Buffalo Car Accidents Caused by Driving on the Shoulder of the Road
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and His Veteran Team of Highly Experienced Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Highly-Praised with a Google Five Star Rating, Forcefully Litigate Cases to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Car Crashes Caused by Driving on the Shoulder in Buffalo, New York, and Beyond.
How many times have you been stuck in traffic only to see an irresponsible motorist driving on the shoulder to get ahead of other vehicles? Regrettably, there has been a dramatic surge of motorists who feel entitled to drive as they see fit. These careless drivers give little thought to what could happen to themselves or others. The shoulder of the road can be a treacherous space, which is why it should only be used in case of an emergency. Driving on the shoulder places drivers and their passengers in unnecessary danger as well as every passing vehicle, bicyclist, and pedestrian.
Most car crashes are unanticipated and take place with little to no warning. Each year, over 38,000 victims suffer fatalities on roadways throughout the country because of negligence and blatant disregard for traffic laws. If you were injured by a vehicle driving on the shoulder, it is crucial to discuss the circumstances that lead to your accident with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. Getting into any kind of accident can be an overwhelming ordeal, especially if you are severely injured. Collisions have the potential to cause disastrous consequences, such as traumatic brain injuries, life-long disabilities, complete paralysis, and even fatalities. The after-effects on victims and their loved ones can be so disheartening that it may be difficult to decide what to do next. Fortunately, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate lawyers are here for you. Our highly experienced team can help determine what claims should be filed to protect your legal interests.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of battle-tested personal injury attorneys understand that you probably have a lot of inquiries and will guide you through the whole process from start to finish. Our mission is to obtain the compensation that your case justifies to pay for medical bills and physical therapy, cover lost wages, and get back on your feet faster. Our top rated lawyers work based on contingency, meaning that we do not get one cent unless you receive a settlement or win a judgment. On numerous occasions, past clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury attorney in Buffalo, New York. Please see our client reviews by clicking here. Our seasoned lawyers are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Contact the best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at (716) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Please do not hesitate to call our veteran team to receive your complimentary case evaluation and consultation!The Risks of Misusing a Roadway’s Shoulder
Exploiting the shoulder of any road for personal use not only causes resentment from those who are obeying New York’s Vehicle and Traffic Laws, but these drivers also place themselves in unnecessary danger. Some of the risks associated with driving on the shoulder include:
- Getting Trapped: Although motorists may feel smart for avoiding traffic, many fail to realize that doing so angers other drivers in line. This decreases the chances of anyone letting the motorist back into the traffic lane. Furthermore, this can fuel road rage from everyone waiting for their turn.
- Hitting a Pedestrian: According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, pedestrian traffic deaths accounted for 17% of all traffic fatalities in 2019. Many accidents are caused by cars hitting pedestrians who were pulled over for auto repairs. Drivers speeding down the shoulder may fail to see someone exiting their vehicle to signal a tow truck or bent over changing a tire.
- Sideswiping a Median: When using the shoulder as a lane, it is easy to forget about obstructions that normal traffic lanes do not have, such as medians, cones, and dividers. This could cause the driver to swerve into other vehicles to avoid crashing into an obstacle.
- Delaying Emergency Vehicles: The shoulder is specially designed for emergencies and emergency vehicles. When an emergency vehicle’s shoulder passage is blocked by another motorist, it could prevent an injured victim from receiving vital medical care.
- Causing Collisions: Other unlawful drivers may cut off cars already traveling in the shoulder lane, causing a rear-end collision.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT, GET SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A COLLISION CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE DRIVING ON THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS BATTLE-TESTED AND HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK, DRIVING ON-THE-SHOULDER ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT (716)-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
It is important to always remember that your safety is more important than getting ahead of traffic. Unfortunately, even driving cautiously and obeying the traffic laws may not protect you from the bad choices of others. Negligent motorists routinely cost unsuspecting drivers their lives. Crucial safety tips for avoiding shoulder-related accidents include:
- When another car is driving on the shoulder, move over to the next lane;
- Allow vehicles driving on the shoulder to merge back into the traffic lane;
- Never stop on the shoulder unless you have an actual emergency;
- If possible, drive to the nearest exit if you get a flat tire;
- If you are pulled over on the shoulder, turn on your car’s hazard lights;
- Ensure that your car is completely on the road’s shoulder, avoid leaving any part of the vehicle sticking out into traffic lanes;
- Preclude from opening your car doors into the path of oncoming vehicles;
- Never exit your vehicle when traffic is approaching;
- Do not stand on the shoulder; and
- If necessary, call for assistance.
Even though road shoulders are intended to be safe zones for those involved in accidents and other emergencies on the road, these areas can be extremely dangerous. The risks generally associated with road shoulders are compounded when motorists decide to drive on them.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., documented as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and his team of road shoulder car accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York, are here for you. We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to providing the highest quality personal injury service to accident victims. Our seasoned attorneys will integrate the most successful litigation strategies to demonstrate liability, amplify your likelihood of getting the highest possible compensation for all damages suffered, and guarantee that justice prevails. Insurance companies have forfeited over $175,000,000.00 in judgments and settlements to compensate Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s clients, for their injuries. Allow our best of the best attorneys to demand you the compensation that you deserve. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., distinguished as a Best Law Firm of America, is available around the clock by calling (716) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!