consuming drugs or alcohol while bicycling;
- Cycling with the flow of traffic;
- Keeping your bike in good working condition with regular inspections and maintenance;
- Using reflectors and wear brightly colored clothing, especially when riding at night;
- Trying to remain visible and avoid riding in motorist’s blind spots;
- Staying vigilant around all nearby vehicles, including parked cars;
- Avoiding riding recklessly or at excessive speeds; and
- Trying to avoid hazards, such as loose gravel, debris, and poorly maintained roads.
Taking the above precautions can certainly help lower your risk of being involved in a bike-related accident and minimize the severity of your injuries in the event of a collision. Unfortunately, you can never predict when a motorist’s negligence will result in an accident. If you have suffered injuries in a bicycle crash, please do not hesitate to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested lawyers. Our elite Niagara Falls, New York, team refuses to allow the imprudent decisions of negligent drivers to destroy your way of life. Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has both the reputation and extensive track record of results to secure the compensation you deserve. Insurance companies and other negligent parties have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. no less than $1,000,000.00 at least 44 times to settle his client’s lawsuits. Kindly contact our seasoned attorneys now at 716-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Niagara Falls, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!