Rochester, New York, Food Poisoning Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Famed as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Hardline, Persistent, and Meticulous Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Highest Possible Compensation for Victims Who Have Suffered from Food Poisoning in Rochester, New York.
According to the Mayo Clinic, food poisoning, commonly referred to as foodborne illness, is a sickness caused by eating contaminated food. Food contamination pertains to anything inside of food that should not be there. The most common causes of foodborne diseases are infectious organisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Infectious agents and their toxins can contaminate food anytime during processing or production. Furthermore, contamination can occur when food is improperly handled or cooked. More than 200 diseases, ranging from chronic diarrhea to cancer, can be spread through tainted food. Each year, approximately 48 million victims fall ill, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 suffer fatalities as a result of food poisoning in the United States. While certain individuals are more prone to getting sick and suffering more severe symptoms, no one is immune from food poisoning.
Food-related businesses, such as producers, food processing companies, bakeries, restaurants, and grocery stores, have a legal obligation to take all reasonable measures to detect contamination and implement preventative measures to ensure that food does not become tainted. When companies that handle our food fail to use proper care, victims can suffer from botulism, E. coli, salmonella, hepatitis, and various other diseases. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team knows that suffering from food poisoning can be a traumatic and stressful ordeal. While building a case against a food manufacturer or restaurant can be complicated, our highly experienced attorneys will collect crucial food samples and have experts perform scientific testing to obtain evidence of contamination. We promise to do everything possible to support your case, from filing a claim to receiving compensation, so that you can focus on making a full recovery.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. possesses both the track record and courtroom experience to demand the huge settlement that you deserve. You may be entitled to compensation for your hospital bills, missed time from work, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and other unanticipated impacts. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has persuaded negligent corporations and insurance companies to pay at least $1,000,000.00 or more 44 times to resolve his clients’ cases. Our deeply committed team of Rochester, New York food poisoning attorneys promise not to allow those responsible to get away with exposing you to infectious organisms. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite attorneys are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 585-939-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form. Please do not hesitate to contact our veteran legal team to learn more about your legal rights. Our best of the best lawyers offer free case evaluations and will tirelessly represent your legal interests to achieve the best possible outcome for your claim.When To See A Doctor For Food Poisoning
Symptoms from food poisoning can widely vary depending on the source of contamination. Common symptoms caused by foodborne illnesses include nausea, abdominal pain and cramps, watery or bloody diarrhea, vomiting, stiffness, and high fever. Symptoms usually start within a few hours of consuming the tainted food. However, in some instances, symptoms can appear days or even weeks later. The sickness caused by food poisoning typically lasts several hours to a few days. It is vital to seek medical treatment if you suffer any of the following:
- Severe pain or extreme abdominal cramping;
- A fever with a temperature higher than 100.4 Fahrenheit;
- Bloody stool;
- Diarrhea lasting for more than 3 days;
- Bloody vomit;
- Repeated bouts of vomiting and inability to keep fluids or foods down;
- Excessive thirst or dry mouth;
- Severe dizziness, weakness, or lightheadedness;
- Muscle weakness or tingling in the arms; and
- Blurry vision.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE, SUFFER FROM FOOD POISONING CAUSED BY CONSUMING CONTAMINATED FOOD OR BEVERAGES IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK FOOD POISONING ATTORNEYS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Whether you develop food poisoning after eating contaminated food depends on the infectious organism, the amount of exposure, your age, and overall health. The following groups face the highest risk of becoming ill and suffering severe symptoms:
- People with Chronic Health Problems: Having a chronic illness, such as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), diabetes, liver disease, or receiving radiation or chemotherapy for cancer, significantly reduces the body’s immune response. Those on dialysis have a 50 times greater risk of suffering from listeria.
- Elderly Adults: As individuals age, their immune systems may not react as fast and as effectively to foodborne illnesses. Some strains of E. coli are known for causing hemolytic uremic syndrome in older individuals, which can result in total kidney failure. Therefore, elderly adults must seek medical assistance at the first sign of bloody diarrhea.
- Babies and Young Children: The immune systems of children younger than age 5 have not fully developed and may be incapable of handling contaminated foods. Children are 3 times more likely to be hospitalized for salmonella infections.
- Pregnant Women: During pregnancy, changes in circulation and metabolism can heighten the risk of food poisoning. A pregnant woman’s body may also react more severely to infectious organisms. Complications caused by listeriosis food poisoning can be especially dangerous for pregnant women and their newborn infants. Listeriosis infections can result in miscarriages, premature births, and stillbirths, even if the mother only experienced mild illness. Not to mention, infants who survive listeria infections may undergo delayed development and long-term neurological damage.
- Those Prescribed Medications: Certain prescription medications are known for reducing the body’s ability to fight off sicknesses.
The most common serious complications of food poisoning are severe losses of water, crucial minerals, and salts caused by vomiting and diarrhea. While dehydration is not usually a huge problem for healthy adults, high-risk individuals can easily become dangerously dehydrated. In some cases, hospitalization and intravenous fluids may be required because dehydration can be fatal.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has helped thousands of personal injury victims throughout New York State by providing the best possible legal representation. In just over 22 years of practice, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully obtained more than $175 million in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite team takes great pride and satisfaction in obtaining the best possible outcomes. Our battle-tested Rochester, New York food poisoning attorneys never want you to have to worry about not being unable to afford your medical expenses. Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s biggest incentive is hearing his clients boast about the superior personal injury representation that the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. provided them. We would be honored to discuss the specifics of your food poisoning injury at your earliest opportunity. Please contact our seasoned team today for your free, confidential, no-obligation consultation and case assessment. Our top rated lawyers are available twenty-four-seven by dialing 585-939-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!