Rochester, New York, Pin-In Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Acclaimed as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Superior Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers, Assertively Litigate Lawsuits to Secure the Greatest Outcomes for Victims of Pin-In Car Crashes in Rochester, New York, throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
While car crashes can be caused by various factors, most accidents result from negligent drivers. Pin-in car accidents happen when victims get trapped in the wreckage or stuck inside the vehicle. This typically occurs when the impact of a crash is so violent that it compresses the vehicle’s body or causes it to roll over. Accidents involving pin-ins are especially common when larger vehicles, such as commercial trucks, smash into smaller passenger vehicles. Regrettably, victims of these severe collisions can suffer devastating bodily harm or death. Even when victims are fortunate enough to escape injuries from the powerful impact, they can still endure life-altering injuries caused by being jammed in the wreckage. Consequently, it is no surprise that victims of pin-ins tend to suffer more spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries when compared to other car crashes.
Pin-in accidents frequently require highly trained emergency responders to dismantle vehicles and extract the victims without inflicting further harm. The jaws of life, a special hydraulic rescue tool, are often used in these situations to cut through steel and separate car metal to rescue trapped occupants. Additionally, the ram’s piston is capable of delivering 10,000 pounds per square inch of pushing force to free up victims. Suppose that you, or a family member, have been involved in a pin-in car crash caused by another’s negligence. In that case, you are legally entitled to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver. It is extremely important to seek the representation of a highly-qualified car accident attorney to ensure that all responsible parties are held liable for their actions.
For more than twenty-two years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has fiercely litigated serious personal injury cases, including several pin-ins. Over the years, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite attorneys have acquired the expertise and knowledge required to successfully negotiate even the most complex claims. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has won over $175 million in judgments and settlements for injured clients in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team would be honored to provide you with a complimentary and confidential case evaluation and consultation. Our enthusiastic commitment to surpassing your expectations and delivering an exceptional outcome is one of the many characteristics that separate us from the competition. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 585-939-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Please call our top rated team today to discuss your potential pin-in car accident claim.Common Internal Injuries Associated With Pin-Ins
Every type of car accident carries the risk of serious injuries to all of those involved. However, victims that get pinned into the ruins of crushed vehicles are even more vulnerable. These victims are highly susceptible to suffering debilitating injuries and fatalities. While external injuries to pin-in occupants may be obvious, internal injuries often go undetected. Frequently occurring internal injuries include the following:
- Ruptured Spleen: A ruptured spleen can happen when the surface of this organ gets damaged. Without emergency treatment, internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen can be fatal.
- Pneumothorax: This condition, commonly known as a collapsed lung, occurs when a lung is punctured, and the chest cavity becomes flooded with air.
- Intracranial Hematoma: Due to the force of a crash, blood vessels inside of the brain can burst. As the blood collects underneath the skull, it can place life-threatening pressure on the victim’s brain.
- Liver Injury: When the liver sustains trauma, it can cause a liver laceration or contusion. Victims who suffer severe liver damage face double the risk of dying as those with moderate liver injuries.
- Kidney Trauma: Kidney injuries in pin-ins can be caused by blunt or penetrating traumas. Both types of kidney trauma may require lifetime dialysis or a transplant.
The longer someone is trapped inside a crushed car, the higher risk that he or she endures irreversible harm or succumbs to their injuries. It is not uncommon for pin-in victims to sustain permanent disabilities, especially if he or she undergoes brain trauma or internal bleeding. Most injuries associated with pin-ins require immediate medical treatment.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A PIN-IN CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S CARELESSNESS IN ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY DEVOTED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK PIN-IN CAR CRASH INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Various factors, such as driving under the influence, reckless driving, speeding, distracted driving, bad weather conditions, and driving while fatigued, can lead to pin-in car accidents. Cars involved in pin-ins often spin out of control, flip, or smash into objects due to the impact of other vehicles. Knowing how to protect yourself can help prevent you from getting trapped inside the wreckage. Below are some important suggestions to help you avoid suffering a devastating pin-in:
- Practice defensive driving;
- Obey the rules of the road;
- Drive a vehicle with modern safety features, like front and side airbags;
- Be cautious behind the wheel, especially in low visibility and other poor driving conditions;
- Whenever possible, avoid driving during inclement weather conditions, such as snow, ice, and rain;
- Always wear your seatbelt;
- Try to stay up-to-date on hazardous road conditions, such as large potholes, missing guardrails, debris, and inadequate signage;
- Be especially careful driving around semi-trailers and other large commercial trucks;
- Always keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the car in front;
- Avoid driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol at all costs;
- Continuously keep your eyes on the road and stay clear of all distractions; and
- Avoid making sudden shifts in your speed and direction.
Our leading team understands that victims seriously injured in pin-in car accidents may require long-term hospitalization, repeated surgeries, and extensive rehabilitation. Even with the best insurance policy, a victim’s hospital bills alone may be enough to cause insolvency. Victims may be incapable of working for several weeks at a time, if at all. For this reason, it is crucial to seek the highest compensation allowable by law. Just because someone is a lawyer does not mean that they have what it takes to successfully litigate your claim. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. vows to fight uncompromisingly for you every step of the way and help you obtain the compensation that you need to move on in life. Please contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his battle-tested team of Rochester, New York, car accident injury lawyers now at 585-939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!