Rochester, New York, Grubhub Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Injury Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Battle to Obtain Unbeatable Results for Grubhub Drivers Who were Seriously Hurt by Malicious Canines in Rochester, New York, Throughout Monroe County, and Beyond.
Grubhub helps hungry customers find and order food from some of the finest restaurants in Rochester, New York. App users can search through specific menu items, cuisine types, and restaurant names to find foods that they are craving. Upon placing an order, a Grubhub driver will pick up the food from a local restaurant and deliver it to the customer’s door. Unfortunately, delivering customers’ orders can place Grubhub drivers in extremely dangerous situations. One of the greatest threats that delivery personnel face is loose dogs. Some canines have a pack mentality which results in dogs confronting unaware Grubhub drivers along their delivery routes. While serving food to customers, it is not uncommon for delivery personnel to be attacked without warning. Victims often suffer deep puncture wounds that can easily become infected and result in devastating disfigurements.
All dog owners have a legal duty to ensure that their pooches are properly restrained and cannot inflict harm on others. Responsible owners must recognize the dangers that come with having a dog and keep Grubhub delivery drivers safe. Before ordering food, pets should be placed in secure areas without openings. That way, drivers can drop off food without getting bit. Nevertheless, some negligent owners do little to prevent their animals from biting unsuspecting delivery persons. Grubhub drivers are often uncertain of their rights when they are involved in dog bite accidents while picking up or dropping off food. Suppose that you, or a family member, were badly wounded by a hound while delivering a Grubhub order. Although, as an independent contractor, you will be ineligible for workers’ compensation, you may be entitled to pursue a personal injury claim against the careless dog owner and his or her homeowner’s insurance policy.
Throughout the years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Rochester, New York, dog bite accident attorneys have devoted their lives to demanding justice. Our battle-tested lawyers would be honored to help you get your life back together. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best-of-the-best team is committed to providing victims with the legal representation needed to obtain superlative results. We have decades of experience litigating all sorts of claims, including many dog bite injuries. Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has aggressively fought to obtain more than $175 million in verdicts and settlements for his client’s injuries. We offer free initial consultations and second opinions. During your complimentary case evaluation, our expert attorneys can answer all of your questions, address potential concerns, and provide the necessary guidance to commence your lawsuit. Please do not hesitate to contact us today to start benefiting from the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading legal services. Our seasoned team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by dialing (585) 939-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.Common Injuries Suffered by Grubhub Drivers in Dog Attacks
One out of every 73 Americans is unfortunate enough to suffer a dog bite. Roughly 4.7 million victims are bitten by pooches each year. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 20 percent of those victims need medical attention for their injuries. Due to their job duties, Grubhub drivers face a much higher risk of being attacked by canines. These brave men and women regularly encounter aggressive dogs while delivering food to customers’ doors. While most dog bite victims suffer wounds to the hands and legs, approximately 1 in 112,400 dog attacks result in fatalities. Grubhub delivery persons can still endure severe injuries even when the dog does not bite. Drivers can fall or run into objects while being chased by vicious dogs. Catastrophic injuries suffered by food delivery personnel often include:
- Large contusions and deep lacerations;
- Puncture wounds to the face;
- Broken bones;
- Damage to tendons, vessels, nerves, and muscles;
- Complete amputation of limbs;
- Bacterial infections, such as Brucella, Pasteurella, or Yersinia, can easily be transmitted from infected saliva to the victim’s open wound;
- Various viral infections, like methicillin-resistant staphylococcus (MRSA), norovirus, rabies, or tetanus;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from getting knocked down;
- Brutal scarring and other permanent disfigurements; and
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
WERE YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, CRITICALLY WOUNDED BY A HOSTILE
CANINE WHILE DELIVERING FOOD AS A GRUBHUB DRIVER IN
ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, OR OTHER PARTS OF
NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY COMPETENT TEAM OF
ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, GRUBHUB DELIVERY PERSON DOG BITE INJURY
LAWYERS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Different pups bite for different reasons. Therefore, it is important to follow a few ground rules when dealing with unfamiliar dogs. Anytime you encounter a dog, you must employ extra caution and common sense. To stay bite-free while dropping off food, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced team recommends the following:
- Never Approach: If you see an unrestrained dog outside, calmly walk away.
- Face the Dog: Do not turn your back to the dog and slowly back up to a safe area.
- Do not Assume: Even if a dog is behind a door or gate, never take for granted that it cannot escape. You never know how secure or sturdy an entry is.
- Avoid Drawing Attention: If you find yourself facing a vicious pup, stay as calm as possible. Sometimes, simply ignoring the dog will help it realize that you are not a threat.
- Be Vigilant Around Restrained Canines: Roughly 25 percent of all deadly attacks were inflicted by chained hounds. Sturdy ropes, chains, and leashes can loosen if a dog becomes hostile enough. Additionally, you never know how long a chain is until it is tested.
- Carefully Opening Gates: Even if you do not see a dog, always use caution while opening doors at residences where animals could be kept.
- Never Run: In case a dog is loose and moves towards you, tell it to stay. Running could cause the dog to chase you.
- Avoid Eye Contact: Aggressive dogs will often try to stare down their victims. Refrain from staring it down because the canine may take your gaze as a challenge.
Unfortunately, tens of thousands of food delivery drivers are bit by aggressive dogs every year. Even if you tried your best to avoid an attack, there is always a risk your canine encounter will result in severe injury or worse. When you retain the Dietrich Law Firm’s veteran team of Grubhub delivery dog bite lawyers, we will use our immense legal expertise, practice, and resources to attain the finest possible result. In a single recent year, homeowners insurers paid out $881 million for dog-related injuries, with the average victim recovering $49,025. With our support, you may be able to obtain money for all of your damages, such as hospital bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, permanent disfigurement, pain and suffering, therapy, and much more. Kindly schedule your free consultation at our Rochester Office by calling (585) 939-3939 or completing the online consultation form. There has never been a better time to discover why Jed Dietrich, Esq. is regarded as one of the greatest legal minds in the country.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!