Rochester, New York, Pedestrian Accident FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Acclaimed as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Uncompromising, Persistent, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Unrivaled Results for Victims Seriously Injured in Pedestrian Accidents in Rochester, New York, Throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
For over 20 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., highly praised as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has battled to demand at least $1,000,000.00 or more 44 times for seriously injured clients, including numerous victims whose lives were turned inside out due to pedestrian crashes. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of elite and highly qualified personal injury lawyers will strive to get you the highest possible compensation for all of your damages. Our honorable dedication to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competitors.
The average car accident does not even begin to compare to the devastation that victims can suffer while walking. Pedestrian accidents are among the most injurious and deadliest calamities that can happen. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., awarded American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, recognizes the devastating impact that pedestrian accidents can have on victims and, ultimately, their loved ones. If you, or a family member, have been unfortunate enough to suffer injuries while walking, you undoubtedly have several questions and concerns. Below, we have provided insightful responses to some of the most frequently asked questions concerning pedestrian accidents. Please, call us today at 585-939-3939 to discover more about how we can help you!Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the most frequently asked questions about pedestrian accidents include:
- Why are pedestrians so prone to suffering severe injuries in accidents? The average pedestrian does not stand a chance against even a subcompact car. Unlike passengers in vehicles, pedestrians have a higher risk of sustaining severe injuries because they are unprotected and lack safety restraints. Pedestrians are approximately 10 times more likely to suffer fatalities in collisions than occupants of vehicles. Moreover, the danger of suffering devastating injuries in pedestrian accidents increases substantially at higher speeds.
- What types of pedestrians are most likely to get hurt in a Rochester accident? The risk of older pedestrians suffering severe injuries is significantly higher. Responsible for 21 percent of all pedestrian deaths, the 50-to-59 age group has the highest percentage of fatalities. The increased dangers associated with elderly pedestrians are associated with reduced bodily strength, age-frailty, and a critical risk of bone fractures. Additionally, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), almost one-fifth of children 14 and younger killed in car accidents were pedestrians.
- What are the main causes of fatal pedestrian accidents? According to recent statistics, the main causes of pedestrian accidents were failing to yield the right-of-way, improper road crossings, poor visibility conditions, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, pedestrians running into the road, walking the wrong way, walking on prohibited roadways, and lingering in the road. Pedestrians are also frequently killed due to distractions, such as texting, talking on the phone, or being on social media.
- What are the most common injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents? According to the New York State Department of Health, each year, there are an average of 3,027 hospitalizations and 12,506 emergency department visits due to traffic-related injuries. Most pedestrian injuries are suffered in the area of the body that is struck. While even at slower speeds, the impact is capable of inflicting massive injuries, faster speeds are generally the most catastrophic. Some of the most prevalent injuries reported in pedestrian accidents include lacerations, soft tissue damage, internal organ damage, fractured and broken bones, neck and spinal cord injuries, permanent disfigurement, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), and complete paralysis.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER BRUTAL INJURIES OR WORSE IN A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF MONROE COUNTY PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
- What are some important safety measures that pedestrians can implement to stay safe? Reaching your destination safely is all about proper planning and thinking ahead. Defensive walking requires pedestrians to identify situations that pose higher risks and take the proper steps to control and manage these situations. Some important recommendations that can help you stay safe while walking include not using a phone, never wearing headphones, walking on sidewalks, never jaywalking, using available crosswalks, and never assuming that a driver will stop for you.
- How can the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. be of help with my Rochester pedestrian injury claim? Lawsuits involving pedestrian accidents can be complicated and messy legal battles. Victims often suffer life-shattering injuries or worse. Our highly experienced personal injury attorneys can make all the difference in the world. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s seasoned team possesses the expertise and knowledge to systematically investigate your accident and hold the responsible party liable. We promise to relentlessly litigate your case to ensure that you get the compensation that you need and rightfully deserve.
- What type of factors could influence the value of my case? The most substantial considerations in determining the value of your pedestrian accident claim are how the incident occurred, the strength of evidence, the scope and severity of your injuries, your expected recovery time, the permanency of your injuries, and total losses suffered. Compensation for all of your economic and non-economic damages may include lost wages from missed work, diminished future earning capacity, both present and future medical costs, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, loss of consortium, permanent disfigurements, and life-long disabilities suffered.
- What have past pedestrian accident victims recovered? Recently, Jed Dietrich, Esq. aggressively negotiated to obtain $2,400,000.00, a wrongful death settlement for the family of a 49-year-old pedestrian who died after being hit by a school bus. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has secured well over $175,000,000 for his clients.
Heartbreaking tales of pedestrians suffering life-altering injuries or worse in accidents motivate Jed Dietrich, Esq. to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims every day. Suppose that you, or a family member, have been hurt while walking. In that case, we strongly suggest contacting our veteran team for a free case consultation. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, will fight to obtain the highest compensation for your injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.'s leading lawyers understand how to successfully pursue pedestrian accident cases. If you have any specific questions regarding your claim, feel free to contact us. You can reach us by calling 585-939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. There is never any charge until we WIN your case!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!