Erie, Pennsylvania, Rear-End Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has Always Fought to Obtain the Maximum Compensation for His Clients. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Elite Attorneys Promise to Aggressively Litigate to Demand the Best Result for Your Erie, Pennsylvania Rear-End Collision.
One minute you are sitting inside of your vehicle at a red light, and in your rear-view mirror, you notice a large truck racing towards you. Another vehicle is directly in front of you, and there is no way for you to avoid the truck from ramming into the back of you. Unfortunately, these types of situations occur far too often in Erie, Pennsylvania, and throughout Northwestern Pennsylvania. Each year, there are approximately 1.7 million rear-end collisions in the United States. These tragic accidents take the lives of about 1,700 victims and injure another 500,000 victims. Even the safest and most cautious motorists can wind up becoming victims of careless or inattentive drivers. The aftermath of any collision can be extremely traumatic, stressful, and confusing.
You should never be forced to deal with the devastating consequences of a rear-end crash without highly qualified legal representation. The importance of retaining a battle-tested personal injury lawyer cannot be overstressed. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his seasoned litigators have assisted thousands of victims and their families in moving on after brutal collisions. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s extraordinary team will do everything possible to hold at-fault motorists responsible for your injuries. Our leading Erie, Pennsylvania, lawyers would be honored to provide you with a free case assessment and consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 814-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. It is imperative to contact us as soon as possible so that our best of the best team can WIN your case!Whiplash Following Rear-End Crashes
Whiplash is an extremely painful soft tissue neck injury that victims commonly suffer in rear-end collisions. The abrupt jolt from the impact of the accident can cause a violent hyperextension or hyperflexion of the victim’s head. This often leads to overstretched and torn tendons, ligaments, cervical muscles, and nerves throughout the neck and spine. Many whiplash injuries occur following rear-enders at speeds as slow as 5 mph. Depending on the force of the impact from being rear-ended, whether you were wearing a seatbelt and any preexisting conditions, the severity of whiplash injuries can significantly vary from mild to critical. Whiplash symptoms frequently suffered by victims of rear-end accidents include:
- Headaches, especially at the base of the skull;
- Neck pain, stiffness, or loss of range of motion;
- Pain in the lower back;
- Numbness and tingling in the neck, shoulders, arms, or hands;
- Unexplained dizziness, which may come and go;
- Pain in the shoulder or between the shoulder blades;
- Short periods of cramping or muscle spasms;
- Ringing in the ears;
- Cognitive fatigue, difficulty concentrating, or brain fog;
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping; and
According to Swedish researchers, women are three times more vulnerable to suffering whiplash than men because women tend to sit higher and closer to the steering wheel. Additionally, the average woman’s total neck muscle volume is smaller than a man’s.
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SERIOUSLY WOUNDED IN A REAR-END COLLISION CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE OR INATTENTIVENESS IN ERIE OR OTHER PARTS OF PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED TEAM OF ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, REAR-END CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 814-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
The majority of rear-enders are caused by distracted drivers and tailgating other vehicles. These accidents commonly occur at intersections, traffic lights, junctions, and roundabouts. Additionally, rear-end crashes tend to take place during rush hour or stop-and-go traffic. Below the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite car accident lawyers have put together important advice on avoiding rear-end collisions:
- Always Signal: Use your turn signals to better communicate and allow other drivers to anticipate your next move.
- Routinely Inspect Your Lights: Regularly check your brake lights, headlights, and turn signals to ensure that they are working properly. If the brake lights on your car are burnt out, other drivers might not notice when you are stopping.
- Avoid Distractions: Distracted driving is the number one cause of all car accidents in the United States. Even a minor distraction could take your attention away from the road for long enough to cause you to smash into the back of another vehicle.
- Maintain a Safe Following Distance: You should avoid tailgating other vehicles at all costs. It is important to remember that the more space you leave in between vehicles, the more reaction time you will have.
- Gently Step on Your Brakes: Try to avoid slamming on your brakes. Instead, slowly apply your brakes to provide cars behind you with enough time to stop.
- Avoid Speeding: You should always drive at a safe speed for the given road conditions. Adjust your speed accordingly for situations involving inclement weather, low visibility, construction, school zones, and heavy traffic congestion.
- Plan Your Route: Drivers who plan their trips can focus more on their driving and avoid potential trouble spots on the road.
- Never Drive Drowsy: Late-night driving and long hours behind the wheel can result in sleepiness and fatigue, which will reduce your ability to perceive hazards and react accordingly. Before going on a long drive, make sure that you get enough sleep. If you start to feel tired behind the wheel, do not be afraid to pull over and take a break.
While there is no foolproof way to prevent being rear-ended by negligent motorists, taking the above measures can significantly reduce your risk of being hit. Suppose that you, or a loved one, find yourself the victim of a rear-ender. In that case, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys strongly suggest contacting our Erie, Pennsylvania, veteran rear-end collision team. The Dietrich Legal Team will determine the most effective litigation strategies to demonstrate liability and settle your claim for the highest possible reward. Please contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned team immediately at 814-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!