Rochester Personal Injury: What Is a Settlement?
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Is Recognized as A Super Lawyer Who Knows What It Takes to Obtain Justice. Recognized as a Best Attorney in America, Jed Dietrich, Esq., Is Committed to Providing Unparalleled Personal Injury Service. When We Accept a Case, We Aggressively Advocate for the Compensation Our Clients Need and The Justice They Deserve.
A serious accident could have life-altering consequences. Even if your injuries do not necessitate hospitalization or long-term care, you may be forced to take time away from work, depriving you of the income you need to provide for your family and keep a roof over your head. Fortunately, New York State permits the victims of negligence to file claims for recompense, whether through an insurance agency or in a court of law.
However, only a small percentage of personal injury cases ever go to trial. After you retain an attorney, they may enter negotiations with the insurance company, a reckless motorist, or another liable party on your behalf. They will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and construct a compelling case for recompense. Once they have finished assessing your damages, they will present the defendant with a settlement offer.
While negotiating a settlement can take time, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s experienced team of attorneys could help you attain the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. We have been recognized as a Best Law Firm in America because we are committed to providing each of our clients with the highest level of personal injury service. Since our founding in 2005, we have helped clients across Rochester and Western New York secure more than $175 million in damages. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, our team could work with you to provide the legal relief you need and the justice you deserve. Please send us a message online or call us at (585) 939-3939 today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Settlement Negotiations
Settlement negotiations can present unexpected challenges, even if you have a seemingly open-and-shut case. Since insurance companies are for-profit enterprises, they seek to protect and preserve their profit margins by paying the least amount of compensation. Adjusters have a variety of strategies to devalue and deny claims. If you have been seriously injured in a Rochester accident, you likely stand your best chance of recovery with an experienced attorney by your side. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could assess the value of your claim by considering:
- The Possible Defendants: The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could increase your likelihood of receiving a fair and equitable settlement by determining who should be held responsible for your injuries. Even if you have been injured in an automobile accident, the at-fault driver may not be the only liable party. For example, you may also be able to pursue additional claims against the manufacturer of a defective automotive part or a business that failed to maintain a private parking lot.
- The Defendant’s Actions: The success of a personal injury case could be contingent on whether the defendant had a duty of care. The duty of care is a legal doctrine that states people must behave in a manner so as to not endanger other people. If a defendant breaches their duty of care by driving recklessly, refusing to perform routine building maintenance, or leaving dangerous products within reach of a child, they could be held liable for damages. However, the defendant’s insurance company or attorney could argue that your misconduct caused or contributed to your accident. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will carefully evaluate the causes of your accident when compiling a settlement offer.
- The Evidence: While you might know exactly what caused your Rochester-area accident, the insurance company will likely demand evidence supporting your claim. You could improve your chances of securing a favorable settlement by gathering evidence in the immediate aftermath of the accident. If you were unable to collect and preserve evidence from your accident, or the insurance company demanded additional documentation, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. could dispatch professional investigators to assess the situation, interview eyewitnesses, and subpoena surveillance camera footage.
- Your Damages: Jed Dietrich, Esq., will take the time to understand the extent and severity of your damages before presenting the insurance company with a settlement offer. We will consider your existing medical expenses, anticipated care costs, work-related losses, emotional pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and disability.
- The Defendant’s Insurance Policy: The defendant’s insurance policy may or may not be adequate to compensate the totality of your losses. If the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. believes you need assistance beyond what the insurance company can offer, we could file claims against the defendant’s revenue sources, holdings, and other assets.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. exclusively represents the victims of negligence. Our experienced team of legal professionals understands and has seen first-hand how a serious injury can devastate an individual’s health, wealth, and mental well-being. We firmly believe that nobody should have to pay the price for another person’s poor decision, which is why we consider every aspect of an accident and the resulting injuries before initiating settlement negotiations. You deserve a fair settlement that accounts for more than your existing medical bills. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 585-939-3939 to discuss your potential options for compensation.
WERE YOU OR A LOVED ONE INJURED IN A SERIOUS ROCHESTER ACCIDENT?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you try to negotiate an insurance settlement without an attorney, the adjuster might offer you a fast and easy payday. However, while the adjuster’s offer might account for your existing medical expenses, it likely will not consider the totality of your damages. New York State law allows personal injury plaintiffs to claim:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages refer to quantifiable financial losses. In other words, these damages compensate you for the money you have spent as the result of an accident or money you are likely to spend as the result of an accident. Your economic damages could include your medical bills, lost income from work, and the costs of physical rehabilitation.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are intended to provide compensation for the subjective and intangible ways in which an accident-related injury has impacted your life. Your non-economic damages could include payments for emotional pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., is recognized as a Super Lawyer and Best Attorney of America. As one of the leading personal injury attorneys in the region, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has the experience needed to secure the compensation you deserve after a tragic accident. If we cannot negotiate the settlement you need, we could take the wrongdoer and their insurance company to court. Do not let justice pass you by: call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at (585) 939-3939 today.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!