Failing To Secure Wheelchair Passengers Inside Of Ambulettes Injury Lawyers In Erie County, New York
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has Provided His Clients with the Maximum Level of Personal Injury Representation Available in the Industry. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Our Veteran Litigators Pledge to Demand the Finest Outcome for Your Ambulette Accident Caused by Attendants Failing to Strap Your Wheelchair in Erie County, New York.
According to the National Household Travel Survey (NHTS), in a recent year alone, an estimated 13.4 million Americans ages 18 to 64 have been forced to deal with travel-limiting disabilities. Additionally, approximately 11.2 million Americans age 65 and older also cope with travel-limiting disabilities. Those with disabilities are less likely to own vehicles and drive than individuals without disabilities. This results in people with disabilities making far fewer trips per day. Fortunately, ambulette companies and other paratransit services help make rides more accessible for wheelchair users. Wheelchair transport vans must be equipped with special wheelchair tie-down straps and passenger belts to ensure passengers stay safe. However, properly securing a wheelchair inside the transport van can be a labor-intensive and time-consuming process.
Failing to secure a wheelchair inside of an ambulette is an incredibly dangerous practice. Even in normal conditions, if the driver stops suddenly or swerves, a wheelchair can slide out of place or tip and cause overwhelming injuries. Not to mention, wheelchairs or passengers that are not fastened down can be violently thrown and become airborne in the event of a collision. While unsecured passengers are known for suffering devastating injuries, other passengers who are properly secured inside of the ambulette have little protection from unfastened wheelchairs slamming into them. When wheelchair users are negligently transported to their destinations by careless ambulette drivers, catastrophic mishaps can result in life-altering injuries, long-lasting pain, and substantial deterioration of their overall health.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our battle-tested attorneys specialize in wheelchair transportation injury claims, including accidents caused by being improperly secured. Suppose that you have been the victim of an ambulette attendant’s negligent use of wheelchair restraints. In that case, we know that you have suffered greatly and believe that you deserve thoughtful, devoted, and proven legal representation. Please allow our dedicated litigators to use their decades of practice to fight your case and get the result that you deserve. With decades of experience negotiating 7 and 8-figure settlements, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has the expertise and skills needed to ensure that you receive the highest possible compensation for your injuries. You may be able to obtain full compensation for all present and future hospital bills, pain and suffering, lost salary and benefits from missing work, loss of independence, loss of consortium, and much more. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best attorneys are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Call our elite lawyers now at 716-839-3939 to discover more about how we can support your claim.What Services Do Ambulette Companies Offer Passengers
When coping with disabilities, incapacitating injuries, debilitating health conditions, or even old age, wheelchair users cannot always just hop in their vehicles. Additionally, ride services like Uber and Lyft are typically not equipped to properly cater to wheelchair passengers. Consequently, many individuals with mobility issues rely on specially designed wheelchair transport vans. Ambulette providers are regularly contracted by private health insurance companies, Veterans Affairs (VA), Medicare, and Medicaid to get wheelchair users to and from medical appointments. Some common examples of transportation provided by ambulettes include:
- Picking wheelchair users up from hospital discharges;
- Taking passengers to dialysis treatments;
- Driving nursing home residents to various activities;
- Transporting wheelchair users to shopping centers, grocery stores, or other routine errands;
- Driving passengers in need of urgent care;
- Taking wheelchair users to rehabilitation sessions;
- Bringing children with special needs to and from school;
- Driving passengers to outpatient procedures;
- Door-to-door transportation services for retirement community members; and
- Transportation for pre-scheduled doctor’s checkups.
DID YOU, OR A DISABLED RELATIVE, SUFFER ACUTE INJURIES CAUSED BY AN AMBULETTE DRIVER’S FAILURE TO STRAP YOUR WHEELCHAIR IN ERIE COUNTY OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS PRACTICED AND HIGHLY RATED TEAM OF ERIE COUNTY, NEW YORK, AMBULETTE WHEELCHAIR TRANSPORT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 TODAY TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Are you searching for an ambulette transportation company for yourself or a family member? Finding the right service provider to drive you to and from your destination requires adequate research and planning. Subject to your overall health and particular needs, selecting the best ambulette company can be a lengthy and cumbersome process. As you begin looking for a safe non-emergency medical transportation company, below the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s caring team has provided some tips for picking the right service:
- Professionalism: Being in a health condition that requires an ambulette can be difficult on its own. The last thing you want to deal with is rude or unprofessional employees. Attendants are directly responsible for getting passengers to and from their destinations safely. Therefore, employees should always conduct themselves professionally and treat passengers with respect.
- Highly-Trained and Experienced Staff: At a minimum, attendants and drivers must be properly trained in wheeling passengers, loading and unloading procedures, securing wheelchairs in place, and buckling passengers into their chairs. All attendants should also undergo additional training anytime new wheelchair restraint systems are installed.
- Makes Passenger Safety the Highest Priority: It is crucial to select a wheelchair transport service that makes you feel safe and comfortable. Ambulettes providers should always place passenger safety above all else. Dependable services should not have any problem disclosing details about their safety protocols, records of prior injuries, and the type of wheelchair restraint systems they use.
- Affordability: Many wheelchair users are forced to frequently rely on ambulette providers to attend doctor visits and medical checkups. When the cost of the wheelchair transport company is too high, it can become stressful for passengers and their families. Thus, pricing is an important element that should be considered and should be compared whenever you are selecting a service. Always bear in mind that a high price does not necessarily mean superior service and vice versa.
- Well-Conditioned Ambulettes: It is imperative to ensure that the vehicle that will be transporting your loved one is in excellent shape. Accredited services have mechanics that perform routine inspections, maintenance, and repairs on their ambulettes and safety equipment. Regardless of how caring attendants are, defective or deteriorated restraint systems can lead to devastating accidents.
There are many different ambulette transportation companies throughout Erie County, New York. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys trust that our advice will help you choose a safe wheelchair transportation company. Unfortunately, even the best ambulette providers can make mistakes. Presuming that you, or a loved one, have suffered injuries because an attendant failed to secure your wheelchair in place. In that unfortunate event, Jed Dietrich, Esq. would be honored to uncompromisingly litigate your claim to obtain the maximum compensation. Since the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. was established in 2005, our team has become a personal injury litigation powerhouse. Kindly browse through some of our client’s thank you cards to see why Jed Dietrich, Esq. is considered one of the top personal injury attorneys in the country. Please do not hesitate to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned lawyers today at 716-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. Schedule your free case assessment and consultation with our leading attorneys now!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie County, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!