Recreational Vehicle (RV) Accidents In Rochester, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., and His Committed Team of Personal Injury Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Fight to Obtain the Highest Compensation Possible for Those Injured in Recreational Vehicle Accidents in Rochester, New York.
While RV use is a luxury enjoyed by those who may no longer be tied to their homes by work and children, data provided by the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association tells a more colorful story. More than 11% of households headed by individuals between the ages of 35 and 54 own a recreational vehicle. In fact, the average RV owner is 48. This number exceeds the 9.3% ownership rate of those aged 55 and older. Unfortunately, though, RV ownership is not without its pitfalls.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), RV accidents result in up to 75,000 hospitalizations each year. However, under the FMCSA, any vehicle with two axles and six tires, including an RV, is considered a “large truck,” so this estimate likely includes other vehicles. Luckily, collisions involving recreational vehicles occur far less often than those involving regular automobiles. Still, despite their relative infrequency, RV accidents can result in more serious injury due to several factors, including vehicle type and driver inexperience. If you were in an RV accident, you might be wondering what your options are. Led by Jed Dietrich, Esq., our team of top-tier injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are here to guide you.
With over two decades of experience representing individuals in personal injury cases, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has acquired $175 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. He has won various cases for individuals injured in car collisions throughout Western New York. If you have been injured in an RV accident in Rochester, New York, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today by calling (585) 939-3939 or visiting us online for a free consultation. Our team of recreational vehicle accident attorneys in Rochester, New York, is standing by to offer you unparalleled legal representation in your personal injury case. Our office is open 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.RV Accident Causes
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, motor vehicle accidents are among the most common causes of unintentional injury in the United States. Distracted driving and unsafe speed are often to blame when it comes to such collisions. However, operating an RV comes with additional risks, such as:
- Rollovers, Sideswipes, and Tilting: Some causes of these types of accidents include unsafe speed, sharp turns, tire blowouts, and underinflated tires. Moreover, unlike cars with lower centers of gravity, recreational vehicles are at higher risk of rollover due to windy weather, making poorly balanced vehicle weight a common cause of collisions.
- Rear-Ends: Though RVs are significantly different from regular automobiles, no special licensing is required for an individual to operate a recreational vehicle. As with some of the above accident types, rear-ends are often the result of driver inexperience. Other common—and related—causes include overcorrection or oversteering.
These accidents can result in various injuries ranging from cuts and lacerations to head trauma and spinal cord damage. Regardless of the severity of your injury, a collision of this nature is traumatic. Our top-rated Rochester recreational vehicle accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are eager to provide you with the guidance you need. Call us at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online for a free consultation.Liability
In New York State, RV insurance coverage includes:
- Bodily Injury: Bodily injury coverage helps cover the injured party’s medical expenses, such as hospital bills and prescriptions related to the accident.
- Property Damage: This coverage helps cover property damage caused by the accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection insurance helps cover the cost of medical expenses regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist: This coverage kicks in when the RV operator gets into an accident with a driver who either does not carry insurance or does not have enough coverage on their policy to cover the costs associated with the accident.
An RV owner’s negligence and subsequent failure to secure proper insurance should not prohibit you from seeking compensation. If you have been injured in a recreational vehicle accident in Rochester, New York, do not hesitate to contact us. Our skilled Rochester recreational vehicle accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are prepared to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us at (585) 939-3939 or visit us online, and we will give you a free consultation.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES IN AN RV ACCIDENT
IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS COMMITTED TEAM OF ROCHESTER,
NEW YORK, RECREATIONAL VEHICLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN
THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do not charge you until we WIN for you!