Car Accidents Caused By Distracted Driving In Niagara Falls, New York
Insurance Companies Have Paid the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Well Over $175,000,000.00 to Resolve Personal Injury Lawsuits in Niagara Falls, New York, Throughout Niagara County, and Beyond. While Choosing an Injury Attorney After a Car Accident Caused by a Distracted Driver is One of the Most Important Choices That You Will Ever Make, Jed Dietrich, Esq.’s Elite Reputation Makes Your Decision Incredibly Easy.
The simplest way to describe distracted driving is any activity that takes a motorist’s concentration away from the road. When it comes to being inattentive behind the wheel, the first thing to come to most people’s minds is smartphone usage. While texting, reading emails, and looking at social media substantially contribute to distracted driving accidents, various other actions, such as adjusting vehicle controls and rubbernecking, also result in devastating crashes. Unfortunately, taking your eyes off the road or stargazing for only an instant could have life-altering consequences on you, your passengers, and everyone else on the road.
Even the most focused motorists confront many distractions both inside and outside their vehicles. However, it is extremely difficult to drive safely when your total attention is not on the road. The slightest distraction could easily cause a driver to run a red light, drift into oncoming traffic, fail to yield the right-of-way, or rear-end a stopped car. Consequently, fatal distracted driving collisions occur multiple times per day. Victims fortunate enough to survive distracted driving car accidents often suffer shattering injuries, such as permanent disfigurement, amputations, internal hemorrhaging, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and total paralysis. Suppose that you, or a loved one, were badly wounded in a crash caused by an inattentive motorist. Your life may have been changed forever by this motorist’s selfish urge to answer a phone call on Niagara Scenic Parkway or Interstate 190. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s courageous attorneys believe that no one should have to suffer the catastrophic physical and emotional consequences of another’s carelessness.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has dedicated his life to fighting for accident victims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys understand that compensation often provides the only way for victims to move on. Therefore, our fundamental goal is to maximize the monetary award for every client. Our select lawyers would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your case in person and can provide you with a free case evaluation and consultation. Our highly qualified Niagara Falls car accident attorneys are available twenty-four-seven by calling 716-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form.The Tragic Statistics Regarding Distracted Driving
Whether or not you are a driver that engages in distractions while behind the wheel, distracted driving adversely impacts everyone on the road. Far too many inattentive motorists cause devastating car accidents because of their lack of attention or focus on the road. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading attorneys believe that the best way to stop these senseless crashes is to educate the public about the dangers of inattentive driving. Please see the below facts about driving while distracted:
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year alone, distracted driving accidents claimed 3,142 lives, and about 424,000 were injured.
- In that same year, drivers 25 to 34 had the highest rate of deadly crashes related to distractions.
- Every day, 9 victims throughout the country suffer senseless fatalities in accidents involving distracted drivers.
- Out of all the distracted driving collisions in a recent year, 13 percent resulted in fatalities.
- More than 8 percent of all recent traffic accident fatalities were caused by distracted driving.
- The three main types of distraction are visual, manual, and cognitive.
- Daydreaming or being deep in thought is the number one cause of all distracted driving collisions. Even though your eyes may be on the road and your hands are on the steering wheel, absent-mindedness still takes your concentration away from driving and can significantly slow your reaction time.
- Sending or reading a text message at 55 miles per hour is like driving the length of an entire football field with your eyes shut.
- Almost 40 percent of motorists admitted that they had read an email or text behind the wheel within the past month.
- Research conducted by the American Automobile Association (AAA) shows that after using a mobile device, drivers can endure a lasting mental distraction for up to 27 seconds.
DID YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SUFFER SERIOUS INJURIES OR WORSE IN A COLLISION CAUSED BY ANOTHER MOTORIST’S FAILURE TO PAY ATTENTION IN NIAGARA FALLS OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK, DISTRACTED DRIVING CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE REPRESENTATION THAT YOUR CLAIM DESERVES!
From texting and talking on the phone to smoking and applying makeup, many different actions fall under the category of distracted driving. Accidents caused by distractions could easily be avoided if drivers simply paid more attention to the road. A sidetracked motorist’s inattention to driving may be negligent. Negligence involves situations where a driver failed to act similarly to how a prudent motorist would have acted in similar circumstances. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Niagara Falls car accident attorneys can prove the other driver was negligent by demonstrating:
- Duty of Care: Every motorist has a legal obligation to drive safely and exercise reasonable caution, which includes paying attention to the road.
- Breach of Duty: A driver can be found to have violated his or her legal duty for driving distracted.
- Proximate Cause: Your collision was caused by the other motorist’s inattention, and if the defendant had just paid attention, you would not have been injured.
- Real Injury: You must have suffered specific damages arising from the crash, such as a concussion, hospital bills, or lost earnings.
Additionally, negligence per se is a legal theory that establishes negligence in injury cases that involve violations of the law. For example, Vehicle and Traffic Law 1225(c) and VTL 1225(d) regulate the use of mobile telephones and portable electronic devices, respectively. If your distracted driving accident involved prohibited cell phone use or other electronic devices, our battle-tested litigators might be able to bring a negligence per se claim.
Since 2005, Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his highly experienced Niagara Falls, New York team injury attorneys have had a reputation for obtaining justice on behalf of accident victims. When you hire the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., the last thing you need to worry about is obtaining reasonable compensation. Insurance companies and negligent drivers have paid our seasoned lawyers at least $1,000,000.00 or more thirty-eight times. Please call our Niagara Falls car accident lawyers today at (716) 839-3939 so that we can start helping you. Our litigators take all clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will never pay any up-front fees for our exceptional legal services.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Niagara Falls, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!