Rochester, New York, Winter Car Accident Injury Lawyers
The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., Is Committed to Providing Unparalleled Personal Injury Service to Anyone Who Was Injured in a Rochester, New York, Winter Car Accident.
Rochester has a longstanding reputation as one of the snowiest large cities in the United States. In recent years, the Flower City has all but lived up to this reputation, receiving record-setting storms and unprecedented snowfall. While Rochester’s lake-effect storms may prove welcome to winter weather lovers across the region, cold weather and deep snow can make everyday life all the more difficult. Traffic authorities have long recognized that snow, sleet, and ice increase motorists’ risk of being involved in an automobile accident. According to the American Meteorological Society, even light snowfall can exercise an outsized impact on collisions, increasing drivers’ probability of being in a fatal crash by up to 34%. Winter car accidents are also substantially more likely to result in non-fatal injuries than collisions that occur on dry roads.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes that nobody should be driven into debt because of another motorist’s negligence. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a Rochester car accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Our experienced team of attorneys has helped our clients secure more than $175 million in damages—money they have used to not only clear their medical debt but rebuild their lives in the aftermath of a tragic accident. We could help you, too. Please send us a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.The Most Common Causes Of Winter Weather Car Crashes
Everybody who has to drive in a Rochester winter knows that navigating snow-covered roads can be as challenging as it is dangerous. While freezing precipitation makes it more difficult for vehicles to maintain traction and brake efficiently, winter driving presents risks beyond weather. Accidents can be caused by:
- Poor Road Conditions: A motor vehicle’s braking power is largely dependent on its ability to maintain friction, both in its own brake pads and with the road surface. Snow and other forms of precipitation can decrease friction and make it more difficult for a vehicle to brake and perform routine maneuvers.
- Inexperienced Drivers: The risks of winter driving are amplified by inexperience. New motorists, as well as out-of-state visitors and commercial truck drivers, may lack the experience needed to drive safely in winter storm conditions.
- Negligent Motorists: While most Rochester residents have had plenty of practice navigating snow-covered roads, many motorists—perhaps over-confident in their abilities—drive too fast for conditions, placing themselves and everyone around them in danger.
- Unmaintained Surfaces: The City of Rochester and the Monroe County Department of Transportation are responsible for clearing Rochester’s public roadways. However, homeowners and private businesses are also expected to maintain the sidewalks adjacent to their property as well as any parking lots or other paved surfaces under their control. If private individuals fail to maintain reasonably safe surfaces, they increase the risk of an accident occurring on their property and could be found liable for negligence.
- Intoxicated Motorists: The National Safety Council has found that automobile accidents typically spike during the winter holidays, especially between Christmas and New Year’s Day. While holiday car crashes can be caused by inclement weather conditions as well as traffic, intoxication remains a leading cause of collisions.
While some winter car crashes have no cause beyond unpredictable weather, many accidents could be avoided if motorists exercised a reasonable standard of care. If you have been injured by another driver’s negligence, you have options beyond debt and bankruptcy. Under New York law, you are entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could help you make a compelling case for recovery, investigating the circumstances of your accident to prove to the insurance company and the court that you deserve compensation. Please call us at 585-939-3939 to speak to a legal professional and schedule your 100% free initial consultation.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE BEEN INJURED IN A ROCHESTER OR MONROE COUNTY WINTER CAR CRASH THAT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT?
YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION, BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT FAST: THERE ARE STRICT TIME CONSTRAINTS APPLICABLE TO ALL PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS. IF YOU WAIT TOO LONG, YOUR CASE COULD BE AUTOMATICALLY DISMISSED.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA, estimates that 2.74 million people were injured in vehicle crashes in a single recent year. While many low-speed crashes do not result in significant injuries, the severity of a collision is often dependent on factors such as:
- Whether the victim was wearing a seat belt;
- The angle of impact; and
- The speed of both vehicles.
Since winter weather conditions can reduce vehicles’ braking power and make it more difficult to perform otherwise routine maneuvers, snow-related crashes can have unusual characteristics that exacerbate victims’ chances of injury. Common winter crash injuries include:
- Serious bruises and contusions;
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Broken or fractured bones;
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash;
- Traumatic head injuries, such as concussions and intracranial bleeding;
- Internal bleeding;
- Organ damage;
- Loss of limb;
- Scarring; and
- Wrongful death.
If you have been injured in a winter car crash that was not your fault, you have the legal right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the person or parties responsible for your accident-related injuries. The potential defendants in a car crash claim could include:
- A negligent motorist;
- An undertrained or inexperienced commercial vehicle driver;
- A trucking company;
- A vehicle maker or automotive parts manufacturer; and
- A government agency or private entity that failed to remove accumulations of snow or ice within a reasonable timeframe.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has decades of experience fighting for the rights of Rochester and Monroe County car accident victims. Our experienced team of attorneys knows what it takes to create a compelling, evidence-based claim for recompense. If the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate in good faith, we could take them to court. Do not let your rights lapse under the statute of limitations. Please send the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. a message online or call us at 585-939-3939 to schedule your consultation as soon as possible.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!