Improper Turn Signal Car Accident in Buffalo
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Commended as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Elite Team of Highly Experienced Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Awarded with a Google Five Star Rating, Take Aggressive Legal Action to Obtain the Superlative Results for Victims Who were Severely Injured in Car Collisions Caused by Turn Signal Misusage in Buffalo, New York.
When you are driving, how many times have you spotted other motorists using their turn signals incorrectly? Getting stuck behind a driver who misuses their blinkers can be extremely aggravating. While blinkers are not high-tech, using them makes it easier for everyone to anticipate other drivers’ actions and take the appropriate action. Proper turn signal usage helps prevent unnecessary accidents and saves countless lives. However, some drivers forget to employ or deactivate turn signals because one hand is on the steering wheel and the other is holding their smartphone. Others lack proper signaling out of pure laziness, inadequate training, or carelessness. Regardless of the reason, improper turn signal use can result in severe collisions. More than 10% of motorists use their turn signal incorrectly. Those who have been injured because other drivers fail to use their blinkers are often left in difficult situations.
If you, or someone close to you, were severely injured in an accident caused by another driver’s improper turn signal activation, you owe it to yourself to consult with a highly-qualified personal injury attorney. The leading lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have a wealth of experience in procuring justice for car crash victims. Our battle-tested team has helped thousands of clients, and their loved ones get back on their feet following dreadful accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as a Best of the Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, will incorporate the most effective litigation strategies to prove liability, strengthen your chances of obtaining the most money for your injuries, and ensure that justice prevails.
For over two decades, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has fought vigorously to obtain more than $175 Million in judgments and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. Our devotion to topping your expectations and providing an extraordinary outcome is what differentiates us from other lawyers. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team provides free, confidential case reviews and consultations. We would be honored to discuss your potential claim in further detail. Our compassionate attorneys are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling us at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.Common Misuses Of Turn Signals
Approximately 50% of all motorists admit to using their turn signals improperly or not at all. There are several ways in which drivers can cause collisions due to blinker errors, including:
- Failure to Signal: Turning without using blinkers places everyone on the road in unnecessary danger. When drivers do not activate their blinkers, surrounding motorists may not realize the driver is turning. In addition to using blinkers before turning, drivers must signal when changing lanes, merging, passing other vehicles, pulling in and out of parking spaces, and making U-turns.
- Inadequate Signaling Distance: Drivers who apply their turn signals immediately before turning may not provide others with enough reaction time. New York State Law requires motorists to turn on their blinkers within 100 feet before turning.
- Forgetting to Deactivate the Blinkers: After turning, many drivers fail to switch off their turn signals. Although this is typically only a minor inconvenience to other motorists, it can cause needless confusion on the road. When drivers see the blinkers of a vehicle that has already turned, they may be unsure how to react. When turn signals have been flashing for excessive periods, others may assume that the vehicle is never going to change lanes or turn.
- Waiting to Turn Before Signaling: It is not uncommon to see drivers begin signaling when they are already in the process of turning or changing lanes. This is equivalent to not signaling at all. Applying your blinkers while already turning provides others with little time to adjust their speeds accordingly.
- Using the Wrong Signal: Some drivers apply the left blinkers while turning right or vice versa. Incorrect signaling happens a lot more than most would think, especially among inexperienced, distracted, and intoxicated drivers.
DID YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SUFFER SEVERE INJURIES OR WORSE IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S IMPROPER TURN SIGNAL USE IN BUFFALO OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS BATTLE-TESTED AND ELITE TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK, UNSUITABLE BLINKER USE CAR CRASH INJURY LAWYERS (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
When applied correctly, blinkers make driving easier by indicating intentions to merge or turn. Failing to use turn signals properly contributes to hundreds of Buffalo, New York car accidents annually. While turning on a blinker seems like such an easy task, according to studies conducted by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), unsuitable turn signal usage causes nearly 2 million crashes annually. Negligent drivers that signal improperly can easily cause devastating accidents by misleading other motorists. For example, when a driver incorrectly indicates that he or she is turning right at an intersection and continues straight instead, he or she can T-bone a vehicle turning left. Unfortunately, just because a driver is misusing their turn signals, it does not automatically give you the right-of-way. Although there is no guarantee that other drivers will apply their blinkers appropriately, there are several crucial safety measures that you can take to mitigate the risk of being involved in an accident. Our veteran lawyers suggest taking the following steps:
- Never trust other drivers will turn until you see the front wheels rotate;
- Wait a few extra seconds at intersections before turning left in front of vehicles turning right;
- Determine whether a driver with the right-of-way at a stop sign is turning or going straight before proceeding;
- Always give yourself enough room between cars in front to be able to stop; and
- Avoid all distractions and pay attention to your surroundings.
Just because someone is an attorney does not mean that they are capable of litigating your car crash lawsuit in court. After your accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to protect your legal rights from start to finish. We recognize that even relatively minor injuries can have devastating aftereffects on accident victims. The combination of severe physical and emotional trauma is often very disheartening. Our seasoned team, proudly recognized by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, knows how to appropriately and assertively pursue your improper turn signal car accident case. Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are disciplined, dedicated, and determined to obtain the highest possible monetary compensation for all of your damages. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his battle-tested team of attorneys today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!