Erie, Pennsylvania, Car Accidents Caused By Unsafe Lane Changes
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has Dedicated His Life to Aggressively Advocating for the Legal Rights of Injured Accident Victims. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Veteran Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Would be Honored to Pursue the Highest Compensation for Your Lane Change Collision in Erie, Pennsylvania.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year, roughly 9 percent of all car accidents involved unsafe lane changes. On the road, it is not uncommon to witness irresponsible motorists cutting off other vehicles. Fairly frequently, aggressive drivers on U.S. Route 20 and other major roadways throughout Erie, Pennsylvania, can be seen weaving in and out of traffic and rapidly changing lanes. Other motorists may be forced to slam on their brakes or quickly maneuver out of the way just to avoid a lane change accident. Consequently, improper lane changes are one of the most common accidents caused by irresponsible motorists. Negligent and reckless drivers endanger the lives of everyone on the road.
The injuries and other damages often associated with severe lane-changing accidents are capable of altering the lives of victims. These types of collisions are particularly devastating when motorists are completely caught off guard and left in vulnerable positions. Naturally, hazardously changing lanes can leave unsuspecting victims with little reaction time to mitigate the force of the impact. Failing to use reasonable care when changing lanes on the highway is especially treacherous because the high speeds of the vehicles involved tend to increase the severity of injuries. No one should ever be forced to cope with the grave consequences of a car accident without a highly experienced lawyer by their side. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our top-ranked attorneys have the practice, knowledge, and compassion needed to represent you effectively. Unlike other law firms, our team takes the time to get to know both clients and their cases.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly-qualified lawyers have assisted thousands of car accident victims and their loved ones in obtaining life-changing compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s remarkable attorneys will not stop fighting until the responsible driver pays for your injuries. Our elite Northwestern Pennsylvania team has extensive practice negotiating with insurance adjusters as well as presenting cases at trial. It is no surprise that Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s commitment to excellence has resulted in him winning more than $175 million in judgments and settlements for clients. Our seasoned personal injury attorneys would be delighted to provide you with a free, no-obligation case assessment and consultation. We are available 24/7 by dialing 814-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Please call us at your earliest possible convenience so that our battle-tested lawyers can get you moving in the right direction!Common Contributing Factors of Lane-Changing Accidents
Mistakes made when switching lanes are some of the most prevalent causes of lane change crashes. From unsuspected potholes and debris on the road to tailgating, numerous conditions can easily lead to these types of accidents. Some of the most common elements found in lane-changing collisions include:
- Impulsive or aggressive driving;
- Road rage;
- Forgetting to check blind spots;
- Low visibility conditions, like heavy fog;
- Inclement weather conditions, such as rain or snow;
- Distractions behind the wheel;
- Failing to signal before switching lanes;
- Inconsiderate drivers intentionally preventing other drivers from changing lanes;
- Failing to check blind spots; and
- Wrongly adjusted mirrors.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE DEAR TO YOU, SUFFER SEVERE INJURIES IN A LANE CHANGE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER DRIVER’S CARELESSNESS OR IN ERIE OR OTHER PARTS OF NORTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND SEASONED TEAM OF ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, LANE CHANGE CAR COLLISION ATTORNEYS AT 814-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE LEGAL SUPPORT THAT YOU NEED!
For one reason or another, almost every driver has unintentionally encroached into another motorist’s lane or accidentally cut someone off. Only after hearing the other driver’s horn or seeing them in our rearview mirrors do we realize our mistakes and promise to be more careful in the future. It is important to realize that most of these types of collisions are preventable. Simply driving more cautiously will substantially help reduce your risk. Below the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading lane change collision attorneys have listed suggestions for more safe lane changes:
- Plan Your Route: Drivers who plan their routes will know exactly when they need to change lanes to exit the highway or complete a turn.
- Check Your Mirrors: You must check your rearview and side mirrors and ensure that the other lane has enough space for you to safely move into. Regularly checking your mirrors will also help you remain aware of other vehicles in the vicinity.
- Signal Before the Lane Change: Before moving from one lane to another, it is important to use your turn signal to provide other motorists with adequate time to prepare themselves.
- Always Check Your Blind Spot: Most blind spots can only be observed by looking over your shoulder. Far too many lane change accidents happen because motorists fail to check these unseen areas before attempting to move over.
- Take Your Time Switching Lanes: Only after making sure that the intended lane is safe to enter should you slowly begin to move into it. While there is no need to rush into the lane, do not prolong it either.
- Avoid Unnecessary Lane Changes: Since every lane change comes with some level of risk, it is important not to switch lanes more often than you need to.
- Deactivate Your Turn Signal: Leaving your turn signal on after changing lanes is likely to confuse other drivers. Therefore, you should never forget to turn off your signal after switching lanes.
- Regularly Inspect Your Signals: Routinely check your turn signals to confirm that they are working correctly. If the turn signals on your vehicle burn out, other motorists will not know that you are trying to change lanes.
Every driver is responsible for following proper and lawful lane-switching techniques every time they change lanes. By implementing the above suggestions before moving into another lane, you can prevent side-swiping other vehicles. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that negligent motorists will apply the same level of care. Suppose that you, or a family member, have suffered grave injuries in a lane-changing accident. In such a calamitous event, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team will advance the most effective litigation tactics to negotiate the highest possible reward for your damages. Please contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his battle-tested lawyers at 814-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form so that we can start helping you today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!