New York Pedestrian Accident FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and His Team of Elite Buffalo Car Accident Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Your Buffalo, New York Pedestrian Accident Case.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), nearly six thousand pedestrians were struck and killed in traffic accidents in the United States in one recent year. Approximately 137,000 more people received treatment for pedestrian accidents that year. The aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be confusing and stressful for you and your family. If you are unsure how to move forward to get the compensation you deserve, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is here to answer your questions.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in a pedestrian accident, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of Buffalo, New York pedestrian accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have extensive experience in personal injury cases. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (716) 839-3939 or by going online.Pedestrian Accident Frequently Asked Questions
- Does New York Law protect pedestrians? Per New York State Law, pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks. If a crosswalk has a crossing signal, a pedestrian should not cross when the light says not to walk. However, in crosswalks without signals, traffic should always yield to pedestrians who are within a crosswalk.
- Can I file a wrongful death lawsuit if my family member was killed in a pedestrian accident? If your family member was killed in a pedestrian accident, you typically could file a wrongful death lawsuit. In fact, because of New York State’s Comparative Negligence Law, a family member can file a wrongful death lawsuit even if the accident was partially the pedestrian’s fault. It is always best to consult a personal injury attorney to decide the best course of action for your family’s case.
- What consideration do drivers owe pedestrians under New York State Law? Both drivers and pedestrians have a duty to look out for each other and be aware of each other on the road. Drivers have a duty to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians when it is required, including when pedestrians have WALK signals at crosswalks or if they are within the confines of a crosswalk with no signals. Drivers must adhere to posted speed limits and refrain from taking unsafe actions such as texting and driving or driving while intoxicated.
- How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit? It is advisable that you begin the process of filing a personal injury lawsuit as soon as possible.
- Can I recover compensation to pay for future surgeries? While you can receive compensation for future expenses, you should not resolve your case until you and your legal team have a reasonable estimation of what your injuries will cost you. Your personal injury lawyer will have the best advice about calculating an estimate for future medical expenses.
- If I was partially at fault, can I still pursue a claim for my injuries? Under New York State’s Comparative Negligence Law, you can still seek compensation for your accident, even if you were partially responsible. Under this law, your compensation will be reduced proportionally based on the percentage of your responsibility for your accident.
- What if I was hit by a bicyclist? Cyclists are expected to exercise caution and take reasonable measures to avoid injuring pedestrians and fellow cyclists. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. would be happy to provide you with a FREE consultation on your case and help you determine the appropriate next steps.
- What if my child was injured in a pedestrian accident? A minor cannot file a lawsuit on their own, but a parent can file a lawsuit on behalf of their child. If your child was injured in a pedestrian accident, you could take legal action for them. Contact an elite personal injury lawyer, like those available at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., for guidance on moving forward.
- What if I cannot afford to hire an attorney to represent me? At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., there is never a fee until we win for you. Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your Buffalo, New York pedestrian accident case. You deserve to be compensated for your accident, and we will fight diligently to get you what you are owed. Call us today at (716) 839-3939 or visit us online for more information.
- Why should I contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for my pedestrian accident case? Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyers have a track record of success. Jed Dietrich, Esq. works exclusively with personal injury cases and has extensive trial experience, making his team the best fit for your personal injury case.
If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious personal injury or death in a pedestrian accident in Buffalo, New York, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help. Our team of Buffalo, New York pedestrian accident lawyers will fight diligently and tenaciously to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve. It is important that you act quickly. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (716) 839-3939, and let us begin the fight for you today! Do not wait.
HAVE YOU SUFFERED AN INJURY IN A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!