Buffalo Car Accidents and Head Injuries
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Exceptional Results for Accident Victims Suffering from Head Injuries Sustained in Car Crashes in Buffalo, New York.
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of head injuries throughout the country. A head injury is a broad term that is used to describe an extensive range of injuries that affect the blood vessels in the head, brain skull, underlying tissue, and scalp. In collisions, head injuries, such a traumatic brain injury, are typically caused by a blow to the head from a penetrating or blunt force trauma. Unfortunately, head injuries can cause long-term effects like impaired memory, thinking, sensation, movement, and emotional responses. Even minor brain injuries can greatly interfere with a victim’s routine activities, such as work or sleeping. In acute cases, victims may never recover and endure permanent disabilities.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team recognizes the physical, psychological, and emotional distress and impediments that you may be experiencing. Between the costly medical expenses, lost wages, and reduced ability to earn future income, the consequences can be disheartening. The last thing a head injury victim wants is to be worried about legal issues. If you, or a loved one, have been involved in a car accident and suffered a severe head injury, you may be left feeling confused and overwhelmed. Car accident victims suffering from head injuries want the best personal injury lawyer in Western New York fighting for them. Allow Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his team of elite car collision attorneys to handle your claim and obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Our seasoned lawyers recognize the devastating impact head injuries can have on victims and, ultimately, their loved ones. Heartbreaking stories of tragic head injuries inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims in Buffalo, New York, every single day. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party may be the only way to begin recovering and rebuilding your life. The best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. knows how to aggressively and effectively pursue head injury claims. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. at least $1,000,000.00 or more 38 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s outstanding lawyers are here to help you through this difficult time and will treat you with the respect and compassion that you deserve. If you would like to ask any specific questions regarding your claim, feel free to contact The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for your free consultation. You can reach our veteran attorneys by calling (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Our highly experienced team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. There is never a fee unless we WIN for you!Common Symptoms Associated With Head Injuries
After an accident, some symptoms frequently associated with head injuries may not be immediately obvious. Not all brain injuries even involve contact. When the head violently jolts forward and backward, the brain can hit the skull, causing injury. It is crucial to remember that even a simple concussion is still a brain injury, and no brain injury should be taken lightly. There are a wide variety of symptoms connected to head injuries. Symptoms can vary greatly in gravity, and no two brain injuries are the same. Some of the common symptoms associated with a head injury include:
- Loss of consciousness;
- Confusion or disorientation;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Extreme fatigue;
- Difficulty sleeping;
- Speech problems;
- Loss of balance;
- Pounding headaches;
- Blurred vision;
- Ringing in the ears;
- A bad taste in the mouth;
- Extreme sensitivity to sound or light;
- Feeling anxious or depressed;
- Violent mood changes;
- Memory problems; and
It is crucial to seek emergency medical treatment if you suffer any of the above symptoms following a head injury. Even if you do not have any symptoms, our elite lawyers recommend taking your health seriously and seeing a doctor after a collision.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUSTAIN A SEVERE HEAD INJURY IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK HEAD INJURY CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Numerous types of car crashes, such as rear-end accidents and head-on collisions, can result in severe head injuries. Head injuries can range considerably in severity. While some are relatively minor and cause temporary side effects, others cause considerable damage that alters life forever. Some of the most common head injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Concussions: This type of traumatic brain injury usually happens when a sudden change in movement causes the brain to smash against the skull. Concussions can make it difficult to concentrate, can cause depression, tinnitus, and even personality changes.
- Contusion: A contusion is another type of traumatic brain injury that is characterized by bruises on the brain. Contusions can occur when a victim smashes his or her head on a fixed object, such as a seat or the steering wheel. This head injury can also take place if an external object hits the victim’s head.
- Diffuse Axonal: This type of injury typically takes place in high-speed accidents. When the vehicle stops abruptly, shearing forces can result from rapid accelerated and decelerated head movements. In these types of situations, the brain does not move as fast as the skull. Diffuse axonal injury can cause unconsciousness and, in severe cases, a persistent vegetative state.
- Coup-Contrecoup: A coup-contrecoup results when the brain is rapidly jerked within the skull. Violent or forceful crashes and rollover collisions are the most common causes of this injury. The accident’s impact can cause the brain to smash against both sides of the skull. Victims suffering from coup-contrecoup head injuries usually sustain bleeding or swelling in the brain.
- Penetration: During an accident, objects inside and outside of a vehicle can easily become projectiles. A penetrating head wound happens when an external object penetrates the skull. In severe cases, penetrating head wounds can cause severe complications, including death. Victims may experience loss of consciousness, heavy blood loss, and even coma.
Head injuries are among the most dismaying and appalling damages that can occur in car accidents. Fortunately, if you have been injured as a result of another’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to pursue monetary compensation. With dire potential implications on your future health and livelihood, such as impending medical expenses, permanent disabilities, and reduced earning capacity, it is crucial to obtain the best possible result. Our battle-tested team of attorneys will take prompt action to systematically investigate your car accident, ascertain liability, and file a claim to preserve your rights.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team of attorneys has represented numerous victims whose lives were turned inside out because of catastrophic head injuries. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of highly experienced and elite personal injury attorneys will strive to obtain the highest possible compensation for all of your injuries. This may include monetary compensation for your medical bills, lost wages from work, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and any other anticipated damages. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. Call us today at (716) 839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!