Rochester, New York, Backing Out Car Accident Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Famed as a Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Painstaking, Passionate, and Persistent Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Aggressively Negotiate Claims to Obtain Astonishing Results for Victims Who were Critically Wounded in Backing Out Car Crashes in Rochester, New York, Throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
Although the average driver spends less than 1 percent of their time behind the wheel backing out, roughly 25 percent of all collisions can be attributed to poor reversing practices. Backing-up collisions can occur anywhere, from crowded parking lots to abandoned alleyways. Car accidents involving a reversing vehicle often have devastating repercussions for everyone unfortunate enough to be involved. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), each year, backing collisions cause approximately 18,000 injuries and 300 fatalities. Victims of this type of accident often suffer severe bodily harm, such as broken bones, traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injuries, internal organ injuries, and brutal crushing injuries. Besides causing bodily harm, backing out crashes also frequently result in costly property damage.
All drivers have a legal duty to only back out when they can do so safely and without causing harm. Unfortunately, far too many motorists reverse their vehicles without even looking behind. A recent study determined that over 90 percent of backing crashes are attributed to drivers being unaware of obstacles behind them or using improper reversing techniques. Were you seriously wounded in Rochester, New York, because another motorist hit your car while carelessly backing out? The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of backing up car crash attorneys is here for you. Our highly experienced litigators are proficient in the tactics that insurance companies undertake. We know how to aggressively negotiate with claims adjusters to obtain the compensation that you deserve. With our legal representation, you may be entitled to damages for lost wages, medical expenses, rehabilitation, life-altering disfigurement, permanent disability, loss of consortium, and much more.
Backing out car accident lawsuits is often very complicated, and the consequences of not hiring a knowledgeable attorney cannot be overstated. Even a slight error could reduce any potential settlement offers and your final compensation award. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we are well equipped to leverage our decades of practice to win your case. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has ardently dedicated the last 23 years of his career to fighting for accident victims. Throughout all of these years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, has litigated thousands of claims, including many backing out accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has zealously battled to obtain over $175 million in judgments and settlements for injured victims in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Our veteran team would be honored to discuss your accident in further detail. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading lawyers provide complimentary and confidential case evaluations. Our elite squad is available around the clock by dialing 585-939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Backing up Collision
Motorists typically do not exercise as much caution while backing out because they are not driving fast or far. Additionally, they are often in a rush to exit from driveways or parking spaces during a short break in traffic. Drivers who violate New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law Section 1211 by failing to back out safely and without interfering with other traffic can be held liable. However, your highly qualified personal injury attorney must first show that the other driver was negligent. Suppose that you were hit by a driver reversing; you should take the following steps to safeguard your legal rights:
- Park somewhere safe and out of the way of traffic;
- Call 911 to report the collision;
- If necessary, request an ambulance or emergency medical treatment;
- Request the responding officer to file an accident report and ask for a copy;
- Obtain the other motorist’s name, license plate number, insurance information, and phone number;
- When it is safe to do so, take photos and videos of the vehicles involved, injuries suffered, and the accident scene;
- Request the names and contact details of any potential witnesses that may be willing to confirm your version of events;
- Never post about your crash or injuries on social media outlets;
- Avoid discussing your accident with others; and
- Contact a seasoned personal injury lawyer for a free, no-obligation consultation.
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, BRUTALLY INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE REVERSING IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, BACKING OUT COLLISION ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Regrettably, the majority of backing-up accidents could easily be prevented if drivers were just more careful. Drivers should always follow proper safety procedures when reversing. Some important recommendations on avoiding a collision while backing out include:
- Know Your Blind Spots: When reversing, it is important to remember that mirrors only provide part of the picture. Therefore, you should always check your blind spots.
- Stay Cautious: Always look and listen for potential dangers before and while backing out.
- Back into an Alley: If an alley does not provide enough room to turn around or permit driving all the way through, you can make exiting easier by backing into it.
- Park Defensively: You should always try to choose parking spaces that are easy to exit and areas that are not as busy.
- Inspect: Before getting into your vehicle, walk around the area and check for any obstructions and clearance-related issues.
- Circumstances Vary: Even if you have reversed out of the same location numerous times, each time poses a unique set of risks. Thus, it is crucial to apply the same amount of caution every time.
- Gradually Reverse: It is important to back up slowly and cautiously to allow other vehicles nearby enough time to stop or steer clear.
- Use a Lookout: If possible, use a spotter when reversing from a busy area.
- Do not Depend Solely on Rear Cameras: Although cameras make backing up safer, you should never rely exclusively on them. Drivers should always physically look behind them before reversing.
- Refrain from Distractions: Anytime you are behind the wheel, your complete attention should be on driving. Avoid using your smartphone, eating, putting your destination into Google Maps, or anything else that will take your focus off of reversing.
The legal process for obtaining compensation after your backing out collision can be stressful and time-consuming. Victims should never be forced to handle their claims without effective legal assistance. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team promises to litigate your case, applying the same strategies that have consistently generated the finest possible outcomes. We take our clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will never pay any up-front fees for our top rated representation. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, at 585-939-3939 for the legal advice you deserve.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!