Rochester Car Accidents Caused by Driver Fatigue
Jed Dietrich, Esq., an Esteemed Member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and the Premier Lawyers of America, and His Seasoned Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Celebrated as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Takes Aggressive Legal Action to Obtain Unbeatable Results for Victims Injured by Fatigued Drivers in Rochester, New York.
For the average American, getting behind the wheel may be the riskiest task that he or she performs every day. One of the biggest dangers that drivers are routinely confronted with is drowsy driving. Fatigued driving is a hazardous mixture of driving and sleepiness or exhaustion. Driver fatigue typically occurs when a motorist has not slept long enough but can also happen because of consuming alcohol or drugs, performing shift work, taking certain medications, or untreated sleep disorders. While falling asleep at the wheel is unsafe, being drowsy significantly impacts your ability to drive safely even if you do not doze off. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year alone, fatigued driving caused over 91,000 collisions, which resulted in roughly 50,000 injuries and 800 deaths. It is estimated that more than 1 in 5 fatal car accidents involve a person driving while drowsy.
Suppose that you, or someone close to you, have been severely injured or worse in a crash caused by someone driving while fatigued. We strongly recommend consulting with a qualified personal injury attorney. The significance of retaining the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to pursue your case against the drowsy driver cannot be emphasized enough. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a famed member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his team of elite car accident injury lawyers have witnessed the shocking aftermath that shattering injuries can have on victims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has helped countless clients and their loved ones get their lives back after being severely injured. Our zealous and hardline litigation tactics will force fatigued and negligent motorists to pay dearly for their mistakes. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s top rated team has both the experience and proven results to help you to get the highest possible monetary award for all of your injuries.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has solely litigated personal injury and wrongful death cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has rigorously fought to obtain over $175 Million in judgments and settlements for victims who were injured in Rochester, New York, and throughout New York State. While no amount of money can take away the pain and suffering caused by your accident, compensation can profoundly decrease your financial obligations and pay you for your damages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team provides free case assessments and consultations. We would be honored to speak with you about your potential lawsuit. Our caring attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 585-939-3939, or by completing the online consultation form.Typical Symptoms Of Drowsy Drivers
It often becomes obvious when a driver is undergoing fatigue. The warnings will be visible, especially in their eyes and faces. Additionally, you might notice various other signs of fatigue when someone is driving. Common red flags of exhausted drivers include:
- Frequently blinking and yawning;
- Blurred vision;
- Reduced attention or difficulty concentrating;
- Delayed reaction times;
- Poor overall judgment;
- Hitting a rumble strip on the side of the highway;
- Drifting between lanes;
- Less patience than normal;
- Decreased motor skills;
- Driving at unusually fast or slow speeds;
- Rolling stops; and
- Difficulty recalling the past few miles of driving.
If you are behind the wheel or in a car with a driver exhibiting any of the above symptoms, it is important to pull over and get some rest.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY A FATIGUED DRIVER IN ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF ROCHESTER, NEW YORK DROWSY DRIVING CAR CRASH INJURY LAWYERS AT 585-939-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
In the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s ongoing effort to raise awareness on this major problem, we have put together several common misconceptions about drowsy driving:
- If You Get Enough Sleep, You Cannot Get Fatigued While Driving. Many drivers falsely believe that sleeping a certain amount of time during a single night means that they do not have to worry about getting sleepy behind the wheel. While it is very important to get enough sleep before driving, even getting the required number of hours may not eliminate your risk of a fatigued driving accident.
- It is Only Hazardous to Drive When You Feel Tired. Although being noticeably sleepy is unquestionably a sign of fatigue and a treacherous state in which to drive, you can still be critically fatigued even though you do not feel like you are about to fall asleep.
- Older Drivers are More Vulnerable to Suffering Fatigue-Related Crashes. Many people falsely assume that drivers 40 years and older are more likely to fall asleep behind the wheel. This may be due to the erroneous belief that older adults tend to exhibit less energy than younger individuals and therefore have a greater tendency to doze off. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorists 24 and younger have the highest risk of suffering a fatigue-related accident.
- Fatigue-Related Accidents Only Occur During the Night. Another misunderstanding is that drowsy driving only happens at night. Most drivers tend to be unconcerned about getting tired while driving during the day. While the majority of fatigue-related collisions take place between midnight and 6:00 a.m., a large number of accidents also happen midday between 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Our battle-tested team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., acclaimed by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers, knows exactly how to appropriately and aggressively litigate drowsy driving car accident cases. Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to providing the highest standard of personal injury representation to victims of Rochester, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. When you call Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, he will painstakingly examine all of the subtleties surrounding your accident to ensure that you obtain the maximum monetary compensation for your damages, which may include all present and future medical expenses, lost wages, reduced future earning capacity, permanent disabilities suffered, pain and suffering (both physical and mental), property damage, and much more. Please call our seasoned lawyers today at 585-939-3939 to receive your free consultation!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 585-939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!