Rochester, New York, Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Biking is an eco-friendly and efficient way to get around, whether you ride a bike to avoid traffic congestion or just for fun. Unfortunately, as with other means of transportation, dreadful bike accidents can occur for various reasons. Motorists may be careless and fail to respect cyclists’ riding spaces. When crashes transpire between cars and bicycles, cyclists are most likely to get hurt. Needless to say, bikes lack windshields, seatbelts, bumpers, and doors to protect riders. Even at low speeds, the minimal protection can leave cyclists extremely vulnerable to suffering life-shattering injuries or even fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year alone, 467,000 cyclists suffered injuries, and 846 were killed in collisions. Falls were the most common mishaps, while crashes were the deadliest. Teenagers and children between the ages of 5 and 19 have the highest prevalence of nonfatal bike accidents, accounting for over one-third of all emergency room bike-related visits.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. promises to aggressively pursue justice and hold those responsible accountable. After suffering injuries in a bike accident, your highest priority should be restoring your health, and our elite team is here to help with everything else. We understand the stress that you may be enduring as you struggle to get your life back to normal. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading team of Rochester, New York bike accident attorneys have decades of experience representing injured cyclists. Our veteran attorneys have litigated countless cases involving negligent motorists and their insurance companies.
For more than 20 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has exclusively litigated personal injury cases and obtained over $175 million in judgments and settlements for victims who were hurt in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Our seasoned team provides confidential case assessments and consultations. We would be honored to discuss your bicycle accident claim in further detail. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 585-939-3939, or by completing our online consultation form. The significance of hiring a highly experienced personal injury lawyer to pursue your claim cannot be overstressed. Please contact us at your earliest possible opportunity.Cyclists Are Extremely Susceptible to Devastating Injuries
Injuries sustained resulting from bicycle accidents fluctuate in gravity from minor cuts to total paralysis and even loss of life. While less trivial injuries can generally heal with only modest treatment, more acute injuries often leave cyclists in need of vital surgeries and intensive medical care. The most common injuries suffered in bike accidents consist of the following:
- Road rash and painful friction burns;
- Grazes and deep lacerations;
- Sprains and dislocations;
- Fractured and broken bones;
- Damaged soft tissues in the neck;
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Amputation of fingers;
- Organ damage or hemorrhaging;
- Severe concussions, blunt-force head trauma, and traumatic brain injury;
- Severe disfigurement; and
- Emotional trauma.
Studies found that as many as 47% of cyclists who suffered damage also experienced some type of head trauma. In fact, head injuries resulting from impacts with vehicles caused approximately 60% of all bike-related fatalities. Certainly, wearing a helmet while biking is the most effective way to reduce your risk of suffering neck and head injuries.
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A BICYCLE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE OR RECKLESSNESS IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK BIKE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE SUPPORT THAT YOU NEED!
While most bicycle accident cases involve carelessness or lack of judgment, proving negligence can present a unique set of challenges. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our seasoned attorneys are diligent about meticulously investigating our clients’ claims. Many different types of negligence can lead to bike crashes, some of our cases have involved:
- Distractions Behind the Wheel: Over 3,140 victims suffered fatal injuries in distracted driving accidents during a recent year alone. Anything that removes a motorist’s absolute attention from the road greatly amplifies the risk of crashing into nearby bikers.
- Aggressive Driving: It is no secret that motorists are often in a rush. Cars move substantially faster than bicycles, and impatient drivers can become extremely aggressive. Some drivers may tailgate cyclists in an attempt to force them to speed up or move over. In extreme cases, drivers overcome by road rage may even try to intimidate or injure bicyclists on purpose.
- Sideswipes: A driver may miscalculate the space between their car and that of a bicyclist when passing. This could cause the motorist to drive closer to the sideline or swerve to avoid something and sideswipe the bicyclist.
- Absentmindedly Opening Car Doors: Occupants of vehicles frequently neglect to check the mirrors before opening their doors. While open door accidents rarely involve moving vehicles, bicyclists can still suffer severe injuries. Hitting a stationary car door at high speed could cause the victim to be thrown from his or her bike into oncoming traffic or other objects on the road.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Rochester, New York bicycle accident attorneys litigate all types of bicycle-related cases. Our highly qualified attorneys have worked with clients who have been injured in crashes with cars, dooring accidents, bike accidents with city buses, and other mishaps involving defective roads. Regardless of what caused your accident, we will work with our world-renowned experts to gather, analyze, and present evidence in the light most advantageous to your claim. With vast resources at our disposal, our battle-tested lawyers have a strong reputation for building solid cases against negligent motorists and demanding the compensation that our clients deserve. Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to delivering superb personal injury services. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his veteran team of bicycle crash attorneys now at 585-939-3939 so that we can help you! Through his hard work and dedication, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has been able to secure multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for many of his clients. Past results are a good indication of an attorney’s ability to pursue the maximum compensation, so what are you waiting for?
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!