Erie, Pennsylvania Car Wash Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s Elite Performance as a Personal Injury Lawyer Has Been Repeatedly Acknowledged by Numerous Legal Organizations. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Our Veteran Team Promises to Fight to Obtain Unrivaled Results for Victims Seriously Injured at Car Washes in Erie, Pennsylvania, Throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Beyond.
Whether you are a car enthusiast, are preparing to sell your vehicle, or are just cleaning your family ride, car washes provide a quick way to clean vehicles. Besides, it is crucial to keep your car’s exterior clean so that debris and residue do not eat away at your vehicle. Car experts recommend washing your vehicle every 2 weeks to help prevent salt and mud from causing rust. This is especially true when driving on heavily salted streets during Erie, Pennsylvania’s long and brutal winters. Although some owners choose to hand wash their cars at home, it can be a messy and time-consuming process. Most individuals do not have the specific soap or special towels needed to wipe their vehicles off without scratching them. Consequently, many owners wash their vehicles at premiere automatic stores, such as Niagara Car Wash, or even run them through gas station washes.
Modern car washes provide some of the best cleaning products and cutting-edge, touchless cleaning technology to make your car sparkle. Although driving a clean vehicle may boost your confidence and put your mind at ease, car washes come with their fair share of dangers. Car wash accident victims could get hit by another driver or debris in the air. Additionally, some victims get trapped inside their vehicles or severely injured by malfunctioning equipment. Most people going through washing facilities are unprepared for sudden impacts. Consequently, even at slow speeds, car wash collisions can result in substantial harm, such as whiplash, hairline fractures, strains and sprains, and traumatic brain injuries. Suppose that you, or a family member, were unfortunate enough to be involved in any kind of accident while getting your car washed. In that case, you should consult with the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested personal injury lawyers to determine whether filing a lawsuit is the right decision for you.
In the last 24 years alone, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has secured more than $175 million in judgments and settlements for injured victims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced lawyers have decades of practice trying and negotiating a wide variety of personal injury cases. Our attorneys have successfully litigated thousands of car accident claims and take great pride in fighting for those who need us the most. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team would be pleased to provide you with a complimentary case evaluation. We are available 24/7 by calling 814-839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. Do not wait any longer to start learning about how our highly qualified team can help you.Accidents That Commonly Occur At Car Washes
Each day, millions of Americans head to their local car wash. When having your vehicle cleaned, it is likely far from your mind that you might become an accident victim. Most drivers are more worried about missing dirt on their cars than suffering any type of injury. While collisions are prevalent at car washes, various other accidents can take place too. Some of the most common accidents at car washes include:
- Slip and Falls: When excess water and soap from the washing machines are not regularly mopped, it can lead to slippery floors. Additionally, oil and cleaner from vehicles can be tracked into the shop and parking lot areas.
- Chemical Burns: Some chemicals used in car washes are known for causing burns, nerve damage, systemic toxicity, and paralysis. A report published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that 48 employees suffered corrosive chemical burns after exposure to wash products containing hydrofluoric acid.
- Defective Equipment: Brutal injuries or worse can happen anytime sensors malfunction. From getting struck by moving objects to electrocutions, faulty equipment can lead to devastating injuries. For instance, a combined 6 collisions occurred because an automatic car wash system continued pulling vehicles inside after a vehicle had already stalled.
- Rear-end Collisions: This is the most common type of crash at washing stations. Rear-enders typically happen when inattentive drivers are exiting conveyors and accidentally step on the gas or fail to brake on time.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Negligence behind the wheel at car washes, like speeding or distracted driving, can place unsuspecting pedestrians at risk. For example, a large truck suddenly slammed into the back of a parked vehicle inside a self-serve station which caused the woman standing behind to suffer crushing lower-body injuries.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT, SEVERELY INJURED IN ANY TYPE OF ACCIDENT WHILE GOING THROUGH A CAR WASH IN ERIE, OR OTHER PARTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND ELITE TEAM OF ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA, CAR WASH CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 814-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Automatic washing facilities have 2 main advantages; they are convenient and fast. Most people choose to spend 5 minutes at the car wash rather than up to an hour washing their vehicle on their own. However, with drivers in a rush to get their vehicles cleaned, car washes can be hectic places. There may be a constant flow of traffic going in and out of the wash station, especially during the winter. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys may be able to hold any of the following parties liable:
- The Car Wash Owner: Owners or managers have a legal obligation to regularly inspect and maintain their car washes, including all equipment, to ensure that it is reasonably safe for use. Furthermore, employees must inform drivers when to enter, proceed, stop, or park. When owners or attendants fail to protect their patrons from unreasonable risk of harm, they can be held responsible for the resulting injuries.
- The Manufacturer of Defective Equipment: Washing equipment involves countless moving parts and components. A glitch or failure in an apparatus that controls the wash, such as a conveyor belt, can lead to various injuries. If faulty equipment harmed you in any way, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading attorneys could pursue a product liability claim on your behalf.
- Negligent Drivers: When a careless motorist crashes into you at a car wash, they can be held responsible for your damages. Distracted driving, tailgating, failing to yield the right-of-way, and speeding are all examples of negligence that occur behind the wheel at car washes.
After decades of experience fighting personal injury accidents, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has developed some of the industry’s most successful litigation strategies. Like other accidents, car wash accidents can lead to brutal injuries, severe emotional trauma, and costly vehicle damage. Please do not let your hospital bills and other losses continue to accumulate while the at-fault party or their insurance adjusters ignore your claim. With Dietrich Legal Team’s elite litigators fighting on your side, all concerned parties will be forced to take your case seriously. Please do not hesitate to call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly qualified Erie, Pennsylvania car accident injury team. Contact us today at 814-839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form so that we can start analyzing all of the nuances of your accident and build the strongest case possible.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 814-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Erie, Pennsylvania. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!