3 FAQs About New York State Construction Accidents
- Do I Need a Lawyer Because of a Construction Accident Injury?
- How Much is My Construction Accident Injury Case Worth?
- What Should I do if I was Injured in a Construction Accident?
YES! In New York State, once you suffer a construction accident injury, the clock starts to tick. There are strict time deadlines applicable to injury cases, and if you do not file a claim within that period of time, you will no longer have a right to bring a claim or seek the compensation that you deserve. Therefore, it is important that you call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 to preserve your rights.
If you were injured in a construction accident in New York State, the following time limitations are generally applicable to brining an injury claim:
- Negligence causing personal injury – 3 years from the date of incident; and
- Wrongful death action – 2 years from the date of death.
No two construction accident injury claims are the same. However, there are some common factors that lawyers, insurance companies and juries will consider when assessing the value of a construction accident injury case. These include:
- The diagnosis and the extent of the construction worker’s injuries;
- Whether the worker’s injuries are permanent;
- The medical treatment, pain and suffering and lost time from work that resulted from the construction accident;
- Whether the injured worker has suffered a loss of enjoyment of life as a result of the physical or mental anguish suffered; and
- Whether the injured worker’s own acts or negligence was a contributing factor to their injuries.
- Immediately report the incident and your injuries to management or a supervisor—preferably in writing;
- Seek medical treatment;
- Take cell phone videos and photographs of the location of the injury, equipment involved and any injuries that resulted;
- Identify and collect contact information of all witnesses; and
- Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately for top rated construction accident representation in Buffalo, New York.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!