Niagara Falls, New York, Parking Lot Car Accident Lawyers
Please Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Battle-Tested Attorneys if You were the Victim of a Parking Lot Car Crash in Niagara Falls, New York. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Veteran Litigator, has Tried Over 100 Lawsuits to Verdicts and Promises to Fight to Obtain the Best Possible Result for Your Case.
Over one thousand visitors flock to Niagara Falls, New York, every day. Whether you come for the amazing group of waterfalls, miles of hiking trails, or the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, USA, chances are that you used a parking lot. Many locals and tourists alike take for granted that parking lots are safe. However, most people are shocked to discover that car parking lot car accidents are extremely prevalent. According to the National Safety Council, one in five collisions occurs inside a parking lot. The number of accidents is thought to be much higher than insurance claims reveal because many minor fender-benders go unreported. Reports from various car insurance companies indicate that accident claims surge on Black Friday and continue to be high throughout the holiday shopping season.
Although parking lots may not seem very dangerous, the average car park can be hectic and chaotic. A high density of pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, and even shopping carts are often moving in every possible direction. Not to mention, both drivers and pedestrians are often preoccupied with various other elements. As many as two-thirds of all motorists behind the wheel at shopping centers are distracted. While many parking lot collisions are not high-impact, they can still involve costly property damage, severe injuries, and worse. For instance, after a tractor-trailer that was carrying liquid hydrogen, a highly flammable substance, hit a light pole while trying to turn around in a Wegmans parking lot, Niagara County Emergency Services was forced to evacuate the whole neighborhood. Suppose that you, or someone close to you, were involved in a parking lot collision caused by another’s negligence. In that case, it is imperative to consult with a highly qualified personal injury attorney for more information about your legal rights.
When you are looking to retain an attorney to take your parking lot crash claim, you must consider the lawyer’s experience and past performance in similar cases. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our elite lawyers have decades of practice litigating all types of car accident claims. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, has secured more than $175 million in judgments and settlements for injured victims throughout New York State and beyond. We take great pride in fighting for the legal rights of victims and possess both the expertise and resources to get you the highest possible compensation. When you are ready to learn how the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading attorneys can help you, please call us. Our best-of-the-best team is available 24/7 by dialing (716) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. We would be honored to provide you with a free lawsuit assessment and consultation.The Severe Consequences of Parking Lot Crashes
Similar to other types of car accidents, victims of parking lot collisions can suffer life-altering injuries or worse. On average, roughly 60,000 people suffer injuries in parking lot crashes each year. Even accidents involving parked cars can be deadly. According to statistics from the Insurance Information Institute (III), in a recent year alone, 459 victims lost their lives in collisions with parked cars, and another 10,949 died in accidents with fixed objects. Victims often suffer a broad range of injuries in parking lot accidents, including:
- Seat belt injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Nerve damage;
- Internal injuries and organ damage;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Crush-related injuries;
- Neck and spinal cord injuries;
- Permanent scarring and disfigurements; and
- Shattering disabilities.
Additionally, being severely hurt in a parking lot collision can leave you with long-term pain and suffering, limited mobility, depression, extreme anxiety, and other psychological issues. In some cases, victims may be forced to take significant time off from work or be unable to go back to work at all.
HAVE YOU, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU LOVE, BEEN BRUTALLY INJURED IN A PARKING LOT CAR CRASH RESULTING FROM ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN NIAGARA FALLS, THROUGHOUT NIAGARA COUNTY, OR ANY OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
IF SO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CONFRONT THIS TOUGH SITUATION ALONE. PLEASE CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND SEASONED TEAM OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK PARKING LOT ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Parking lots are extremely common locations for accidents. Just because you are not on the road, please do not let your guard down. You can protect yourself and your loved ones from a devastating parking lot accident by adhering to a few simple recommendations. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys recommend the following tips to stay safe in a parking lot:
- Drive Defensively: Other motorists may put your life at risk by cutting across empty rows, ignoring stop signs, or driving too fast. Always proceed slowly to allow extra time to react to erratic drivers and unexpected situations. Drive especially cautiously when backing up or turning. Furthermore, watch for vehicles backing out and pay particular attention to their blind spots.
- Park Prudently: Even if you park courteously and do not impede on other parking spots, another careless driver could still scratch your car. Preclude parking too close to other vehicles and in tight spots to prevent unnecessary door dings.
- Pay Attention: The average driver has plenty of distractions that make it difficult to focus behind the wheel. If you are sipping on your hot coffee, looking at your shopping list, or checking on your kids in the back, even these small things can distract you from driving. Consequently, you are less likely to notice someone cutting you off or slamming on their brakes.
- Watch Out for Pedestrians: Crowded parking lots are often full of pedestrians walking to and from their vehicles. These people are frequently distracted and pay little attention to their surroundings. Some pedestrians even walk in front of oncoming traffic and expect drivers to stop for them. You must also watch out for individuals walking in-between parked cars. In most situations, you are obligated to give them the right of way.
- Use Your Turn Signals: Unfortunately, many motorists neglect to properly apply their turn signals when driving in parking lots. This can result in unnecessary collisions. Whether you are turning into a spot, turning into a new aisle, pulling out of a spot, or pulling out of an aisle, turn signals should be used to inform other motorists and pedestrians of your intentions.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced team of lawyers trusts that the above suggestions will help you avoid common parking lot collisions. Our compassionate attorneys want both Niagara Falls, New York locals, and visitors to stay accident-free. However, if you are unfortunate enough to endure a parking lot crash, we strongly advise you to contact our elite litigators immediately. Please do not allow your medical expenses to continue accumulating while you wait for the responsible party or their insurance adjuster to offer a settlement. Your case will be much easier with the Dietrich Legal Team’s top rated lawyers aggressively litigating for you. We understand the distinct characteristics and nuances of parking lot crashes and can use these to your advantage. Contact us now at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Niagara Falls, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!