Buffalo Utility Company Accidents
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Will Fight on Behalf of Individuals Injured as a Result of Utility Company Accidents in Buffalo, New York and Throughout New York State.
In our modern age of electricity and indoor plumbing, most households are fortunate enough to have access to heat and running water. The entities responsible for the installation and upkeep of these services are known as public utility companies. In the event that these utilities fail due to negligence or improper installation on the part of a utility company, it can lead to personal injury, property damage, and possibly even fatalities.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. recognizes that accidents caused by utility company negligence are life-changing events. For over twenty years, he has represented dozens of clients in personal injury-related cases and is more than capable of representing you and your loved ones. Call us today at (716) 839-3939 or visit us online to schedule your free consultation. Remember, you will never be charged until we secure a win for you!Utility Companies and Regulations
A public utility company is an organization whose purpose is to provide services to the public. Basic utilities such as gas, electricity, and water are installed and maintained by these companies, which are in turn regulated by government institutions. Since 1977 the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has been in charge of overseeing and regulating utility companies across the United States. However, each state is overseen by the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC), whose purpose is to monitor utility companies and ensure they are following the governmental regulations set by the FERC.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has been helping accident victims throughout Buffalo, New York, for over a decade. In that time, it has championed countless personal injury claims. If you are looking for a team of dedicated, hardworking, and skilled lawyers to represent you, the Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., is your top choice. For more information on how we might best represent you, call us today for your free consultation at (716) 839-3939 or contact us online.Common Utility Company Accidents
Most often, the accidents seen in association with utility companies have to do with errors in installation. An improperly installed gas line, a poor wiring job, or a faulty water line can easily lead to personal injury. A breakdown of the most common issues with these utilities includes:
- Electric: Faulty electric installation can lead to house fires and burns. If you smell burning or smoke, notice frayed wires, warm wall outlets, or a repeatedly tripping circuit breaker; there may be an issue with the wiring somewhere in your home.
- Gas: Natural gas is one of the most common home fuel sources. Gas lines can be improperly installed or corrode over time. If you smell gas, immediately leave your home and call a utility company. Left unattended, a gas leak can lead to explosions, burns, and chemical damage to the lungs.
- Water: Another common utility, water is a necessity in most homes. A burst water pipe can cause immediate damage from flooding. While it is more likely that water will lead to property damage, a leak can cause a slip and fall. Even after water has been drained, it can lead to mold and damp infestation that can cause long-term health problems.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. knows that the safety of you and your loved ones is a top priority. It is his mission to ensure that you receive proper representation in your personal injury claim and that you obtain the highest compensation possible for your loss. The team of Buffalo, New York personal injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and can be reached at (716) 839-3939 or online.Negligence in New York State
Whether an issue with a utility resulted in personal injury or property damage, a utility company can be sued for negligence. In tort law, negligence is comprised of four parts, and each must be proven by the plaintiff to successfully argue that a utility company was negligent. These four elements are:
- The entity responsible owed you a Duty of Care: Duty of Care refers to the obligation of one party to act in a way that ensures the safety of another party. You must first prove that a utility company had a responsibility to uphold your safety through the correct performance of their job.
- That entity failed to uphold that duty: The actions of the utility company led to a failure to uphold that Duty of Care.
- Your personal injury resulted from that breach: You were injured because of the breach of that duty. The plaintiff must demonstrate that their injury was definitively caused by the breach of that duty.
- If awarded, compensation would help to counteract the harm done: The plaintiff must prove that monetary compensation would help to correct the damage done by the entity breaching their duty of care.
If all four components are met, an individual has grounds to sue for negligence in New York State. While some may choose to pursue legal lawsuits on their own, it is the strong recommendation of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. that you enlist the services of a top rated personal injury attorney in fighting for your claim. Our team will be able to assist you in building a strong case with the necessary supporting evidence and will not stop until we achieve a win for you.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES CAUSED BY A FAULTY UTILITY COMPANY INSTALLATION IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!