Erie, Pennsylvania, Pregnant Woman Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has an Elite Reputation for His Profound Legal Expertise, Uncompromising Litigation Skills, and Deep Compassion for Injured Victims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Veteran Attorneys Promise to Pursue Your Car Crash Injuries Relentlessly to Demand the Highest Compensation in Erie, Pennsylvania.
With all of the potential complications and other things that can go wrong during pregnancy, car accidents are one of the greatest threats to unborn babies. Each year, approximately 200,000 mothers-to-be become victims of collisions throughout the United States. Fetal death certificates typically do not include maternal involvement in car accidents as a possible cause of death, and only deaths of fetuses over 16 weeks gestational age are registered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Therefore, accurate statistics on fetal losses caused by car accidents are not widely available. It is estimated that between 1,500 and 5,000 fetuses are lost annually due to collisions. Even when the unborn baby is fortunate enough to survive, serious complications arising from the accident, such as emergency delivery, can result in long-term adverse consequences for both the mother and child. Each year, the injuries sustained in utero and other trauma endured in these types of collisions cause innumerable negative birth outcomes and force thousands of children to spend their whole lives coping with permanent disabilities.
The average pregnancy is stressful enough without becoming the victim of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. No pregnant woman should have to suffer the psychological trauma, emotional distress, or bodily pain of a car accident. Even if a mother-to-be is not seriously injured, the collision can still lead to grave complications throughout the pregnancy and birth. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys do not want you to have to bear this heartbreaking aftermath on your own. Jed Dietrich, Esq. would like to devote his 24 years of litigating personal injury lawsuits to help you get the justice that you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has obtained well over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were hurt in Erie, Pennsylvania, throughout the Keystone State and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced team promises to do everything in our power to ensure that you obtain the highest possible recovery for your injuries. Please click here to read some of our client’s reviews and discover why Jed Dietrich, Esq. is constantly being recognized by numerous legal institutions as a battle-tested lawyer. Do not wait a moment longer to contact our leading lawyers at 814-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.Vital Warning Signs of Pregnancy Complications After a Crash
Mothers’ wombs are designed with robust membranes in the uterus and cushioning from amniotic fluid to protect their unborn babies. Consequently, car accidents do not always result in fetal injuries. Due to their enlarged state, women in the late stages of pregnancy face a much higher risk of suffering severe complications and injuries. Some early warning signs of pregnancy-related complications following a collision include:
- Severe abdominal pain;
- Tenderness around the pelvis or uterus;
- Urinary complications;
- Vaginal discharge or bleeding;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Acute neck and back pain;
- Swelling of the hands, feet, or face;
- Bruising around the stomach or chest;
- Noticeable changes or reduction in fetal movement; and
- Anything impacting your abdomen area.
After being the victim of a car accident, expectant mothers do not only need to be concerned about their well-being but also the health of their unborn babies. Even if you are not experiencing any obvious detrimental signs after your crash, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s caring lawyers recommend seeking immediate medical care. When a pregnant woman is involved in a collision, even if it’s a minor fender-bender, it never hurts to get examined by a doctor. Most likely, your doctor will recommend conducting some tests, like an ultrasound or continuous fetal monitoring, to assess the unborn baby’s condition.
WHILE EXPECTING A CHILD, DID YOU SUFFER A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER DRIVER’S NEGLIGENCE IN ERIE OR OTHER PARTS OF NORTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, PREGNANT WOMAN COLLISION LAWYERS AT 814-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Getting into any car accident can result in substantial damages. Compensation for victims of severe car accidents often includes lost wages from missed work, present and future medical costs, pain and suffering, permanent disfigurements, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment, and life-long disabilities suffered. However, the potential for losses is ever greater in collisions involving expecting mothers. In addition to the above compensation, some of the supplementary damages often associated with pregnant women car accident victims include:
- Injuries Associated with Pregnancy: In addition to all of the severe injuries car accident victims suffer, pregnant women face various injuries directly associated with their pregnancy, such as placental abruption, maternal shock, uterine rupture, and maternal death.
- Preterm Birth: When babies are born premature, they have not had as much time to grow and develop. The earlier the baby is born, the higher the risk of complications, like bleeding in the brain, anemia, breathing difficulties, impaired vision, patent ductus arteriosus (PDA), and hypoglycemia. Consequently, premature babies typically require special medical care, like feeding tubes, intravenous fluids, heart check-ups with an echocardiogram, lung surfactants to enhance breathing and brain imaging tests.
- Hospitalization and Surgery: Treatment for expecting mothers involved in collisions is more likely to involve hospitalization as a precaution to monitor the unborn baby for problems. If any pregnancy-related complications are found, the mother may require a cesarean section (C-section) to remove the baby.
- Medical Equipment: Costly medical instruments, like fetal monitors and ultrasounds, may be required for extensive testing of the mother-to-be and her fetus.
- Additional Loss of Income: Increased frequency of trips to the hospital, doctor’s visits, and medical procedures often come with more missed days from work. Additionally, if a C-section or other surgeries are required, it will take the mother longer to recover. This could lead to lost earnings and even reduce future career prospects.
- Added Emotional Trauma: Despite the miracles of modern medicine, mothers-to-be might not even know all of the consequences of the crash until after their baby is born. This can result in months of overwhelming anxiety and emotional strain worrying whether the baby will be born healthy. Unfortunately, if the collision caused any permanent injuries, disabilities, or cardiac abnormalities, the cost of treatment for the lifespan of the baby would drastically increase the total damages. Not to mention expenses related to special schools and diminished future earning capacity for babies that suffer brain damage or developmental delays. Accurately calculating the damages in these types of cases can be an exceptionally complicated task.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team possesses the expertise and vast resources necessary to successfully litigate your pregnant woman car accident lawsuit. Our litigators are enthusiastically committed to providing you with the individualized attention and responsiveness that you deserve. Our veteran Erie, Pennsylvania, attorneys would be honored to discuss your crash further. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 814-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s hard-hitting, persistent, and reliable litigators are ready to take any means necessary to obtain the compensation that you and your baby deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!