Buffalo Car Accidents Caused By Failing To Stop When Emerging From An Alley Or Driveway
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Renowned as a Premier Lawyer of America and Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and His Influential Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Applauded as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Incorporate Highly Effective Litigation Tactics to Obtain the Highest Damages for Victims of Neglecting to Stop When Pulling Out of Private Road Car Crashes in Western New York.
According to New York Vehicle and Traffic Law (VAT) Section 1173, any driver emerging from a driveway, private road, alley, or building is required to stop immediately before proceeding onto a sidewalk or at the point closest to the roadway being entered where approaching traffic can be observed. Emerging out from an alley or driveway onto a busy road can be extremely dangerous when proper precautions are overlooked. By stopping first, a motorist can look both ways to determine whether or not it is safe to proceed. Drivers must always be mindful of pedestrians, young children, and cyclists. After yielding to pedestrians and ensuring that the sidewalk is clear, drivers must provide cars already on the roadway with the right-of-way. When attempting to emerge, one crucial consideration is the speed vehicles on the road are traveling. Always remember to give yourself adequate room to get up to speed and merge with the flow of traffic safely.
Suppose that you or a loved one have suffered harm in a collision caused by another’s pulling out unsafely from an alley or driveway; you may be entitled to pursue monetary compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Due to the high speeds often involved, collisions with vehicles emerging from private roads can be especially devastating. It is important to hire an experienced attorney to help explain all of your legal rights and options. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our highly qualified team appreciates just how tough it can be for accident victims to recover and get back on their feet. Victims may be forced to contend with excruciating and debilitating injuries while straining to afford their hospital bills. You can be certain that our seasoned lawyers will fight relentlessly to negotiate the highest possible settlement or win your case at trial.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has helped thousands of clients and families reclaim their lives after catastrophic crashes. Our leading team has the expertise and know-how necessary to investigate your claim and demand the maximum recovery for all your damages. For more than 2 decades, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has zealously litigated severe personal injury cases and fought to get over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite team would be pleased to offer you a free, confidential lawsuit evaluation and consultation. Our compassionate lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing 716-839-3939 or by filling out an online consultation form. We would be honored to talk about your emerging from a private road accident. Retaining the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran lawyers to pursue your claim may be one of the best decisions that you ever make.Is The Emerging Driver Always At Fault?
Generally, in case of a collision, the driver emerging from a driveway or alley will be at fault because vehicles already on the road have the right-of-way. Before pulling onto any roadway, drivers are expected to yield and wait until it is safe to proceed. Drivers must exercise reasonable caution and be mindful of approaching vehicles. This applies to all vehicles exiting private roads, whether straight or in reverse. However, a motorist already on the road can still be found comparatively negligent if he or she does anything to contribute to the accident. For example, when an emerging driver has already exited a driveway, and a speeding motorist rear-ends him or her. The speeding driver could be deemed partially or even primarily at fault. Some other notable situations where emerging drivers may not be found liable include:
- Reckless Driving: This type of driving typically consists of operating a vehicle with blatant disregard for others’ safety. Reckless driving commonly consists of weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, racing, cutting off other cars, and driving contrary to traffic signals.
- Failing to Yield: While the vehicle pulling out is required to yield the right-of-way, there is a certain point when the emerging driver in the proximity of the approaching vehicle gets precedence.
- Distracted Driving: Even the slightest distraction can cause drivers not to see emerging vehicles. Anything that takes a driver’s eyes off the road, such as talking on a phone, tending to small children, eating, updating social media, applying makeup, or changing the radio station and leads to an accident, can shift liability.
- Speeding Up: To beat emerging cars, some motorists may drive faster instead of slowing down. Speeding considerably heightens the risk of other vehicles not being able to stop if necessary.
- Driving Under the Influence: For those who choose to break the law by getting behind the wheel after consuming alcohol or drugs, collisions are bound to happen. Reacting to cars pulling onto the road requires both focus and awareness.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A CAR CRASH CAUSED BY ANOTHER DRIVER’S PULLING OUT FROM AN ALLEY OR DRIVEWAY ONTO A BUFFALO, NEW YORK ROADWAY?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK EMERGING FROM A PRIVATE ROAD ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Even if you drive safely and obey all the traffic laws, negligent motorists can still improperly emerge and cause life-shattering accidents. It is important to stay calm and take the following steps to help support your claim:
- Obtain Medical Care: Your number one priority should be receiving proper medical treatment, especially if your injuries are serious. If an ambulance is needed, call 911 as soon as possible. Being examined by a doctor can substantiate the harm you suffered as well as reveal dormant injuries.
- Call the Police: Before departing the scene of the accident, make certain to contact the police. Request the responding officer to write an accident report and ask for a copy. The accident report can help your attorney determine legal responsibility.
- Trade Contact Information: Obtain the other motorist’s name, phone number, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Talk to Bystanders: Onlookers in the vicinity may be able to validate your claim. Make sure to write down the names and contact details of any witnesses that can verify your version of events.
- Document the Crash: If feasible, use your smartphone to take videos and pictures of the accident scene, skid marks on the road, concerning vehicles, and all injuries suffered. Photos can be particularly useful if the cause of the collision is contested.
- Contact an Attorney: An experienced personal injury lawyer can systematically investigate your crash and evaluate whether or not to pursue a claim.
When you call Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and his battle-tested team of emerging from private road accident lawyers, you can be 100 percent confident in our legal prowess, practice, and personal devotion to you, your loved ones, and your lawsuit. Every year, the Dietrich Law Firm recovers millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We promise to explore all of the nuances surrounding your collision to guarantee that you are reasonably compensated for all of your injuries, including present and future medical bills, lost salary from missing work, any permanent disabilities, pain and suffering (both physical and mental), loss of consortium, property damage, and much more. Our top rated lawyers, differentiated by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, know just how to resolve your car accident claim. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned litigators today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!