Niagara Falls, New York, Rear-End Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Applauded as a Best Lawyer of America, and His Elite Team of Aggressive, Persistent, and Helpful Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Finest Outcome for Victims of Fender-Bender Crashes in Niagara Falls, New York, Throughout Niagara County, and Beyond.
A rear-end collision happens when a motorist crashes into the back of the vehicle in front. This type of accident often occurs at stop signs, red lights, and in areas with heavy traffic congestion. Although most fender-benders take place at low speeds, they can happen at high speeds on highways and other main roads. Rear-end accidents typically involve two vehicles. However, these accidents can set off chain reactions and rapidly evolve into multi-vehicle collisions. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), rear-enders are the most common type of car accident. In a recent year alone, nearly 30 percent of all collisions were fender-benders.
Approximately 1.7 million rear-end crashes occur throughout the country every year. The severity of injuries suffered by victims depends substantially on the speed each vehicle was traveling at the time of the impact, the road conditions, and the types of vehicles involved. These accidents tend to be most severe when the rear-ending driver is speeding and crashes into a stopped vehicle or when a much bigger vehicle, such as an SUV, rear-ends a compact car. Unfortunately, roughly 1,700 victims die, and another 500,000 are seriously injured in rear-end collisions each year. Whiplash and other severe neck and back injuries are extremely common when a vehicle smashes into the car in front.
Suppose that you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a rear-end collision that was caused by a negligent driver. A seasoned Niagara Falls, New York, car accident attorney can help you. You can always depend on the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran litigators to assertively pursue your car accident case against the responsible party. For more than 23 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has dedicated his life to fighting for victims of devastating accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s vision when he founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 was to provide accident victims with the finest legal representation possible. Insurance companies have been forced to pay the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s clients over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements. Please, contact us now at (716) 839-3939 to discover how we can help you and to start taking advantage of our zero-cost, obligation-free case evaluations, and consultations.Important Tips to Avoid Rear-Ending Other Vehicles
All motorists have a legal duty to drive carefully and maintain safe following distances to allow vehicles in front to stop suddenly. Drivers must always concentrate on the road ahead and react as necessary. For instance, in rush hour traffic on the highway, motorists tend to hit their brakes often and abruptly. Drivers must be sufficiently prepared for all sudden stops. Even if the motorist in front slams on his brakes, it does not give the behind driver an excuse for not maintaining a reasonable distance. Consequently, a driver who rear-ends the vehicle in front is usually considered at fault. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys believe that even the safest drivers can benefit from our safe driving recommendations. We suggest the following to avoid crashing into any vehicles in front of you:
- Always maintain a safe following distance so that you have sufficient time to stop;
- Keep distractions down to an absolute minimum because distracted driving is the number one cause of all car crashes;
- Do not speed or drive too fast for the given road conditions;
- Increase your following distance when driving in inclement weather, such as icy or wet roads;
- Be especially vigilant during low visibility driving conditions, like fog, pouring rain, or blinding sunshine;
- Always get enough sleep and plan your routes well in advance so that you can focus more on driving;
- Be especially careful when following tractor-trailers because large trucks can block your view of the road ahead;
- Use extra caution when following a vehicle known for making frequent stops, such as a delivery truck;
- Always try and anticipate what motorists will do around you so that you will have more time to react;
- Scan the road ahead of you and always stay aware of your surroundings;
- Never drive aggressively or under the influence of drugs or alcohol; and
- Make sure to drive defensively and always have an escape route in mind.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, GRAVELY WOUNDED IN A REAR-END CAR
CRASH CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN NIAGARA FALLS,
ANYWHERE IN NIAGARA COUNTY OR ANY OTHER PART
OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY DETERMINED TEAM OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK, REAR-END CAR COLLISION INJURY LAWYERS
AT (716) 839-3939 TODAY TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU
Like other car accidents, liability in fender-benders can be complicated and is often disputed. Most drivers believe that the driver who rear-ended the vehicle in front of them is always at fault. However, sometimes the motorists who were hit from behind can be held liable for the accident. For instance, if the front driver performs an abrupt brake check and causes the car behind to crash into him. Some situations where the driver that got hit may be held liable include:
- The front driver stopped illegally;
- The vehicle in front suddenly reverses into the car behind;
- The driver in front stops unexpectedly to perform a turn but fails to execute it;
- A distraction causes the motorist in front to suddenly slam on his or her brakes;
- Performing unpredictable or illegal driving maneuvers;
- Having broken brake lights that make it difficult for other drivers to know you are stopping;
- Failing to turn on your hazard lights when stopped in the middle of the road due to a mechanical problem; and
- Rear-enders involving a reckless or erratic front driver.
Under New York’s legal doctrine of comparative negligence, victims can still recover compensation for their damages even if they were partly to blame. A plaintiff that contributed to their rear-end crash would still be able to obtain compensation, but the total amount would be reduced based on their share of the blame. Never try to fight with insurance adjusters by yourself, as you might unintentionally say something that they can use to deny your claim. Instead, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested personal injury attorneys for the representation that you deserve. Our highly experienced Niagara Falls, New York, rear-end collision lawyer can gather vital evidence to prove that you did not cause the accident.
Our seasoned attorneys are available for your free consultation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by dialing (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Please contact our leading lawyers today so that we can start negotiating a remarkable outcome for your case!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!