Rochester, New York, Chain Reaction Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Famed as a Best Lawyer of America and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Meticulous, Zealous, and Dogged Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Aggressively Litigate Chain Reaction Car Crash Claims to Obtain Astonishing Results for Victims Injured in Rochester, New York, Throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
You have probably seen news reports about huge multi-car pile-ups on local highways. Chain reaction accidents involve three or more vehicles. During these collisions, occupants can become trapped in their cars as vehicles continue to pile up all around them. With multiple vehicles smashing into each other, victims can be struck numerous times. Sometimes, the vehicles of victims involved in these types of multiple-car accidents can even catch on fire. Consequently, some of the most devastating injuries occur to victims of cars that are stopped on the highway and struck by larger vehicles moving at high speeds.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), in a recent year alone, 58 percent of car occupant fatalities occurred in multiple-vehicle accidents. Although chain-reaction collisions kill a lower percentage of pickup and SUV occupants, the total number of multiple-vehicle-related fatalities in a single year exceeded 12,760. Chain-reaction crashes tend to be especially devastating for the initial vehicles involved. While most injuries and property damages are inflicted on the first victim who gets hit and the person who hits them, other victims can also suffer brutal injuries. Chain-reaction crashes commonly result from one or more drivers’ carelessness, and it is not uncommon for multiple parties to share the blame. Suppose that you, or someone you know, were involved in a chain reaction car crash in Rochester, New York. In that case, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite car accident attorneys would like to help you.
Liability in chain reaction car accidents is often complicated and takes a highly experienced attorney to adequately prove. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has passionately devoted over two decades of his life to fighting for justice. Throughout these years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has litigated thousands of cases, including several chain-reaction car crashes, and obtained over $175 million in judgments and settlements. With our veteran legal representation, you may be entitled to money for lost wages, hospital bills, permanent disability, rehabilitation, life-altering disfigurement, loss of consortium, and much more. Our seasoned team is available around the clock by dialing (585) 939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form to discuss your potential case. Please schedule your complimentary and confidential case evaluation today!Common Causes Of Chain Reaction Crashes
Most chain reaction accidents start with an initial collision that causes the impacted vehicle to strike another car. Like the above example, this type of multi-vehicle accident typically occurs during traffic stops. In other cases, after the first accident occurs, another driver who cannot stop on time ends up colliding with vehicles from the first accident. In the latter situation, the third driver often has little to no warning and simply not enough time to stop. These accidents are common in Rochester, New York, during the winter conditions when excessive ice and snow accumulate on the roads. Chain reaction accidents are also extremely prevalent in low visibility conditions, like heavy rain or fog.
These collisions often create a domino-like effect. For example, at least ten people were recently hospitalized after a two-car collision resulted in a chain reaction pile-up that eventually shut down Route 531 in both directions. Nearly all chain reaction accidents involve some form of negligence. In addition to the above causes, some prevalent triggers of these crashes include:
- Following too closely or tailgating;
- Reckless driving or road rage;
- Failure to use a turn signal or improper signaling;
- Drug or alcohol impairment;
- Distracted driving;
- Failing to yield the right-of-way; and
- Abruptly stopping or slamming on the brakes.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, BRUTALLY INJURED IN A CHAIN REACTION CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, CHAIN REACTION COLLISION LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE ASSISTANCE THAT YOU DESERVE!
One of the primary reasons that chain reaction accidents occur is that drivers approaching crashes that have already taken place do not have sufficient time to stop. Consequently, these drivers wind up becoming part of the accident. We recommend the following tips to avoid becoming involved in multi-vehicle pile-ups:
- Never Tailgate: The best way to avoid a chain reaction crash is by driving a reasonable distance from the car in front of you. Under normal driving conditions, a 3-second following distance is generally sufficient to give yourself enough time to stop. However, if the road, traffic, or weather conditions are bad, you may need up to a 10-second following distance.
- Be Noticeable and Get Off the Road: If you are ever involved in an accident, try to get your vehicle to the side of the road and turn on your hazards. As if getting into a crash is not bad enough, the seconds immediately after can be extremely dangerous, especially if you are on Interstate 490 or another highway. Pulling onto the shoulder as quickly as possible can help oncoming motorists avoid hitting you.
- Slow Down When Visibility is Limited: Far too many chain reaction accidents occur in low-visibility situations, such as heavy snow, smoke, fog, or pouring rain, when drivers cannot see ahead.
- Avoid Speeding: Speed limits are posted for your safety. Speeding drivers endanger everyone on the road. Faster speeds require more time to stop and give drivers less chance to react to abrupt changes in traffic.
- Pay Attention: Road conditions can change in the blink of an eye, especially when it starts raining or the sun is shining directly in your eyes. Construction zones also seemingly appear unexpectedly, leading to abrupt stops. Therefore, you must avoid all distractions and keep your eyes on the road. You should try not to eat, use your phone, change the radio station, or do anything else that will take your focus off the road.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading team trusts that by following our above recommendations, you can significantly lessen the risk of being in any type of multi-vehicle accident. However, there is no way to guarantee another driver’s negligence will not cause you to be the victim of a chain-reaction collision. Our battle-tested Rochester, New York, car accident lawyers refuse to let another careless motorist destroy your way of life. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, promises to litigate your claim with the same aggressive tactics that have consistently generated the 7 and 8-figure compensation packages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available twenty-four-seven and three-sixty-five by dialing (585) 939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!