Rochester, New York, Car Accidents At Stop Light Intersections
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized by Expertise LCC as Best Car Accident Lawyers, Litigate to Demand the Best Outcomes for Victims of Red-Light Intersection Collisions in Rochester, New York, Throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
Intersections tend to be one of the most dangerous spots for drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians alike. There is a higher risk of crashing at an intersection because the traffic moves in several different directions. According to data from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), in a recent year, roughly 40 percent of car accidents were intersection-related. Stop-lights are supposed to control the flow of traffic, reduce accidents, and help keep drivers safe. However, negligent motorists still drive distracted, blow through red lights, and fail to yield the right-of-way. While most drivers stop at red lights, some disregard the safety of others just because they are in a hurry or do not want to wait. Unfortunately, when motorists disregard red lights, severe intersection collisions are bound to happen.
Whether on purpose or unintentionally, just about every driver has run a red light. Some drivers do not even realize that they did not stop until it is too late. Collisions caused by drivers purposely accelerating to avoid stopping at lights can cause devastating injuries or worse. The damages are often more considerable because many intersection-related accidents are side-impact crashes. Suppose that you, or a family member, have suffered life-altering injuries because another driver ran a red light. In that case, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested Rochester, New York personal injury attorneys highly recommend consulting with a lawyer. The faster you hire our elite law firm, the greater likelihood we have of gathering crucial evidence and building a strong claim.
There has never been a better time to retain the legal representation that you deserve. Hire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to prosecute your lawsuit and obtain the compensation that you are entitled to. Pursuing a claim against the careless driver may be the only way to get back on your feet again. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team would like you to know that we take great pride in helping our clients make a complete recovery. Our compassionate attorneys will constantly monitor your medical care and overall health to ensure that you are obtaining the best possible treatment. With over 23 years of exclusively litigating personal injury cases, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a prominent American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has wide-ranging experience fighting cases involving stop-light intersection accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his remarkable team of lawyers, have tried over 100 cases to judgment and easily surpassed $175,000,000.00 in total compensation for our clients. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available 24/7 by calling 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.Top Causes Of Red Light Intersection Collisions
According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), over 50 percent of accident-related injuries and fatalities take place at or close to intersections. Many of these accidents could easily be prevented if more drivers simply obeyed stop light rules. The most common causes of stop-light intersection accidents include:
- Accelerating at Yellow Lights: Impatient drivers racing to make lights often end up entering intersections after the light is already red. Consequently, cars that are turning could end up hitting the driver running the light.
- Slamming on the Brakes: After realizing that it is impossible to make a light, some drivers abruptly apply their brakes. This could still cause the vehicle to enter the intersection or other motorists to rear-end the driver.
- Distracted Drivers: Motorists that are texting, updating social media, or are otherwise too distracted often do not even notice red lights. This could cause other motorists driving through a green light to T-bone them.
- Low Visibility: Inclement weather, such as heavy fog or blinding sun, can make it harder to make out traffic signals.
- Poor Weather Conditions:Heavy rain, snow, or ice could cause a motorist to spin out or lose control and be unable to stop at an intersection.
- Turning: Sometimes, drivers trying to turn left get stranded at intersections, and when the light changes and the other vehicles refuse to wait for the driver to turn. Other drivers may attempt to make right-hand turns on red without stopping to check for oncoming traffic.
DID YOU, OR A NEXT OF KIN, GET SEVERELY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT AT A STOP LIGHT INTERSECTION IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND VETERAN TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, RED-LIGHT INTERSECTION ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Collisions at stop light intersections present a significant risk to both pedestrians and occupants of vehicles. It is important to always pay attention to your surroundings. You should minimize all distractions and pay more attention when approaching an intersection. Even if you have a green light or the right-of-way, you should constantly be looking out for cross traffic. Every time you are approaching an intersection, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced attorneys recommend implementing the following steps to avoid crashing:
- Drive defensively;
- Never take for granted that pedestrians or other vehicles will observe traffic lights or yield the right-of-way;
- When a light turns green, take a few seconds to look both ways before driving into the intersection;
- Always pay attention and scan traffic signals before reaching an intersection so that you are prepared to act;
- When turning right, ensure to look both left and right for oncoming vehicles;
- When encountering a blind intersection, approach it slowly and cautiously until your view is no longer obstructed;
- If the traffic light is out of order, stop and give way to other drivers who arrived before;
- Instead of trying to beat red lights, slow down and prepare to stop;
- If the signal has been green for an extended period, assume it will change and be ready to stop; and
- As you approach an intersection, take your foot off the gas and cover the brake in case of an emergency.
Abiding by these simple safety recommendations can considerably lessen your risk of being the victim of an intersection accident. Our veteran lawyers trust that our tips will help you drive safely. However, even if you are a safe driver, there is still no guarantee a negligent driver will not crash into you. Accident victims owe it to themselves to consult with a battle-tested personal injury attorney.
From questioning witnesses, analyzing police reports, and reconstructing accidents, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Rochester, New York attorneys will determine the truth. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of seasoned stop light intersection accident attorneys make every effort to provide the best possible outcome, which may include economic and non-economic damages, such as hospital bills, lost earnings, life-altering disability, physical therapy, loss of consortium, permanent disfigurement, pain and suffering, and much more. Our tremendous dedication to surpassing your expectations and getting you every dollar that you rate is what makes us the best. If you have any questions about your potential lawsuit, please call us for a complimentary case evaluation. Our leading lawyers are here to help you through your lawsuit from start to finish. You can get in touch with our best of the best attorneys 24/7 by dialing 585-939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!