Top Rated Teen Car Accident Attorneys in Erie, Pennsylvania
Insurance Companies Have Paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Veteran Team of Lawyers a Minimum of $1,000,000.00 at Least 44 Times to Resolve Client’s Cases. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will Aggressively Negotiate to Demand the Maximum Settlement for Your Collision Resulting from a Negligent Teen Driver in Erie, Pennsylvania, Throughout the Keystone State, and Beyond.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), roughly 50 percent of all teens get into collisions before even graduating from high school. Teenagers are especially susceptible to accidents within the first couple of months of getting their driver’s licenses. It is hardly surprising that the risk of crashing is higher for 16 to 19-year-olds than among any other age group. Teenagers are more inclined to engage in risky behaviors behind the wheel, such as watching short videos on their smartphones, and many simply lack the driving experience to react safely to hazardous situations. A recent survey of high school drivers revealed that 39 percent texted or emailed behind the wheel.
While teens spend less time on average behind the wheel, the number of collisions and fatalities they are involved in is disproportionately high. As reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 8 teenagers lose their lives each day in car accidents. Teen drivers often fail to identify apparent dangers, and even when they notice risks, they may be unsure how to react. The combination of inexperience and sensory overload can cause some young drivers to make terrible and dodgy decisions behind the wheel. For instance, a local 16-year-old driver was caught running from the scene of an accident after he ran a stop sign and crashed into several vehicles.
Over the last 24 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has helped thousands of accident victims and their families recover after devastating collisions. The significance of hiring a highly practiced car accident lawyer with proven results cannot be overstated. Insurance companies and negligent drivers have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his extraordinary team at least $1,000,000.00 or more 44 times to resolve clients’ claims. Our seasoned team would love the chance to evaluate your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. We are available around the clock by calling 814-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. The best part is that our leading lawyers take all of our clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will never pay any up-front fees for our superior representation.Prevalent Injuries Suffered in Collisions Involving Young Drivers
Car accidents are the number one cause of death for American teenagers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year alone, 2,276 victims suffered fatal injuries in collisions involving teen drivers. Roughly 227,000 teens who were fortunate enough to survive brutal crashes suffered devastating injuries. Victims of teen car accidents are commonly forced to cope with shattering wounds, including:
- Fractured bones;
- Amputations and severed limbs;
- Internal bleeding and organ damage;
- Severe neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord damage;
- Various craniofacial injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Total paralysis;
- Emotion trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
- Life-altering disfigurements;
- Permanent disabilities; and
- Wrongful death.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Fatality Facts show that the deadly crash rate per mile driven for those ages 16-19 is almost 3 times the frequency for motorists 20 years old and older. It is crucial to ensure that your teen driver is cognizant of the primary causes of collisions and injuries. The Eight Danger Zones include inexperience, driving with other young passengers, nighttime driving, not wearing seat belts, distracted driving, reckless driving, drowsy driving, and impaired driving.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU, BRUTALLY WOUNDED IN A CAR driven for those ages 16-19 is almost 3 times the frequency for mot CRASH CAUSED BY A TEENAGE DRIVER IN ERIE OR OTHER PARTS OF NORTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. and HIS TOP RATED and BATTLE-TESTED TEAM of ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, TEEN DRIVER CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS at 814-839-3939 NOW to GET the HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
After protecting your child from countless risks over the years, they just turned 16 and want to apply for their learner’s permit. As highly experienced car accident attorneys, we realize that the statistics on teen collisions are extremely troubling, to say the least. Although you are terrified by the thought of your teen driving, you still feel inclined to give them the keys to the family car. Fortunately, most teen car accidents can be prevented by following proven strategies to improve safety. Teens whose parents set rules and pay attention to them have half the risk of crashing as other teens. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s caring team is strongly committed to ensuring the safety of Erie, Pennsylvania residents. Below, we have listed a few pointers that should help you keep your teen driver accident-free:
- Stress the Importance of Seat Belts: Only 79 percent of drivers in Pennsylvania report that they always wear their seat belts. At least half of all teen drivers and passengers who recently lost their lives in collisions were not wearing their seat belts. It is no secret that seat belts are designed to save lives.
- Sign a Driving Agreement: Before handing the keys over, it is vital to discuss all of the safety concerns that you have. Make sure your teen realizes that driving is a privilege that comes with lots of responsibility. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned lawyers recommend creating a parent-teen driving contract that specifies your rules and expectations.
- Give Your Teen Driving Lessons: As the old saying goes, “Practice makes perfect.” The best way for young drivers to become better is by spending more time behind the wheel. Pick issues that your child is struggling with to practice, such as signaling before changing lanes, proper braking methods, checking blind spots, or failing to yield the right-of-way. Also, ensure your teen gets to drive in a variety of road conditions, like snow, rain, nighttime driving, and highway driving.
- Restrict Passengers: Under Pennsylvania law, new motorists are only permitted to have one non-family member under 18 in their vehicle. After 6 months on a junior license, the limit for passengers under 18 increases to 3. Studies demonstrate that a young driver’s risk of crashing significantly increases with other teens in the vehicle. A 16-year-old’s likelihood of a fatal collision increases by 44 percent with just one passenger.
- Ease Your Teen into Nighttime Driving: Being behind the wheel at night is more dangerous for all drivers and even riskier for inexperienced drivers. Forty-eight percent of all teen collision fatalities happen between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. The combination of visibility challenges, slower reaction times due to fatigue, and more drunk drivers on the road all result in more severe accidents.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading teen collision lawyers have witnessed the catastrophic repercussions that severe injuries can have on victims. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver may be the most important thing you ever do. Our veteran litigators would be honored to help you fight to reclaim everything you have lost. We promise to seamlessly manage your case and make your case hassle-free so that you can concentrate on getting better. Hiring Jed Dietrich, Esq. will provide you with countless benefits, like obtaining earlier and meaningfully larger settlement offers. Please contact our elite team at 814-839-3939 to obtain a complimentary case evaluation and legal support. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is pleased to represent injured victims throughout Erie, Pennsylvania, and all surrounding areas.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!