Rochester Road Defect Injuries
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Knows What It Takes to Deliver Justice. Recognized As a Best Attorney in America, Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Committed to Providing Unparalleled Personal Injury Service to Anyone Who Was Hurt by A Road Defect in Or Around Rochester, New York.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has spent nearly two decades protecting the rights of people across Rochester, New York. We have seen first-hand the challenges accident victims must overcome to obtain fair and equitable compensation for their injuries. Our tenacious team of legal professionals believes that nobody should have to pay the price for another person’s wrongdoing. Since our founding, we have helped our clients secure more than $175 million from insurance companies, reckless motorists, and negligent municipal corporations.
For most Rochester residents, driving is a part of everyday life. When we get behind the wheel to head to work, drop our children off at school, or go to the store, we expect other people to follow the rules of the road and drive safe and responsibly. After all, nobody wants their day to end with an accident. However, a surprising number of automobile crashes are caused not by other motorists but by dilapidated and poorly designed infrastructure.
The City of Rochester and the State of New York have a legal responsibility to ensure that the roads, bridges, and highways under their jurisdiction are properly maintained and safe for travel. If you were hurt in a Rochester car accident that was caused or made worse by a road defect, you do not have to bear the costs of recovery alone. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is dedicated to providing the people of Rochester with the highest level of personal injury service. When you get hurt in a car crash that was not your fault, you need a professional’s help to get the recovery you deserve. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., today at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.Rochester Road Defects
Government researchers and private thinktanks have found that Rochester and its surrounding areas have some of the worst infrastructure in the United States. Some examples include:
- The Office of New York Senator Chuck Schumer’s review of regional infrastructure revealed that Greater Rochester has at least 145 “dangerous” bridges, all of which pose “worsening safety issues with each passing day.”
- The nonpartisan Reason Foundation ranked New York’s roadways among the worst in the country. According to a recent annual report, New York spends more on per-mile maintenance than most states but is near the bottom of the list in categories such as ‘Urban Interstate Pavement Condition’ and ‘Urban Arterial Pavement Condition.’
- The Congress for New Urbanism identified the Rochester Inner Loop as one of the most problematic highways nationwide, both because it separates underserved communities from the city center and because its condition is steadily deteriorating.
While Rochester residents pay taxes to maintain regional infrastructure, the city and state have largely failed to keep the conditions of Monroe County roadways above the national average. Although most people manage to navigate even poorly maintained roads without incident, significant road defects pose a considerable danger. The Washington Post, for instance, published a study showing that bad highway design and road-related conditions are responsible for an estimated 22,000 fatalities per year.
If you, or a loved one, have been hurt in a road defect or infrastructure-related car accident, you could be eligible for compensation through insurance negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has helped our clients secure numerous six and seven-figure settlements—money Rochester automobile accident victims need to pay their medical bills, recover lost wages from work, and afford critical long-term care. Please send us a message online or call us at (585) 939-3939 to discuss your options for recompense.Common Road Defects
People expect the city, county, and state to keep Rochester roadways free from danger. However, road defects are a common sight across Monroe County. Any of the following can cause or contribute to an accident:
- Road debris;
- Faulty, missing, or improper traffic control signs and signals;
- Poor lighting;
- Potholes and uneven pavement;
- Inadequate water drainage systems;
- Faded traffic lines;
- Inappropriately banked curves;
- Insufficient shoulder space;
- Unexpected and unmarked grade changes; and
- Sharp rises or drops at the edge of the pavement.
WERE YOU OR A LOVED ONE INJURED BY A ROAD DEFECT IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
IF SO, YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST GOVERNMENT
ENTITIES ARE SUBJECT TO STRICT STATUTES OF LIMITATIONS,
WHICH WILL PREVENT YOU FROM CLAIMING ANY
COMPENSATION FOR YOUR INJURIES.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER,
NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW
TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
State law broadly permits people who have been hurt by road defects to seek recourse for their injuries. However, motorists face an uphill battle unless they have experienced, competent legal counsel. This is because most government entities, including the City of Rochester, can claim “qualified immunity” from many civil claims. Under the qualified immunity doctrine, government entities, bodies, and officials cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from the fulfillment of their ordinary duties.
If the government fails to promptly address a recognized road defect, you could file a claim for compensation. However, these claims are subject to stringent statutes of limitations. In order for your claim to be successful, you will have to show that the government’s negligence contributed to or resulted in your injuries. The only way to do this is by providing concrete evidence. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help you gather the evidence you need to prove liability by:
- Surveying the accident site and carefully investigating, recording, and analyzing the road defect.
- Finding out which government agency, municipal corporation, or private contractor was responsible for maintenance of the concerned roadway.
- Determining whether the at-fault party received prior notice regarding the road defect and if it made any effort to fix it within a reasonable amount of time.
- Using your hospital records, medical bills, and wage statements to show the courts that you suffered injuries and damages because of the at-fault party’s negligence.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could also take action against any non-governmental persons or entities which contributed to or facilitated your accident, such as a reckless motorist, private contractor, or an independent business.
When you get hurt in a Rochester road defect car accident that was not your fault, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will pursue every avenue for recourse, whether it means filing a lawsuit against the city government or holding a negligent contractor accountable for faulty construction. However, you have to act fast. If you do not file your notice of claim and lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, you will lose your opportunity to get compensation. Do not delay: call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at (585) 939-3939 today.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!