The Attorney-Client Relationship
When you hire a personal injury attorney to litigate your accident case, knowing that you have certain rights as a client is crucial. Strict standards of ethical and professional responsibility bind personal injury lawyers. The relationship between an attorney and their client should be based on confidence and trust. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our battle-tested litigators believe in building strong relationships with our clients. We take the attorney-client relationship exceptionally seriously and are dedicated to treating every client with the respect, consideration, and compassion they deserve.
Rights And Privileges That Your Attorney Should Provide
As a client, you should be able to expect the following from your attorney:
- Your Attorney will Handle Your Case with Competence and Diligence: Your claim may be the only way for you to get back on your feet again. While obtaining compensation may be very important, it is also about justice. When incompetent attorneys make foolish mistakes, they can substantially impact their clients’ cases. A proficient attorney will pursue your lawsuit with the highest standard of care.
- You Should Be Treated with Consideration and Courtesy: Suffering any injury can be stressful and overwhelming. Although the insurance adjusters may scrutinize your version of events, your attorney should always treat you with kindness and respect.
- Your Attorney’s Loyalty: As a trusted legal adviser, your attorney must provide independent professional judgment. This includes giving you unbiased counsel and not having conflicts of interest while representing you.
- A Reasonable Fee Arrangement: All personal injury cases in New York State must be litigated on a contingency basis. This means your attorney can only seek a fee after your lawsuit is settled or won in court. As per New York law, the standard contingency fee percentage is one-third of the recovery.
- A Fiduciary Duty: As fiduciaries, lawyers have to treat you with the utmost loyalty, good faith, honesty, and decency. A lawyer should treat your lawsuit as their case.
- Confidential Communication: Personal injury claims often involve sensitive matters.
- Strict Adherence to Ethics: Your attorney should always be completely transparent and fight for your best interests.
- Respect Your Objective: While your lawyer should advise you on the pros and cons of settling your claim versus fighting it in court, the decision is ultimately yours.
Do You Need Top-Notch Legal Advice Regarding Your Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured in an accident, you deserve an attorney who truly cares about your well-being. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we prioritize our clients and take their claims seriously. We promise to devote the necessary time and resources to resolve your case successfully. Obtain your free, no-strings-attached consultation and case evaluation today. Our leading lawyers are available twenty-four-seven by calling 716-839-3939 or completing the online consultation form.