Rochester, New York, Skiing And Snowboarding Injury Lawyers

Rochester, New York Skiing And Snowboarding Injury Lawyers

Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Reputable Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and His Remarkably Gifted Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Highly Reviewed with a 5-Star Google Rating, are Extremely Dedicated to Winning the Highest Rewards for Victims Critically Injured in Skiing and Snowboarding Accidents in Rochester, New York.

Someone Skiing During the long and cold winters, there are plenty of great skiing and snowboarding opportunities for the whole family. New York State is fortunate to have some of the most beautiful ski areas in the country. Bristol Mountain and Swain Resort are both terrific places to ski, and both are within driving distance of Rochester, New York. Not to mention, there are many great trails for cross-country skiing throughout Monroe County's 22 parks. Countless locals and visitors alike remain injury-free while enjoying various winter sports. However, each year roughly 600,000 victims suffer injuries, and 40 die while skiing or snowboarding across the United States.

Although skiing and snowboarding both have the potential to be dangerous, ski resorts must not do anything to make these activities riskier. Skiers and snowboarders can suffer blunt-force head trauma, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) ruptures, broken bones, and other devastating orthopedic injuries. Many slope-related accidents could easily be avoided by simply following proper safety measures. Suppose that you, or someone close to you, got hurt because of the carelessness of a skier, snowboarder, resort owner, lodge employee, or equipment manufacturer. In that case, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit and hold those responsible liable. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s seasoned litigators have decades of practice in formulating winning skiing injury claims. Your top priority should be healing, and our battle-tested personal injury attorneys will take care of everything else. Our attorneys will aggressively prosecute your case and ensure that the legal system benefits you.

Jed Dietrich, Esq., celebrated as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and his highly qualified team can provide legal representation for any sort of winter sports accident. Jed Dietrich, Esq., has obtained well over $175 million in judgments and settlements for injured clients throughout Rochester, New York, Monroe Country, and beyond. Our veteran lawyers can aggressively negotiate a full settlement for you to avoid a costly and time-consuming trial. Nevertheless, we are prepared to fight every case in court when necessary. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s leading team is available 24/7 at 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. We would be honored to discuss your skiing or snowboarding injury in further detail. Kindly contact us at your earliest possible opportunity to arrange a free consultation.

Common Types Of Skiing And Snowboarding Accidents

Chairlift Research conducted by the National Ski Areas Association shows that snowboarding carries a 50 to 70 percent greater risk for injuries. Snowboarders tend to suffer more damage to their ankles, wrists, and shoulders. However, the chances of snowboarders suffering fatalities are nearly 30 percent less than skiers. A majority of skiing-related deaths involve crashing into fixed objects at high velocities. The 4 most common types of ski and snowboard accident claims include the following:

  1. Ski Resort Negligence: Ski resort owners are legally obligated to maintain safe grounds for guests. When dangerous conditions result in injury, a victim can pursue a premises liability lawsuit against the property owner. While some of a skier's actions may be considered inherent risks, resorts can be held liable for both negligent actions and inactions. Typical examples of resort negligence include failing to place bumpers on ski lift posts, incorrectly marking trails, insufficiently maintaining trails, and improperly operating snow machines.
  2. Snowboard or Ski Collisions: These types of crashes can occur when 2 or more skiers or snowboards collide with one another. The New York State Ski Code requires all skiers to observe a long list of legal duties to prevent unnecessary injuries. Careless boarding or skiing, such as speeding towards others, horseplay, inattention to others, intoxication, recklessness, or attempting too advanced of a slope, may all be legal grounds for filing a claim.
  3. Faulty Ski Equipment: When equipment failures cause skiers to suffer injury, they may be able to pursue product liability claims against the responsible manufacturer or retailer. For instance, a snowboarder could file a lawsuit against the bindings manufacturer if his leg got fractured because the bindings failed to release.
  4. Ski Lift Accidents: These mishaps usually happen when victims are riding on, loading, or unloading chair lifts. For example, a 10-year-old boy suffered a fatal skull fracture after his ski lift chair lost control and sped down the mountain.



Compensation For Your Skiing Or Snowboarding Accident

Many skiers falsely assume that just because they signed a waiver releasing liability that they cannot sue a resort. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s expert ski and snowboard injury lawyers will thoroughly investigate the causes of your accident to determine who should be held liable. Depending on the circumstances, more than one party could be responsible. Our seasoned litigators might be able to file claims against the resort, another skier or snowboarder, or the manufacturer of your skis or snowboard. Victims of brutal winter sports mishaps may be entitled to the following damages:

  1. Medical Costs: Those unfortunate enough to be involved in slope-related accidents can suffer severe harm. When injuries happen, victims may be forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars for emergency treatment alone. Under New York law, victims are entitled to recover present and future medical costs for surgeries, physical therapy sessions, mobility devices, prescription medications, and other required medical procedures.
  2. Lost Earnings: After sustaining severe injuries, you might be incapacitated and need to take time off from work. If you had to miss work due to skiing or snowboarding injuries, you might be awarded compensation based on your wages and the amount of time you missed. In cases where victims cannot return to work, they may be able to obtain settlements for their total lifetime of expected wages. Our elite personal injury lawyers can pursue damages for both your lost income and diminished future earning capacity.
  3. Loss of Consortium: When a spouse is adversely affected by a victim's slope-related injuries, they may be able to obtain compensation for loss of consortium.
  4. Pain and Suffering: Skiing and snowboarding injuries can cause long-lasting consequences far beyond your physical wounds. If you have suffered bodily pain or emotional anguish, we can pursue non-economic damages for your pain and suffering.
  5. Wrongful Death Claims: If you lost a family member due to a ski or snowboard mishap, while nothing can erase your agony, you may have the right to file a wrongful death Wrongful death cases are intended to provide surviving loved ones with enough compensation to support them in achieving some closure and financial sustainability after their loss.

There are various nuances and legal principles that need to be adequately understood to maximize the number of damages that a ski or snowboard injury victim can obtain. The highly experienced litigators at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. know the best ways to recover the highest compensation allowed by New York law. It is imperative to hire an expert skiing and snowboarding accident lawyer. With ample resources at our disposal, our battle-tested attorneys have a solid reputation for building strong claims and securing the justice that our clients deserve. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can be reached 24 hours a day and 7 days a week by phoning 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. Please, do not wait another day to schedule your complimentary, no-obligation case evaluation.

Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!

Client Reviews
I am a medical doctor and have worked with many of the best lawyers in Buffalo and I can say without question that Jed Dietrich is the only lawyer I would trust with my injury case in Buffalo New York. B.O.
Dogged, Determined, and Dead-set on getting you the Maximum settlement for your injuries! T.F.
No one will work harder, smarter or better; I have retained Jed and he obtained the best result for my case. D.P.
The definition of an "A" type personality-exactly who I would want to represent me in a serious personal injury case. E.S.
Jed is a Master in the courtroom without an equal. S.C.
Marquis Who's Who
Elite Lawyers of America