Highly Experienced Erie, Pennsylvania, Rollover Car Accident Attorneys
Since 2005, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Team of Seasoned Attorneys has Provided Clients with Superior Personal Injury Representation. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Leading Litigators are Highly Committed to Obtaining the Best Possible Outcome for Your Rollover Accident in Erie, Pennsylvania, Throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Beyond.
Rollovers are extremely dangerous accidents that have significantly higher injury and death rates than other types of collisions. Although rollovers only involve about 3 percent of car accidents, over 30 percent of passenger fatalities are caused by this type of crash. Most new cars are designed to make it harder to flip over. However, skidding, lack of traction, poorly balanced loads, and certain impacts all increase the risk of devastating rollover accidents. Additionally, certain types of vehicles, such as top-heavy vans, pickup trucks, and sport utility vehicles (SUVs), are all more prone to tipping over.
Having your vehicle flip over is not only a terrifying ordeal, but victims often suffer ravaging injuries or worse. Whiplash, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and amputations are some common injuries associated with rollovers. When victims get tossed hard enough, they can end up with severed spinal cords that result in paraplegia or quadriplegia. Suppose that you, or someone close to you, were acutely injured in a rollover collision. In such an event, it is imperative to consult with a highly experienced personal injury attorney immediately. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested litigators retain the legal knowledge, elite reputation, and considerable resources needed to investigate your rollover accident and guarantee that you are in a position to get the maximum insurance settlement.
Our veteran attorneys would be honored to provide you with a complimentary consultation claim assessment. The Dietrich Legal Team’s highly qualified team is available 24/7 by phone at 814-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. Please view our Google 5 Star rating and client testimonials by clicking here. There has never been a better time to call our top rated car accident lawyers, so please do not hesitate to contact us. Our elite litigators will take your claim on a contingency fee basis so that you will never pay anything for our top-quality representation until we get you paid.The Best Ways To Prevent Rollover Collisions
While certain types of vehicles can play a part in rollover accidents, the driver’s behavior, weather conditions, and road infrastructure are also important factors. More than 80 percent of all rollovers are single-vehicle collisions. This demonstrates that driver behavior plays a significant role in rollovers. By driving more cautiously, motorists can avoid most flip-overs. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys recommend implementing the following precautions to minimize your risk of turning over:
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol plays a role in approximately 50 percent of all fatal rollovers.
- Never Drive Distracted: The vast majority of motorists who endured single-vehicle rollovers were engaging in routine driving maneuvers. This is a strong indication that inattention and distractions play an important factor in these types of collisions.
- Keep Your Tires in Good Condition: Flat and bald tires can obstruct your ability to maintain control of the vehicle. Before driving, you should always inspect your tires. Additionally, replace your tires every 3 to 5 years or when necessary.
- Maintain a Proper Load: Loads placed above the roof can heighten a vehicle’s rollover risk. It is crucial to refer to your owner’s manual to determine proper load distribution and the maximum safe load. Always stay mindful of your vehicle’s limitations.
- Drive the Speed Limit: Excessive steering, overcorrecting, or panic reactions, especially at high speeds, can easily result in losing control. Roughly 75 percent of fatal rollover collisions occur on roads with speed limits of 55 mph or higher. If your car leaves the roadway, gradually reduce your speed as opposed to slamming on the brakes.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT, BRUTALLY WOUNDED OR WORSE IN A CAR ACCIDENT INVOLVING A ROLLOVER IN ERIE OR OTHER PARTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, ROLLOVER COLLISION INJURY LAWYERS AT (814) 839-3939 TODAY TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), tripped rollovers are to blame for 95 percent of single-vehicle rollovers. These types of crashes frequently take place when one side of the vehicle strikes an object, such as a guardrail, while traveling at excessive speeds. Tripping can also happen when a car loses traction and skids sideways until colliding with a curb or other object. Although rollovers are one of the worst accidents, being adequately prepared can help make things easier. Should you start to lose control of your vehicle, it is crucial to remain calm and avoid making any jerky movements. Instead, steadily turn your steering wheel in the same direction that the vehicle is tipping. If everything works out, your car will straighten up. However, if you find yourself in a rollover, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite lawyers recommend the following:
- Ready Yourself: In the unfortunate case that your vehicle starts to tip, take your arms off the steering wheel and cross your arms against your chest. Also, remove your feet from the pedal area to protect against ankle breakage.
- Determine if Anyone was Injured: Allow your car to settle before attempting to brace your feet against the floor and stabilize your body. Take a few deep breaths and run your hands across your head and body to inspect for broken glass. If you or anyone else were seriously wounded, call 911 immediately and request an ambulance.
- Turn Off the Car: Turn off your engine and, if you were fortunate enough not to suffer any injuries, plan an exit strategy.
- Get Out of the Vehicle: If you land upside-down, brace yourself with one hand against the roof and then unfasten your seat belt. Use extreme caution because this is how most victims suffer post-rollover injuries. Check to see if the door can open freely. If not, you will have to break or roll down the window to make an escape route. Clear away all glass and debris before crawling out.
- Help Passengers and Move to a Safe Place: A fuel leak could cause a deadly explosion. After exiting the vehicle, quickly help any passengers escape and move them to safety. Additionally, stay off the road and clear of traffic. If you have not already done so, call the Erie Police Department and wait until support arrives.
In over 24 years of practicing exclusively personal injury litigation, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has witnessed the overwhelming aftermaths that rollovers can have on victims and, ultimately, their families. Obtaining reasonable compensation from your insurance company may be the only way to get back on your feet again. Please call Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his seasoned team to schedule your free legal consultation and case evaluation. Our battle-tested Erie, Pennsylvania, car accident attorneys are available anytime at 814-839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!