Improper Highway Merge Buffalo Car Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Celebrated as a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Premier Lawyers of America, and His Persuasive Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Successfully Litigate Cases to Obtain the Maximum Damages for Victims of Improper Highway Merging Car Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Merging occurs when one lane is approaching its end, and a vehicle has to enter another lane to continue ahead. While merging may seem like a simple maneuver, not all drivers are considerate or attentive enough to change lanes safely. Improper merging highway collisions are more common than most people think. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, each year, there are approximately 539,000 accidents caused by improper lane changes, such as merges. When considering only a small percentage of driving involves merging, the number of crashes is extremely high.
In case of an accident, merging drivers are usually at fault because other vehicles have the right of way. Merging drivers are expected to yield the right of way. However, the driver in the other lane can also be found negligent if they do something to contribute to the accident. Merging cautiously is a crucial element of safe highway driving. It is imperative for drivers merging onto highways to exercise reasonable caution and be mindful of their surroundings. When motorists disregard approaching vehicles or road conditions that may impair their ability to merge safely, they can cause accidents that result in tragic injuries or worse, especially when considering the high speeds involved.
If you, or someone you love, have been seriously injured in a car crash because of another’s merging error, you may be entitled to pursue monetary compensation for all injuries suffered. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our talented team understands just how difficult it can be for victims to recover everything they have lost. Victims may be forced to struggle with agonizing and incapacitating injuries while struggling to pay their hospital bills. You can rest assured that our battle-tested attorneys work tirelessly in negotiating settlements and persuading juries in the courtroom. Hiring the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys to pursue your lawsuit may be one of the best things you ever do.
It is important to retain a highly experienced attorney to help clarify all of your legal rights and options. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has assisted thousands of clients, and their loved ones recover after catastrophic accidents. Our seasoned team has perfected the skills and expertise essential for investigating your case and getting the maximum recovery for all your damages. For over 20 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has zealously litigated serious personal injury lawsuits and fought to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for accident victims in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best team is pleased to offer you a complimentary, no-obligation lawsuit assessment and consultation. Our sympathetic lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (716) 839-3939, or by filling out an online consultation form. We would be honored to discuss your improper highway merging accident.Causes of Highway Merging Crashes
Motorists merging onto busy highways must proceed with caution while being aware of any hazardous conditions. Accidents caused by improper merging often involve various factors. It is impossible to list all of the ways merging motorists can be at fault. Nevertheless, there are several types of merging collisions that frequently occur. The most common ways merging drivers cause accidents include:
- Merging onto a highway too fast or slow;
- Failing to merge before the lane ends;
- Not checking for vehicles in other lanes before merging;
- Cutting off other cars while merging;
- Failing to use a turn signal while changing lanes;
- Hesitating when in the process of merging;
- Crossing over multiple lanes of traffic while merging;
- Misjudging the amount of space between any cars in the nearest lane;
- Distracted driving; and
- Attempting to merge during low visibility conditions.
Non-merging drivers are obligated to recognize that the adjacent lane is coming to an end and anticipate that cars from that lane will be merging. When the non-merging car purposefully speeds up or tailgates a merging vehicle, he or she may be deemed comparatively negligent if an accident occurs.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S IMPROPER MERGING ONTO A BUFFALO, NEW YORK HIGHWAY?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK IMPROPER HIGHWAY MERGING CRASH LAWYERS AT (716)-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE ASSISTANCE THAT YOU NEED!
Improper merging can result in disastrous accidents with surrounding vehicles. The most devastating merging-related accidents include:
- Blind Spot Accidents: Ensuring there is sufficient space to move into an adjacent lane is one of the most vital aspects of merging. When a driver fails to carefully check his or her blind spots, they could hit another vehicle.
- Side-Swiping: When the merging driver fails to notice other vehicles, after already starting to merge, they may overcorrect to try and avoid an accident. Regretfully, overcorrections can cause even more damage, such as the driver side-swiping another vehicle and potentially spinning out of control.
- Front and Rear-End Accidents: When a motorist miscalculates the speed or the amount of space between the traffic he or she is joining, they could crash straight into another vehicle’s rear-end or vice versa.
- Catastrophes Involving Tractor Trailers: When merging in front of large trucks without necessary caution, truckers may panic and slam on their brakes to avoid smashing into the other vehicle. Since commercial trucks often weigh up to 80,000 pounds, they can take over 500 feet to stop. When a truck is unable to stop in time, it could end up rolling over, completely losing control, or jackknifing.
When you call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our battle-tested lawyers will explore all of the nuances surrounding your accident to guarantee that you are fairly compensated for all of your injuries, including past and future medical expenses, lost pay from missed work, diminished future earning potential, any permanent disabilities, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and property damage. Our top rated attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., differentiated by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, know just how to litigate your improper highway merging case. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and his elite team of car crash injury lawyers today at (716) 839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!