Erie, Pennsylvania, Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Committed to Defending the Rights of Car Crash Victims. If You or a Loved One Have Been Injured in a Serious Car Accident That Was Not Your Fault, You Deserve Aggressive Representation and an Attorney Willing to Fight for Your Rights.
A serious automobile accident can have devastating consequences, leaving victims unable to lead independent, fulfilling lives. Even seemingly minor injuries, such as a broken bone or low-grade concussion, could force car crash survivors to take days, weeks, or even months away from work, losing the income they need to provide for their families and keep a roof over their heads. Returning to normalcy could seem impossible.
Since Pennsylvania is a no-fault insurance state, victims may expect their automobile insurance policy to cover the costs of an accident. However, the Keystone State’s no-fault laws have critical limitations. Under most circumstances, a no-fault insurance policy will only allow victims to recover their initial medical expenses and lost wages. If their policy does not have the right coverages, they may be precluded from claiming compensation for emotional pain and suffering, physical rehabilitation, and long-term care.
Fortunately, Pennsylvania car crash survivors need not accept an inadequate insurance settlement. If you or a loved one have been injured in an automobile accident that was not your fault, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent driver who caused your injuries.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is committed to providing unparalleled personal injury service to automobile accident victims across Erie. Since 2005, Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his hardworking, highly experienced team of attorneys have successfully litigated countless car crash claims. We know what it takes to build a compelling, evidence-based claim for recompense—and we have the results to prove it. Please send us a message online or call us at (814) 839-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible.The Most Common Types Of Car Accidents
Erie might not be the largest city in Western Pennsylvania, but its strategic location along the shores of Lake Erie places it among the busiest commercial transportation hubs in the region. Each year, countless vehicles traverse Interstate 90 near Erie, with many detouring into the city before continuing along the AMVETS Memorial Highway or heading south toward Interstates 79 and 80. While Erie’s strategic location might benefit the Flagship City’s economy, heavy traffic can increase the risk of serious collisions. Automobile accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. However, certain types of crashes are more common than others. The most common kinds of car accidents include:
- Front-Impact Collisions: A front-impact collision occurs when the front end of a vehicle hits another car, pedestrian, or object. While front-impact collisions are relatively uncommon, they often have life-changing consequences. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, front-impact collisions account for an estimated 57 percent of serious car accident-related injuries.
- Side-Impact Collisions: A side-impact collision could occur when one vehicle strikes the side of another vehicle. Side-impact crashes are most likely to occur at or around intersections, merging points, and highway interchanges. These collisions are responsible for about 40 percent of all serious car accident-related injuries.
- Left-Turn Collisions: Left-turn collisions may occur at intersections and traffic control signals. While faulty traffic control systems cause some left-turn accidents, many involve negligence. For example, a motorist may speed through a red light, hitting another vehicle that has entered the left-turn lane.
- Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end collisions are the most common type of accident. These collisions typically occur in slow-moving city traffic. However, rear-end collisions could also be caused by poorly maintained vehicles and aggressive, brake-checking drivers.
If you have been injured in an Erie, Pennsylvania, car accident that was not your fault, you deserve more than the insurance adjuster’s excuses: you deserve justice. Jed Dietrich, Esq., could help you stand up to the other motorist’s insurance company by assessing the extent of your car crash-related injuries and building a compelling, evidence-based claim for recompense. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (814) 839-3939 to speak to an attorney and discuss your options for legal relief.The Most Common Car Crash Injuries
Automobile accidents can inflict a wide range of injuries. In general, the severity of a car crash is dependent upon the following:
- The speed of the vehicles involved;
- The angle of impact; and
- The age, health, and unique physical characteristics of the victims.
When car accidents occur at high speeds, victims are more likely to sustain serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. However, even lower-speed accidents can have serious consequences, ranging from broken bones to wrongful death. The most common car accident injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Fractured bones;
- Broken bones;
- Head and neck injuries;
- Back and shoulder injuries;
- Traumatic head injuries;
- Internal organ damage;
- Internal bleeding; and
- Wrongful death.
Unfortunately, even minor collisions and minor injuries could complicate a survivor’s day-to-day life. Whiplash, for example, is a common condition caused by the forceful movement of the neck and head. While whiplash may present immediate symptoms, many victims do not experience any pain or discomfort for days, weeks, and even months after the initial accident. In some cases, whiplash can be a chronic and disabling condition.
HAVE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, BEEN INJURED IN A CAR CRASH
THAT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ERIE,
PENNSYLVANIA, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT
(814) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE
HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages are tangible damages that correlate with an easily calculable dollar amount. Your economic damages could include your past medical expenses, physical rehabilitation costs, and lost work income.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are intangible and must be calculated using legal formulas. Your non-economic damages could include compensation for emotional pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and etc.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are damages intended to punish a wrongdoer for gross misconduct. The judge or the jury might award punitive damages if the at-fault motorist was especially reckless or negligent.
If you wait too long to contact an attorney and initiate your claim, the statute of limitations could expire. Once the statute of limitations lapses, the court could automatically dismiss your claim, preventing you from receiving any compensation. Do not let justice evade you. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (814) 839-3939 to speak to an experienced Erie car crash lawyer and explore your options for rapid legal relief.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (814) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!