Niagara Falls, New York Playground Accident Injury Lawyers
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Mission Statement is to Provide the Highest Level of Personal Injury Service to Our Clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and His Highly Accomplished Team of Attorneys Promise to Fight for the Best Result for Children Who Suffered Severe Injuries at Playgrounds in Niagara Falls, New York, Throughout Niagara County, and Beyond.
Children in Niagara Falls, New York, have access to an array of playgrounds scattered throughout the city. From the classic slides and swings found at Ontario Park to more modern playgrounds like Kenilworth Playground, there are great recreation areas for everyone. Every parent’s worst fear is having their child suffer a severe injury. Even proper supervision at the playground may not be enough to prevent children from getting hurt. Unfortunately, playground-related injuries are one of the main causes of harm to children throughout the United States.
Those who design, own, and operate playgrounds have a legal duty to maintain the area in a reasonably safe manner. Both those responsible for public and private playgrounds must implement all necessary precautions, enforce safety rules, properly maintain equipment, and supervise children. While playground accidents often arise from another’s inattentiveness or even recklessness, proving negligence is often the most challenging aspect of these types of cases. Suppose that your child, or a kid in the neighborhood, sustained a devastating injury while on a playground. In that case, your claim and potential compensation depend on getting the finest possible personal injury representation. Our Niagara County playground accident attorneys would like to help you. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested personal injury lawyers have litigated numerous claims involving severe injuries to children at daycares, in schoolyards, and at playgrounds.
For over two decades, Jed Dietrich, Esq., admired as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has exclusively fought personal injury cases. Throughout the years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has gotten well over $175 million in judgments and settlements for victims who were injured in Niagara Falls, New York, throughout Niagara County, and beyond. With the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team on your side, your case will substantially benefit from our immense network of resources, professional investigative techniques, and expert witnesses. Our elite attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Please call us at your earliest possible opportunity to ensure that justice is served. Our veteran lawyers would be honored to listen to your version of events and begin developing the most compelling lawsuit on your behalf.Facts Regarding Injuries Suffered In Playground Accidents
Watching as your child falls from the monkey bars and breaks his arm is a terrifying moment that no parent will ever forget. There is no worse feeling than seeing your child get injured. Although bumps and bruises are common consequences of kids’ playground activities, more severe injuries deserve greater attention. Please see the following details provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding playground injuries:
- Every year, over 200,000 children ages 14 and younger are treated in emergency rooms for playground-related injuries;
- Kids ages 5 to 9 have the highest rates of emergency room visits due to playground accidents;
- Nearly 75 percent of all nonfatal playground injuries take place at public playgrounds;
- Most fatalities, approximately 70 percent, happen on home playgrounds;
- While most injuries at public playgrounds occur on climbers, swings on home playgrounds are to blame for most injuries;
- Roughly 45 percent of playground wounds involve internal injuries, fractured bones, dislocations, or amputations;
- Over 20,000 playground accident victims receive treatment for traumatic brain injuries, including blunt force trauma to the head and concussions; and
- In a recent 10-year period, approximately 150 kids ages 14 and younger suffered fatal injuries at playgrounds. Over half of these deaths were due to strangulation, and 20 percent were caused by falls onto hard surfaces.
WAS YOUR CHILD, OR A LOVED ONE, CRITICALLY WOUNDED IN A PLAYGROUND ACCIDENT IN NIAGARA FALLS, THROUGHOUT NIAGARA COUNTY, OR ANY OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEAM OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK PLAYGROUND ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Certain standards must be observed on playgrounds to ensure that children are not unnecessarily injured. Both parents and caregivers must be aware of the hazards and signs of neglected playgrounds. Several factors frequently create dangerous playground environments, including:
- Dangerous and Defective Playground Equipment: The playground equipment may have been defectively designed or manufactured. If your child suffered a playground injury caused by defective equipment, our elite attorneys might be able to file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer.
- Badly Constructed Structures: If the equipment was designed safely but put together incorrectly, children can still suffer devastating injuries. Poorly built recreation grounds increase the risk of collapses, cuts on sharp edges, entrapment in openings, and foundations pinching those tiny fingers. Additionally, when equipment is installed too close to other areas of the playground, it could cause nasty collisions.
- Lack of Maintenance: Playground equipment requires routine maintenance to remain safe. Inadequate maintenance can lead to treacherous conditions, like broken parts, rusty equipment, and slippery steps. This also includes both broken and outdated equipment.
- Improper Supervision: Kids must be adequately supervised on playgrounds to prevent dangerous horseplay and other risky activities. Suppose your child suffered a playground accident while under the care of another party, such as a babysitter, teacher, or another parent. In that case, the other party could be held responsible for negligent supervision.
- Treacherous Property: Certain elements around play areas, like ponds, exposed roots, concrete, toxic chemicals, uneven surfaces, improper ground padding, sharp rocks on the ground, or lack of fencing, can lead to unnecessary injuries.
A study uncovered playgrounds in low-income neighborhoods typically had more maintenance-related dangers than playgrounds in affluent areas. Impoverished zones had considerably more rusty equipment, garbage, and badly damaged fall surfaces. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate playground accident attorneys believe that no child should have to suffer psychological or physical pain because of someone else’s negligence. Playgrounds should be safe and enjoyable places for children to have fun, not dangerous premises that threaten kids’ well-being.
Should you suspect that any of the above elements led to your child getting hurt, you should seek battle-tested legal counsel. Our Niagara Falls, New York, playground accident injury attorneys will need to determine exactly how the accident occurred to conclude fault. For example, if a slide broke due to excessive rust, the municipality or playground owner could be held accountable for failing to maintain the slide. Recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys’ 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will zealously battle your claim to obtain the best possible outcome. Our top rated litigators can be reached 24/7 by dialing (716) 839-3939 or by filling out an online consultation form. Kindly contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. today to schedule your complimentary case evaluation and begin strategizing your next steps. Our leading attorneys understand that high legal fees can keep victims from seeking justice. Therefore, we are happy to take all of our clients on a contingency fee basis. Meaning you never have to pay any legal fees until we get you compensated.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Western New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!