Rochester, New York, New Year's Eve Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Is Recognized as A Best Lawyer of America and An American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of The Year. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. And Its Experienced Team of Attorneys Are Committed to Defending the Rights of Anyone Who Has Been Injured in a Holiday Car Crash in or Around Rochester.
The holiday season remains among the most dangerous times to travel on New York roadways. While estimates vary, researchers believe that up to 50% of recent-year holiday collisions involve intoxicated motorists. Unfortunately, Rochester is no exception to this seasonal trend: officials with Monroe County’s STOP-DWI program have said that late December is the deadliest time of the year for drunk driving accidents. For most, the costs of a car crash can be catastrophic, with the potential to upend career plans and eradicate savings. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that a single automobile accident-related emergency room visit averages $3,300, while each hospitalization could cost close to $60,000. Even families with high-quality health insurance coverage may find themselves struggling to pay down ever-growing medical debt.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured by a drunk driver in or around Rochester, you could be entitled to significant compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. However, filing a lawsuit without the right assistance could create unexpected challenges, especially if the insurance company refuses to recognize your rights to recompense. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes that nobody should ever have to pay the price for another person’s mistake. Our experienced team of attorneys has spent decades aggressively advocating for the rights of injured Monroe County motorists. We could help you, too. Please send us a message online or call Jed Dietrich, Esq., at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.New Year’s Eve Car Accident Facts
Each year, tens of millions of Americans travel during the winter holiday season. In a recent survey, the American Automobile Association found that more than 109 million people planned to leave home to visit family or take a vacation between December 23rd and January 2nd. While the holidays can be a time of joy, increased road traffic also heralds a greater risk of automobile accidents. The United States Department of Transportation’s Traffic Safety Facts report states that the following periods experience more collisions than any other time of the year:
- Christmas to New Year’s Day;
- Thanksgiving Weekend;
- Labor Day Weekend; and
- Fourth of July Weekend.
Of these four major holiday periods, Christmas to New Year’s Day is by far the most dangerous, with over 1,000 traffic fatalities reported annually. This worrying trend could be explained by the following:
- Busier Roads: Rochester is the second-largest city in Western New York. Between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve, tens of thousands of people visit the Flower City, which boasts festive events from the Holiday Laser Show at the Strasenburgh Planetarium to large-scale celebrations at Iron Smoke and Bitter Honey.
- Inclement Weather: Monroe County’s proximity to Lake Ontario and Lake Eerie makes Rochester among the snowiest large cities in the United States, averaging more than eight feet of snowfall per year. While winter sports aficionados might enjoy the opportunity to ski and snowboard, snow and ice make driving dangerous, boosting the risk of serious automobile accidents.
- Drunk Driving: Most Americans who enjoy alcohol over the holidays drink responsibly. Unfortunately, some people endanger themselves—and the public—by taking the wheel while intoxicated. Although the Rochester Police Department increases traffic patrols during the holidays, law enforcement cannot stop and detain every drunk driver.
If you have been injured by a reckless, intoxicated, or otherwise negligent motorist, you could hold the at-fault driver liable for your damages. A recognized Super Lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., is committed to providing his clients with the highest level of personal injury service. When we accept a new personal injury case, we pursue every available legal strategy to ensure that Rochester car accident victims obtain the compensation they need and the justice they deserve. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at (585) 939-3939 to schedule your free consultation.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE BEEN INJURED BY A RECKLESS, INTOXICATED, OR OTHERWISE NEGLIGENT DRIVER IN OR AROUND ROCHESTER?
YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION, BUT YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: THERE ARE STRICT TIME CONSTRAINTS APPLICABLE TO ALL AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIMS. IF YOU WAIT TOO LONG TO TAKE ACTION, YOUR CASE COULD BE AUTOMATICALLY DISMISSED BY THE COURT.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
New York law affords accident victims the right to file a claim for damages against the at-fault motorist. However, securing equitable compensation is not always easy. Since insurance companies are for-profit enterprises, offering a fair settlement is rarely in their best interests. Consequently, adjusters will typically do everything in their power to devalue and deny car accident claims, even if it means:
- Asking that you provide a recorded statement so that they can use your own words against you;
- Demanding that you consent to independent medical examinations, even after you have already provided your records; and
- Advising you against speaking to an experienced Rochester personal injury attorney, despite studies indicating that claimants with legal representation are more likely to obtain better settlements.
You do not have to let the insurance company’s profiteering undermine your rights. You could protect yourself by:
- Seeking immediate medical attention, even if you do not think that you have been seriously injured;
- Calling 9-1-1 or reporting the accident directly to the Rochester Police Department or the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office;
- Collecting evidence from the crash site by photographing the damage to your vehicle, any physical injuries, and nearby traffic control devices that may have played a role in your accident;
- Asking eyewitnesses for their full names, phone numbers, and other contact information; and
- Speaking to an experienced Rochester car accident lawyer before opening negotiations with the insurance company.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. knows that getting justice after a Rochester holiday car crash could seem impossible. However, our highly experienced team of battle-tested attorneys is dedicated to advocating for our clients’ rights, no matter the obstacles. Please send us a message online or call us at (585) 939-3939 to discuss your options for legal recourse.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!