Rochester Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Acclaimed as a New York Super Lawyer and a National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and His Topnotch Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Much-Admired as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Aggressively Litigate Cases to Secure the Best Results for Victims of Multiple Vehicle Collisions in Rochester, New York.
A multi-vehicle accident is a collision that involves several different cars. This type of crash is also referred to as a pile-up, especially when it concerns 6 or more vehicles. Unfortunately, accidents involving numerous cars happen in Rochester, New York, more often than you would think. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), occupant fatalities in multi-vehicle collisions accounted for approximately 40 percent of all road traffic deaths. These accidents commonly occur on highways, such as Interstate 490, Lake Ontario Parkway, or West Ridge Road, where hundreds of cars drive side by side at fast speeds. Pile-ups frequently involve various vehicles, such as tractor-trailers, delivery vans, buses, and passenger vehicles.
It is no surprise that multi-car collisions are notorious for being one of the deadliest traffic accidents. In one recent year alone, victims suffered over 13,690 fatal injuries in multiple vehicle accidents. Motorists typically only have a split-second to decide how to avoid hitting cars ahead of them. Most drivers panic and hit the brakes too late or swerve into other lanes of traffic. This can make it impossible for motorists driving toward collisions to stop within a safe distance, thereby causing them to smash into other vehicles ahead. Various factors, like distracted driving, inclement weather conditions, and driving while fatigued, must be taken into account to determine how a multiple car accident happened and who should be held responsible. It is not uncommon for more than one motorist to be liable. The difficulty with crashes concerning numerous vehicles is that everyone involved tends to point their fingers at other drivers.
If you, or a loved one, were unfortunate enough to be involved in a multi-car collision, it is essential to contact a highly knowledgeable personal injury lawyer. For over 22 years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has exclusively litigated severe personal injury lawsuits, including many multi-vehicle collisions. Throughout the years, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has developed the expertise and skills necessary to investigate even the most complicated car accident claims. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully crusaded to obtain over $175 million in judgments and settlements for clients who were injured in Rochester, New York, and beyond. Our remarkable dedication to going above and beyond your wildest expectations and rendering a brilliant outcome is what differentiates us from other law firms. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team offers complimentary and confidential lawsuit evaluations and consultations. We would be honored to talk about your potential case. Our veteran attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (585) 939-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.Important Steps To Take After A Pile-Up
Being the victim of any type of collision, especially a multi-vehicle accident, can be an extremely shocking ordeal. These types of crashes often happen in the blink of an eye. When drivers do not respond quickly and properly after a pile-up occurs, this type of collision can be fatal. Suppose that you have been involved in a multiple car crash; we recommend doing the following:
- Stay in Your Vehicle Until it is Safe: Although it is only natural to want to exit your car after an accident, it is best to wait. Even if you think that the pile-up has concluded, there is a risk that you could get hit by another car. As long as none of the vehicles catch fire, your car is the safest place to be. Thus, you should remain seated with your seatbelt fastened.
- Evaluate Your Injuries: Determine whether your or any occupants in the vehicle have been seriously injured. Your number one priority should be obtaining immediate medical treatment for any injuries.
- Call the Police: Call 911 and request the officers to file an accident report and get a copy. Accident reports can help your attorney determine who should be held accountable.
- Move the Vehicle: In some instances, following multi-vehicle accidents, it may be possible to move your car to a clear part of the road. Doing so can help lower your risk of other vehicles hitting you.
- Wait for Emergency Assistance: Even if you do not think that you were injured, it is crucial to get a medical screening. When it comes to your well-being, it is always better to err on the side of caution.
- Pictures Can Be Very Helpful: If possible, take pictures or videos of the scene of the multi-vehicle crash, damages to the vehicles, the road and weather conditions, as well as all of your injuries. These factors are critical when determining liability, documenting your claim, and authenticating damages.
- Get Witnesses’ Contact Information: Bystanders can be very helpful in determining who caused the pile-up. They often provide a better picture of how the crash happened and may help resolve potential liability disputes.
- Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq.: Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. as soon as possible. Avoid signing any paperwork or giving statements to insurance companies. Our expert car accident injury attorneys can report your multi-car accident, file an insurance claim, and handle all essential communications. Not to mention, our battle-tested team will work to build the strongest possible case.
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SEVERELY INJURED IN A MULTI-VEHICLE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK PILE-UP ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Accidents involving multiple cars can be devastating, particularly in situations where one vehicle is trapped between several others. With every point of impact, a victim’s risk of being severely injured dramatically heightens. Factors resulting in collisions involving several vehicles or more are often similar to those that lead to other car accidents. However, there are a few things to consider if you want to avoid getting injured in a pile-up. Here is what our highly-qualified car accident attorneys recommend doing:
- Always maintain a safe distance between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you;
- Move your car to safety if you get into an accident with another vehicle;
- Drive slower and more cautiously in low visibility, inclement weather, and other poor driving conditions;
- Always drive defensively;
- Try and avoid making abrupt changes in your speed and direction;
- Know what other vehicles are driving in your vicinity;
- Slow down if you see a crash ahead of you;
- Regularly check your rearview mirror;
- Constantly watch the roads and avoid all distractions; and
- Know your vehicle’s limitations.
Our elite team, proudly recognized by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers, understands that claims involving pile-ups can be extremely complicated and present various difficulties when negotiating with insurance companies. An insurance adjuster may even try to deny your claim because it is too difficult to determine who caused the accident. Following your accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight for you every step of the way. Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to helping you obtain the highest possible monetary compensation so that you can move on with your life. Please contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Rochester, New York multi-car accident injury attorneys today at (585) 939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!