Suppose that you, or a family member, has been severely injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or even recklessness. In such an unfortunate case, it is only natural to want the finest personal injury lawyer you can find. While many attorneys may be able to provide you with competent legal advice, certain traits distinguish good lawyers from the best.
Top Qualities That Your Personal Injury Attorney Should Possess
If you are searching for the right attorney to litigate your case, we recommend focusing on the following qualities:
- Experience: Lawyers hone their expertise, knowledge, and skills by litigating claims. While law school teaches lawyers how to perform legal research and write legal arguments, it does little to prepare them to manage lawsuits from beginning to end.
- Investigative Skills: Lawsuits are won by proving that the other party caused the victim’s injuries. Thus, every great lawyer should appreciate the value of performing a thorough independent investigation to gather and preserve vital evidence. More complicated claims often require assistance from a network of specialists, such as financial advisers, medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation experts, and accident reconstruction experts.
- Negotiation Skills: Most personal injury lawsuits are settled outside of court. To obtain the highest possible settlement, you need a lawyer who is a savvy negotiator and skilled mediator.
- Courtroom Experience: Many lawyers lack any meaningful courtroom experience, and some will even refuse to go to trial. Nevertheless, insurance companies and defense teams consider the plaintiff’s attorney’s trial experience when valuing a claim. You want a lawyer who would not shy away from taking your case to trial if necessary.
- Highly Recognized: When an attorney provides his clients with the highest level of personal injury representation, elite organizations will typically recognize these efforts. Furthermore, Google 5-Star ratings, a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, and prior client testimonials can all be excellent indicators of the lawyer’s quality of service.
- Specialized Practice: You want a lawyer who exclusively litigates personal injury claims. An attorney who tries to manage cases in several different areas of law will not be capable of dedicating their time to excel in personal injury litigation.
- Genuine Compassion: Suffering a severe injury can be one of the most distressing ordeals someone can endure. You deserve a compassionate lawyer who genuinely cares about you and your loved ones.
Consult With Our Elite Western New York Personal Injury Attorneys To Determine Your Next Move
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our battle-tested lawyers will do everything possible to obtain the best possible compensation for your accident. Our outstanding team of injury lawyers is available twenty-four-seven by calling 716-839-3939 or completing the online consultation form.