Vision Loss After A Rochester, New York, Car Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, Has Dedicated His Career to Every Rochester and New York Resident Who Has Suffered Because Of Another Person’s Negligence. Since founding the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Jed Dietrich, Esq., Has Helped His Clients Secure More Than $175 Million in Damages.
A lot can go wrong after a Rochester automobile accident. While some injuries are immediately apparent, others may be delayed. Eye injuries, for instance, sometimes seem superficial. However, without proper treatment, they could worsen, leading to progressive vision loss and a lifetime of impairment.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered blurred eyesight or loss of vision after a Rochester car accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq., has spent his career fighting for the rights of those hurt by other people’s negligence. The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., will help you obtain the highest possible compensation—money you could use to visit an optometrist, get laser surgery, or insulate your finances from future disability. Please call us at (585) 939-3939 today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.Eye Injuries And Rochester Car Accidents
Every car accident has the potential to cause catastrophic and life-changing injuries. After all: the forces involved in even a low-speed collision can bend steel and break bones. Researchers have found that car crashes are responsible for nearly 11,000 eye injury-related hospitalizations every year. Car accident eye injuries are common because automobile collisions present unique dangers that are not encountered in everyday life, such as:
- High speeds;
- Rapid deceleration;
- Broken glass exposure;
- Violent airbag deployments; and
- Flying car parts and accessories.
These dangers often combine and complement one another, culminating in critical injury. Since eye injuries can be costly to treat and carry life-long consequences, you should always contact an experienced Rochester car accident injury lawyer before settling with an insurance company. The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C. could consult medical experts to determine the severity of your injury and the value of your claim. However, it is important that you act fast: New York has a statute of limitations that could prevent you from taking any legal action if you wait too long to contact an attorney. Please send us a message online to schedule your consultation as soon as possible.Eye Injuries Caused By Rochester Car Accidents
If your eyes were hurt, scratched, or punctured in an automobile accident, you might experience instant, debilitating pain. You will probably have to visit a doctor—maybe even an emergency room. However, simply receiving prompt medical attention does not always guarantee that you will be able to recover and put your accident behind you. Some injuries cause problems that worsen over time and could adversely affect your vision for years. They include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: A traumatic brain injury is a form of brain dysfunction caused by external trauma, such as a sudden change in velocity or a blow to the head. While traumatic brain injuries could range from a minor concussion to hemorrhaging, they all have the potential to disrupt the brain’s ability to communicate with different parts of the body, including the eyes. Since some traumatic brain injuries can be difficult to detect, it is important to see a physician whenever you have been involved in a car accident.
- Direct Eye Injuries: The eye, like other body parts, can be abrased, punctured, or lacerated. If an external object such as broken glass enters the eye, it could degrade or destroy an accident victim’s eyesight. Even if a physician can perform surgery or render other aid, they may be unable to reverse the damage.
- Chemical Wounds and Burns: Car accidents can release toxic emissions and even start fires, which may irritate or burn the eyes. In fact, even automobile safety features can be dangerous. Scientific studies have shown that airbag deployments can affect eye function, either through blunt force trauma or the release of airbag activation chemicals.
- Retinal Detachment: The retina is the part of the eye that captures light, which the brain processes and turns into images. While the retina is integral to vision, it could be damaged or become detached in an automobile accident. This is because many car crashes cause rapid deceleration. If this deceleration is both sudden and violent, it could cause retinal detachment.
- Nerve Damage: The retina and eye pass information through the optic nerve. The forces involved in a motor vehicle accident could damage the optic nerve by restricting blood flow or putting increased pressure on its liquid casing.
While some eye injuries are self-evident, others get progressively worse over time, eventually culminating in the partial or total loss of vision. Sometimes the only signs of such damage are worsened eyesight, an unexpected sensitivity to the sun, or a sudden need to wear glasses.
If you, or a loved one, have been involved in a Rochester car accident that was not your fault, you do not need to accept impairment. The Dietrich Law Firm, P.C., could fight on your behalf to secure the compensation you need to get the best treatment available. If your insurance carrier is unwilling to negotiate in good faith, we could take them, the at-fault motorist, and any other liable party to court. Please call us today at (585) 939-3939 to discuss your legal strategies and recovery roadmap.
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE EXPERIENCING VISION LOSS OR BLURRED EYESIGHT AFTER A ROCHESTER CAR ACCIDENT?
IF SO, YOU NEED TO ACT FAST: NEW YORK HAS A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS THAT LIMITS HOW LONG YOU HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM AFTER LOSING PARTIAL OR TOTAL VISION IN A ROCHESTER CAR CRASH.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., AND HIS TEAM OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED ROCHESTER CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (585) 939-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (585) 939-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Rochester, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!