Rochester Car Accidents Caused by Road Hazards
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and Distinguished Justice Advocate, and His Team of Hardline, Tenacious, and Dependable Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Take Aggressive Legal Action to Obtain Amazing Outcomes for Victims of Car Crashes Resulting from Dangerous Roads in Rochester, New York, throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
According to a recent report by TRIP (A National Transportation Research Nonprofit), deteriorated, congested, and deficient roads cost the average motorist in the Rochester urban area more than $1,600 per year. The report also found that 12 percent of roads in the area were in bad condition, and 19 percent were in mediocre condition. Road debris alone is responsible for approximately 50,000 collisions and 440 fatalities annually. Dangerous roadways can cause unsuspecting motorists to brake without warning, swerve, or even lose control and smash into pedestrians, other vehicles, and buildings. Additionally, these hazardous conditions lead to both single-car crashes and accidents involving two or more vehicles. Far too many car accidents result from preventable road issues.
Road hazards can be anything on a street or highway that constitutes a danger, such as large potholes, standing water, roadkill, broken down cars, gravel, or objects that have fallen from other vehicles or construction sites. In many instances, deficient road conditions are due to the negligent actions or inactions of one or more parties. When a road hazard is caused by faulty design, inadequate construction, or lack of maintenance, the liable municipality, construction company, or maintenance contractor can be held accountable. If you were the victim of a road hazard-related crash, it is vital to have a practiced lawyer who has successfully handled this type of claim before. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly-qualified car accident attorneys are here to help you. You can always depend on our veteran litigators to distinguish the complexities of your case and build the strongest possible lawsuit.
For the last 23 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., much-admired as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has fought to attain more than $175 million in verdicts and settlements for clients who were injured in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team of attorneys has represented thousands of victims whose lives were torn apart due to dreadful car accidents. Retaining a highly experienced lawyer is the best way to start protecting your legal right to compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of top-rated car accident attorneys will strive to deliver you and your family the greatest possible outcome. Please, call us now at (585) 939-3939 to learn more about how we can win your case!Investigating Your Dangerous Road Condition Crash
After an accident caused by hazardous road conditions, it is imperative to start gathering evidence as quickly as possible. Oftentimes, the responsible party will try to remedy the safety hazard, or corroborating evidence will be destroyed by traffic. In the absence of a prompt investigation, key evidence can easily be lost or damaged before being recorded. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading car accident attorneys will act promptly and methodically to collect every piece of evidence to prove that a road hazard caused your collision. Supporting evidence may include the following:
- Original blueprints of the roadway, which could verify a faulty design;
- Your accident report from the relevant law enforcement agency;
- Prior accident reports from the police detailing existing road damage;
- Maintenance logbooks from the contractors responsible for road maintenance;
- Documents revealing previous complaints on the same roadway;
- Bookkeeping regarding any ongoing road construction in the area;
- Statements from bystanders who witnessed the hazard that caused your accident;
- Surveillance footage from all nearby traffic cameras;
- Weather reports from around the time of your crash; and
- Pictures from the scene of the accident, such as road damage, skid marks, applicable surroundings, and vehicle damage.
After gathering supporting evidence, we will work closely with our car accident reconstruction experts and highway safety experts to analyze the data and identify all the influencing factors and safety issues that led to your accident. Our experts will provide accredited testimonies and present crucial evidence to substantiate your case at necessary legal proceedings. With vast resources at our disposal, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team has a strong reputation for building persuasive lawsuits and demanding the compensation that our clients deserve.
DID YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SUFFER BRUTAL INJURIES OR WORSE IN A COLLISION CAUSED BY A HAZARDOUS ROAD CONDITION IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, DANGEROUS ROAD ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Although some road hazard-related accidents are inevitable, defensive driving techniques can help keep you and your family safe. Good drivers should always be ready for every possible contingency. Motorists can substantially reduce their risk of being involved in dangerous road-related crashes by adhering to the following safety tips:
- Always Scan Ahead: Drivers should always be looking at the road ahead to spot potential hazards. This can help you prepare in advance instead of overcorrecting at the last possible second.
- Avoid Distracted Driving: One of the most common reasons that drivers get into road hazard-related accidents is because they fail to notice the threat. This demonstrates how dangerous inattentive or distracted driving can be. Therefore, it is imperative to always pay attention when behind the wheel.
- Never Tailgate: Failing to maintain a safe following distance in any situation is a recipe for disaster. Always try to maintain at least 3 to 4 seconds of driving space between your car and the vehicles in front. This will make it easier to see potential threats ahead and provide you with sufficient reaction time.
- Maintain Open Space: Whenever possible, try to keep an open space on at least one side of your car. This will provide you with an escape route in case you are forced to exit your lane to avoid contacting a hazardous condition.
- Drive the Speed Limit: Drivers who speed or drive too fast for the given road conditions are more likely to crash into road hazards and other vehicles. Speeding also makes it much easier for motorists to lose control when attempting to circumvent dangers.
It is crucial to keep the above safety measures on the top of your mind. Suppose that you, or a loved one, suffer an injury caused by a dangerous roadway. You will need the finest personal injury lawyer in Western New York to aggressively litigate your claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has persuaded government entities and other negligent parties to pay at least $1,000,000.00 or more 38 times to compensate his clients. If you have any specific questions regarding your hazardous road accident claim, please feel free to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced lawyers are here to help you through your troubling times and promise to treat you with the respect that you deserve. Our best-of-the-best team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling (585) 939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!