Rochester Hit and Run Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Well-Known as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Exceptional Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Acclaimed as a Best Law Firm of America, Fight Uncompromisingly to Demand the Maximum Damages for Car Accident Victims Whom Hit-and-Run Drivers Left in Rochester, New York.
Traffic accidents are the most unwanted thing that can happen to a driver. Though they happen quite often, not every motorist that is involved in a collision will stay put as required by law. Suppose that you have been the victim of a hit-and-run accident; you may feel shocked, distraught, and angry. Hit-and-run collisions often cause property damage and devastating injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, internal bleeding, and even wrongful death. Survivors can be left to confront immense anguish and growing financial burdens at a time when they may be bedridden and unable to work. Regrettably, hit-and-run claims are further complicated when the driver who left cannot be located. Motorists often flee the scene because the circumstances show that they are at fault, such as driving while drowsy, distracted, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Additionally, drivers frequently take off because they are uninsured and too afraid of facing the consequences. Regardless of what our veteran investigators uncover, the elite car accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are here for you.
Hit-and-run drivers who are careless enough to take off may leave their victims severely injured and on the verge of death instead of standing by to do the right thing. According to a research brief by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, fatalities arising from crashes involving fleeing drivers are at an all-time high throughout the country. In a recent year alone, over 2000 victims lost their lives in hit-and-run accidents. There are an estimated 737,100 hit-and-runs per year, which is equal to one every 43 seconds. No one should be forced to suffer the extreme physical, emotional, or psychological consequences of another’s thoughtlessness. Bringing legal action through a personal injury claim against the ruthless driver may be the only way to begin your road to recovery.
Inexcusable stories of hit-and-run collisions are disheartening and have become all too common. These appalling happenings motivate Jed Dietrich, Esq., an esteemed member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service every day to get his clients the highest compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has litigated thousands of car crash claims, including many hit-and-run accidents, in our decades of serving clients in Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned hit-and-run accident attorneys have fought to attain more than $175 million in judgments and settlements. Our remarkable lawyers would be honored to discuss your claim in greater detail. We are the uncompromising, tenacious, and zealous litigators that you need to get the result that you have been waiting for! Our brilliant team is available twenty-four-seven by dialing 585-939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.What To Do After Your Hit-And-Run Crash
Hit-and-run car accidents can be terrifying and unsettling ordeals. When another driver leaves the scene, victims can be left helpless and in shock. Nevertheless, victims of hit-and-runs must have a plan to ensure that both their health and legal rights are protected. If your car was struck in a hit-and-run, you should take the following steps:
- Seek Immediate Medical Treatment: Your highest priority should always be the health of you and your passengers. You should go for an examination, even if you do not feel hurt.
- Call 911: After another driver flees the scene, call 911 immediately and inform the operator you were the victim of a hit-and-run. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, and the police will need to write a report. Explain to the police what occurred and provide as many details about the other driver and his or her vehicle. Police reports can provide the necessary evidence for filing an insurance claim and showing that you were not at fault.
- Never Chase the Fleeing Motorist: Watching a motorist take off after an accident can be an infuriating experience. However, you should never attempt to go after the hit-and-run driver. Just try to stay calm and let the police do their job.
- Take Notes: You would be surprised by how quickly certain details can be forgotten, especially under such stressful circumstances. Since the offending vehicle is no longer there, jot down everything that you can remember. Writing everything down can improve your recollection and assist the police with their investigation.
- Talk To Possible Witnesses: If any bystanders are around that may have witnessed the collision, you should obtain their contact information. Witnesses may be able to verify your version of events, which is particularly important in situations where the insurance company blames you. Ask onlookers to remain at the scene until the police arrive.
DID ANOTHER MOTORIST LEAVE THE SCENE OF A CAR CRASH AFTER SERIOUSLY INJURING YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK HIT-AND-RUN CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO GET THE REPRESENTATION THAT YOU DESERVE!
Our highly qualified attorneys can work closely with your insurance company to file a claim while preserving your legal rights to pursue damages from the hit-and-run driver if they are found. The Dietrich Law Firm’s veteran investigators recognize that the day and weeks after a hit-and-run collision are crucial. Surveillance footage may be unintentionally filmed over, and witnesses’ memories begin to fade. Nevertheless, working closely with law enforcement, our battle-tested attorneys can sometimes locate the hit-and-run driver. While it can be challenging to obtain reasonable compensation following a hit-and-run, victims often have several options, including:
- Taking Legal Action Against the Offender: You can file a lawsuit against the hit-and-run driver’s insurance company if the police successfully track him or her down.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance: Also called no-fault insurance, PIP is designed to pay for economic losses, including vehicle repairs, towing, hospital bills, lost earnings, and certain other expenses.
- Uninsured Motorist (UIM) Coverage: Generally, insurance policies treat hit-and-run accidents as collisions caused by uninsured motorists. New York State law requires all drivers to purchase uninsured motorist coverage with limits of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. If the police do not find the driver, you can file an uninsured motorist claim with your insurance company.
- Medical Payments (MedPay) Coverage: MedPay coverage is an optional form of car insurance that can help pay for medical bills and/or funeral costs after a car crash.
- Other Parties: In addition to the fleeing driver, other parties may bear some responsibility for your accident. We will work to identify all such parties and ensure that they are held financially liable. Our top rated lawyers will leave no stone unturned when investigating your accident.
Insurance coverage may exist under multiple policies. Besides identifying all potential sources of insurance coverage that may be available to you, we will carefully manage the particulars of your claims with each one. When your life has been turned upside down by a driver who fled the scene of a car accident, you should call Jed Dietrich, Esq., commended as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, to ensure that you meaningfully improve your chances of recovering reasonable monetary compensation. Following your hit-and-run, it is vital to concentrate on restoring your strength and mending your wounds, and our compassionate team will do everything else. You owe it to yourself to confer with Rochester, New York’s finest personal injury lawyer. Please see our client reviews by clicking here. Our leading team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by dialing 585-939-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!